This loss is completely on Coach Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 10, 2021.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

The fans suck

2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Well, the D didn’t really show up either so there is that

3. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

I didn't see that. They just could not stop Ryan and that roughing the passer penalty didn't help. Not bothering to show up is talk radio stuff.

westiedog1, cval and MoWilkBeast like this.
  4. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

You're not kidding there. They had 3 scoring drives before we had a first down. And it was about to be 4 for 4 drives before the fumble.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I’m not sure if this is because you read my post in the game thread, but I couldn’t agree more!

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  6. ukjetsfan

They sold hot dogs that tasted like crap.

7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

The Jets have been trying to build a skyscraper on quicksand foundations for the best part of 50 years. Sometimes you nearly get to the top before it collapses, other times you barely get out of the ground. The foundations need to be built first and sadly this takes a little time. Not forever but a little more time. I have no idea if the people building those foundations are any good yet, I just know they are trying to build them unlike their predecessors. I expect mistakes and redesigns along the way.

8. ukjetsfan

How could the Monday Night Miracle count as a complete game? The team didn’t wake up and start playing until the fourth quarter.

SOJAZ likes this.
  9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The D lost this game

LAJet likes this.
  10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That's been a trend all year. It's not like It just happened for the first time.

If this Is an every game problem. If this trend isn't eradicated at some point.

Yeah. I'll be concerned.

Right now, they are figuring It out while showing potential. That's all I can ask for.

Again. Rookie everything on this team essentially. Let them have the chance to figure this out.

They ARE being competitive right now at the very least, despite the slow start. It needs fixed. It's not time to panic for me with It just yet though.

Red Menace and westiedog1 like this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The D can only hold up so much. The time if possession was dumb lop sided going into halftime. The D had TWO turnovers, that resulted In ZERO points. Wilson had 65 yds passing going into the 4th quarter, correct?

The D Is under talented as Is, to expect them to hold up more than they did isn't realistic to me.

They can be better as a unit.

To say they were the reason for the loss Is laughable to me though. This was definitely a team loss to me.

Jets79, MoWilkBeast and stinkyB like this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Atlanta scored on their first three possession. 14, 10 and 8 play drives. When they needed a stop in the second half Atlanta went on a 9 play 80 yard drive.

SOJAZ likes this.
  13. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Tend to agree, although I don't understand why they didn't double team Pitts from the start. I actually forgot he was on the team. My son, who does fantasy, reminded me. With their 2 top WRs out, I figured they would try to go to him all game long and that's what they did.

As with most Jet D's over the past ten years, I feel this D is good enough to hold its own on a winning team. The problem, as in the past, is the offense not scoring points. It's always easier to play D with a lead.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I did self correct that...

15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

better coaching would have done that. Belichick would have, like he always does, taken away your best option. In this game, with their top two receivers out, that had to be Pitts. We should have had a game plan designed around shutting him down. Doubling him, whatever it takes.

But this is a team loss all the way…defense played like shit…no pressure…did Q even play? Did we hear his name at all?

but this is heavily on Zach…no sugar coating it. He had 60 yards and a pick going into the 4th quarter….like what, is this the 1950s? That’s TERRIBLE. He is missing guys badly….throwing at their feet, over their heads. I have no idea what he’s seeing but he looks horrid. He’s on pace to break Peyton’s rookie interception record. It is not pretty.

as bad as the defense was, you also can’t expect them to hold up when you keep going three and out time after time after time. Offense owns this loss more than the defense to me. Yes the D needed to make a stop on that last drive after we made it 20-17…for sure. A great defense would have done that. But they were on the field all day. I blame the offense and specifically Zach for this loss just as much if not more, than the D

SOJAZ, NYJetsO12 and westiedog1 like this.
  16. ukjetsfan

Sorry, I didn't see that!

17. ukjetsfan

I meant to note this in the game thread but got distracted by something, but after Pitts had clearly shown he was a major threat, I watched him line up on a play. He had no defender over him. Nobody. He ran a slow, simple route and was completely open. Ryan went elsewhere with the ball, but on that play at least, far from being the focus of the Jets defense, he was completely forgotten. And this was AFTER he had already made plays.

We should have at least tried to take him out of the game.

SOJAZ and westiedog1 like this.
  18. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

Really surprised at the amount of posters who actually think that this never ending cavalcade of sad sack football and constant losing is acceptable, and continue to try to put forth excuses and reasons for this teams ineptitude. "Rookie QB", "Rookie HC", "green OC" "bad OL", "officiating" blah blah blah. Hey, these guys get paid millions of dollars to play and coach this game. Nothing that this franchise has presented to its die hard loyal and paying fans over the last 10 years is acceptable in any way shape or form and if you think it is, you are as big a loser as they all are. There are no excuses for being non competitive. Hell I am fat and out of shape (like our always injured starting LT), but I would be glad to go out there for millions and get hurt 10 minutes into the season too, or go out and run a pass route and drop the ball, or play QB and throw INTS left & right, or start the game with zero energy and not give a crap because I get paid anyway. The team that mauled them in the first half yesterday was more beat up and banged up then they are. The blatant lack of effort and/or energy in the first half of these games while the result is still in doubt is astounding. Don't talk about TD passes and huge stats in garbage time when the game is out of reach as it has been in 4 % 5 games so far, that is meaningless. As Joe B always used to say, the players change, the coaches change, the results never change. Truer words....

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

What are they doing during the week which is causing them to come out slow and unprepared?

Saleh being a career coordinator, I would've thought it would be the opposite. Coordinators do all the work during the week to get the team prepped, I woulda thought that would come natural to his team and the in game adjustments would be the issue.

westiedog1 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not to mention he's a big rah rah guy who runs stairs before games so you figured he was in there banging his head against lockers before game kicks off to get the guys going.

Then again, Rex was too and he was the king of the awful first half.

Good observation on the bold - I think the in game adjustments have been pretty decent for the most part.

westiedog1 likes this.