This loss is completely on Coach Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HackettSuxTNG, Oct 10, 2021.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Stop breathing foreign substances.

Answer the question.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What have you been breathing? You seem to need some oxygen.

Forget about my responding to every point the guy made who claimed it was not Saleh's fault, I'll just repeat the last line of my response for you since you seem to be having a problem understanding it.

"But, apparently, for some he is not responsible for any of the things hurting this team. Exactly what is he responsible for?"

#42 Ralebird, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Have to wonder if this staff is in over their heads. They start slow and are unprepared every week.

Not to mention keeping Mims on the bench which is just infuriating

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

5. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Skins game two years ago. Of course in the long run the game was meaningless.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Jet excuse #2: "Rookie HC/OC/DC/QB"

SOJAZ, BrowningNagle and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Man what is with Jets coaches and only getting the team to play one half?? Feels like this has been thing forever now

BrowningNagle and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Why stop there? Majority of JDs draft picks haven't done anything for this team

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have half given up being a Fan after decades of abuse this Franchise repays loyal supporters...but when I turn my attention to watching the Raiders they manage to shit the bed too trying to hang their hat on D Carr

The Johnsons and their clueless management continue to be bad luck...if Hess was still the Owner Bill Belichek might have been the Coach and the rest history

Well all we have is now and the future guys...are there any answers???

Joe Disappointment Douglas has 3 years to come up with a solution

He picked Saleh LaFleur and Wilson...I need to see Progress..I need to see Improvement. Today from QTr 1 we needed to keep a steady run game going with Carter and feed Crowder the ball ...nothing long nothing fancy . If want a long ball you can't just heave it to Davis. One throw to Mims ??? Are you kidding??

Douglas can start from scratch right? If Wilson is a Bust do a better job scouting ...the Kid has a great personality but don't just get sold on that (sorry NC gotta say it). I hope I am worried for no reason but today ZW couldn't make the case he's NFL worthy tbh

Use the Billionaires money to pay them all off till we get it finally right

10. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

Offensively they need to go for the jugular every series just about from the start…It’s almost like every game we try to “do the right thing within the system” and get our doors blown off. Then, we need hero ball to catch up.

This team is deep at WR and Wilson is a gunslinger. They should be playing a hurry up type offense with everything based off of the deep ball on down. Our tight ends are awful but they’re always on the field…if you try to run a basic offense with this group you won’t do well as we see

Defensively just play up and aggressive more so overall. I’d rather make them beat us over the top then get beat by the same short stuff over and over

SOJAZ, Lon Chaney, PJ4Ever and 2 others like this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm as negative as they come most days.

I don't understand this vibe right now though?

I would get It If we looked like dog shit the entire time, If we didn't come close to a comeback, If we didn't adjust as we went, etc....

The Idea Is to improve, gel, and mold a team that we as fans can be proud of. This was a quality game that displayed growth, even In loss. This loss Is FAR AND AWAY better than what we seen the first three weeks combined. The last two games have been more In line with what I expected this year. A bad team, with potential, that will lose more than they win, but, will fight and be competitive throughout the season despite the deficiencies.

Ya'll need to step back a bit and remember what this team looked like prior to these last two games. Don't let the win cloud your better judgment, we are still a bad team, they scratched and clawed to make It a winnable game. Yeah, they didn't get It done, a lot to fix, again though, I will take this loss over any of the first three games. I can handle struggles right now, I can't handle unacceptable bullshit that reminded me of the Gase era, only worse. That wasn't okay.

This game wasn't that.

12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The history is full of what ifs. One thing that is clear to me is that Belichik's success and longevity is solely because of Brady. Yes, he is a good coach too, so was Rex, and many others who ultimately faded into obscurity. Outside of Brady his record sucks, while Brady is doing just as well with another good coach. Would he still draft Brady if he was the coach of the Jets? Maybe, maybe not. There is a strong probability with a different situation his 6th round pick is different and he becomes nobody like many others. We will never know.

As far as improvements, as tough a loss as today was, for a few weeks it looked like we cannot even be competitive. It looked like we can't protect our QB. At least now we are in games, even won one recently, and OL is giving Zach some time. There is some progress from that standpoint, even though we all like to see more. But this is a team with a lot of rookies, from coaching to QB, to being youngest in NFL overall. I at least feel better knowing we are competitive and can protect our QB. To me from the way we started the season, it seems like improvement.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

tight ends should be on the bench, no reason to keep trotting them out there. This is a young kid OC calling a 1980s offense

Lon Chaney and King Koopa like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yup. And it's transcended four coaches and three general managers at this point. It's mind blowing.

15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

From Idzik onward, every single one of those coaches and GMs was hired under some condition of bad faith, which is the biggest reason why we continue to suck.

16. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Mims in not playing because the other receivers are better. Why should anyone care about that?

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Good ol' AFC football... I like it.

Why not... whatever the fuck they're doing ain't working.

King Koopa likes this.
  18. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Is this going to happen every time they lose a game? They are rebuilding and have a new everything. Get it!

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Rebuilds take a couple years to make a bad team into a playoff team. They don't take a couple years to get a team to show any signs of life. Unless, which is what's happening here, the people orchestrating the rebuild are bad at their jobs.

SOJAZ likes this.
  20. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

How does a team that scratch and claw to make it a winnable game against Tennessee not even bother to show up for the first half of their next game, and should the head coach own responsibility for that?

SOJAZ likes this.