This was not bad at all

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Levenhagen, Oct 8, 2012.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm sorry, but I saw far too many mistakes tonight by the entire team Coaching staff included. The best unit on the team tonight was the ST's. The offense still looks out of synch and because they're force feeding Tim Tebow, every drive gets interrupted by the obligatory Tebow snap WITH Sanchez on the field so they're playing 10 against 11 on offense. Every time Sanchez gets in a rythym, in comes Tebow. This two headed QB mo nster is exactly that. A Monster when it comes to personnel packages that gets fcked up. How in the hell do you get 12 DEFENSIVE PLAYERS

2. keepin klecko

keepin klecko Member

I think they outcoached themselves. Too many cases where they had no idea who was coming in on offense, wasted 2 timeout playing around with the Tebow BS. what happened to screen plays and draw plays when everyone in the building knows a blitz is coming. Having my doubts about the Sparano move.

3. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Yes. You hear that, OP? YOU are exactly the problem. You are the reason the Jets lost tonight....

...or something.

4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

So much for the team quit and Rex lost them right? Everyone overreacted last week, it's clear the team still cares and wants to win and anyone who didn't think so is crazy. That's why people think of this as a moral victory, because so many posters on here were saying the Jets quit and Rex lost them at 2-2.

And as many of us predicted, we are 2-3 at this point of our season. Unfortunately, its with major key injrues and one ass kicking served by the hers

5. bumrush

bumrush Banned

As a long suffering Dolphins fan under Sparano, I almost feel sorry for you guys. Get used to having no timeouts at the end of games. Get used to that moron killing momentum with idiotic wildcat plays after a big first down in a traditional set. Sparano is a bumbling fool and you will all see what drove the Fins to one of their lowest points in history under his watch and idiotic play calling.

6. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Yes This!

and the Jets don't get credit for moral victories. If they got a little positive press, it might be something they could build on. But I doubt they will

7. Levenhagen

Levenhagen New Member

one thing i did hate was that onside kick

seriously, there was absolutely no need for that, we were on top after that return TD but failing to convert the onside turned the tide to their side again

8. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Well....no. But they were put in some bad spots by the O and the coaches, and performed reasonably well. Held Texans to field goals when TD's would have put the game away.

#28 BJXX, Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  9. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I guess the young generation of fans believes in moral victories? Ouch

The jets got whipped and it frankly was not as close as you think

If needed, the texans could have run it up much more, but why risk a turnover ? just hand the ball back to the worst QB, running the worst offense and let them kill themselves

10. BJXX

BJXX New Member

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately all evidence points to the veracity of your statement.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We just proved we can play with the top teams in the AFC. The giants went 0-4 against the Cowboys, Packers, and patriots in 07 regular season only to beat em all when it mattered.

Losses like this can install confidence going forward. Ask the Giants last year when they almost beat Greenbay....

12. reverseapachemaster

Just recognizing the entire team was not a meltdown this week.

13. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

I'm proud of the team, too. They really TRIED HARD tonight, and we weren't skunked on MNFL. Cro awesome. Coaches stupid wasting time-outs, and should have let Tebow finish a drive or let Sanchez have the whole thing.

14. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan New Member

Great effort from your guys.

Cromartie played great.

Get some offense and you'll be ok.

15. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Right. We didn't lose as badly as I thought we would. Players stepped up.

16. Clovis

Clovis New Member

Joe McK made this game appear a lot closer than it really was, we got our butts handed to us....150+ rushing yard by Foster? really? We werent killed by lucky long shots, we got whipped on both sides of the ball. I was impressed by the heart the players showed....but heart and wishing will only get you so far. I hated the offensive package changes, having Tebow com in caused as many problems for our offense as it did for ther defence. Either let him come in for an entire series or not at all imho. Overall, i have more faith in our receiving corp, but we have a ways to go

17. FlashGordon

FlashGordon Active Member

Yes, the "younger generation" invented the concept of moral victories. Pretty sure the OP never even mentioned the phrase.

Some of us just enjoy hard-fought competition. We just lost a close game to arguably the best team in the NFL. You can go to sleep crying if you want, I'm going to sleep looking forward to putting a beat-down on the Colts next week.

18. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

We could of been like the Bills this week and just QUIT.

19. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

LOL to people saying Cromartie didn't play well because of that first TD. Like, did you watch the game? The dude was beasting it up all over the field on defense and should have caught a TD pass.

20. bumrush

bumrush Banned

One more thing about Sparano.. And this happened with Henne at least twice.. Jets needed one TD to win. 2 minutes to go. Is it smart to rush a play and just get the snap off on third and long? Or is it better to compose yourself and know you have 2 minutes to score? Typical Sparano logic