This will be the last we see of Chad Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GlennFoley, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Pennington will finish the season, which would be a personal milestone for him. Mangini respects and likes Pennington too much to take that away from him.
    With a stronger rush d this season, posts like this wouldn't exist. And there'd be no talk of benching Pennington this season or dumping him in the off-season.

Having said that, if we do lose the next two...Clemens will take over at some point in the Oakland game, but still will not start.

2. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Glenn Foley,

You are slipping. Where is the next negative thread? We're all waiting. This one has about run its course. I would have thought with a week off you would have had a whole list ready to go.

TBTF

3. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

I only hope that IF the stats come out 18/26 4 TD 0 INT you won't be disappointed.

4. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Maybe if you were thrown to the ground hard enough you would bounce back, too.

5. johnnysd

johnnysd Well-Known Member

The thing with Chad is it is not about whether other QBs are consistent, or whether they have bad games or throw interceptions. The thing with Chad and the reason he is so divisive is two fold:

1. He is not a big play QB. He (generally) cannot score a touchdown with a minute left, or throw a couple big gainers to make up for an interception. He needs to grind out long, time consuming drives. He needs to play flawlessly. When he does that, thet long drives dominate time of possesion and we either win or it is very close. If we get behind, and need a big comeback he is not really capable of that. What follows is that bad games for CHad are WORSE for the Jets team than bad games by other QBs. A CHad interception is 1.5, 2 or even three times as devastating to our chances to win as many other more dynamic QBs, because he does not have the tools to make up for it. A 1 to 1 TD/INT ration for Chad is much worse than it would be for Palmer or Manning or Brees or any top tier NFL QB, of which Chad is not. When Chad is off, we lose. It is just the nature of his type of play. More than almost any other QB, our success is tied to Chad's success not because of his superior ABILITIES or ADVANTAGES over other QBs but because of his weaknesses. People look at Chad and say," he WON us that game, and that game, and now he loses won and people want his head and that is totally wrong" The thing is that is not, his style of play and the weaknesses of his game that need to be accounted for, create a more direct tie in to the direct outcome of the game. He is the Fred Funk of the NFL: if he keeps it in the fairway he can win, but if things go astray he has no way to revover. He is a one trick pony, but he is VERY GOOD at his one trick. The Chad haters, don;t hate Chad but see this weakness, and want the Tiger Woods of the NFL. Someone who has multiple ways to beat you, and if things go wrong he can still recover.

2. He has some confidence issues. And this is the reason so many want his ouster. Not only does he have only one way to beat you, but in addition CHad has been shown to fold early in the face of adversity, even in situations where his style can still grind out a comeback. He seems to get frazzled and his play drops off dramtically. This I think is the biggest problem the anti-Chad side has with Chad. Is that addition to hsi one dimensional nature, he can go completely in the tank. So in the balance, Chad costs more than he makes up.

Personally, I like Chad. I think he was the right decision to start the year. I think we stay with him until our season's decided. I do not see where people see him as being the long term solution for us, or taking us to a SB based on his performance this year. Forget the past, he is NOT as good as the 2002 or 2004 Chad. This one is a similar, but slightly more limited and less accurate version.

He is also NOT a hreat fit for the San Diego type offense we play, which is a mid-range passing, misdirection type offense, not a dink and dunk WCO. We actually have a QB on our roster perfect (in theory) for that type of offense in Clemens. He has so many things in common with Brees, who excelled in this offensive scheme. He IS our future QB, and if we lose Sunday that future could very well start as a Christmas present to Kellen.

6. Hazardous Waters

7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I am not going to be as bold and stupid as Glenn Foley, but I am in fact concerned about Pennington in this game.

If our offense doesn't produce points it will be all on Pennington because the Running game will not be there this Sunday and it will be too easy to point the finger at Chad if our offense stalls again.

I dont expect him to stuggle tomorrow, but if it does indeed happen I wouldn't be suprised to see Kellen step in for the last two games.

8. vanyjetsfan

vanyjetsfan Member

Ridiculous post

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yours on the other hand adds so much insight ...

10. NamathDays

NamathDays New Member

You just make this crap up outta thin air, right?...This post style seems familiar. Oh, THAT'S RIGHT!...You've posted silly stuff before

11. NamathDays

NamathDays New Member

While its not impossible that this is Chad's last season as starter...I deeply doubt that he'd get pulled for the rest of the season

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You know you have a problem at the QB position when your third string WR and now your third string FB is a better QB than your starting Qb..:rolleyes:

13. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Give up on your fortune telling because you SUCK at it!!!! Its time for GlennFoley to fold and no longer start threads!!!

14. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Nancy continues to be wrong.

15. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Good call, I anticipate Clemens starting and Chad being cut after this horrible performance.

16. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

Its eerie how incredibly accurate GlennFoley is....

17. Davenu

Davenu New Member

I amazes me on anyone who would bash Chad. It is simple undeniable math.

With Chad as the starter they go to the playoffs. With out they get a top 5 pick. When he plays well they win, EVERY time. When he plays poorly, all QBs do from time to time, they lose.

Any success and good feelings fans have had about the Jets this decade are because of Chad Pennington. Give him the respect he deserves and understand that he can win a Super Bowl just give the man some time. The Jets have never had the sustained success they have EVER until Chad came along.

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hahahahahahahha.

That's all I have to say.

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Maybe Mr Foley got his weeks messed up. If he was seriously expecting a bad game this week then he's probably just trolling. We know what Chad does against the dregs of the league. If he plays well in a W next week then we can start talking.

20. JetPulse

JetPulse New Member

It's been one of his updays.
    Yah...Whahoo....Damn right....ohh..ohhh.oohh