This game was ours for the taking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RobA, Dec 16, 2007.

1. BCSUPERFAN

BCSUPERFAN New Member

i wonder if mangini threw his cellphone into a pickup truck after the jets sucked in the redzone like the commercial

2. Grogan's neck roll

Grogan's neck roll New Member

Just wanted to stop in to say that the Jets acquitted themselves well yesterday, played a much better game than expected. Good luck the rest of the way, see you next year.

3. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Hey a Pat fan with class; isn't that an oxymoron?

4. rillo

rillo New Member

We had many chances....players didn't execute (catch balls). I don't blame Mangini for this he had the team ready to play.

5. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

You left out Clemens getting body slammed by Seymore and throwing up a 7 pointer to the Patriots because our offensive line was asleep at the wheel on the second play from scrimmage - our line is pathetic, and I think is first and foremost the reason why we are so bad this year. This even takes precedent to the defensive line which is also bad without a true 360+ lb NT and a really good pass rushing DE.

#25 GreenHornet, Dec 17, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2007
  6. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

They were who we thought they were!!!

7. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

This season?s losses are so reminiscent of 95-96. We have had chances to win at least 6 games this year with just one sustained drive or one Catch here or there. It was not meant to be my friends. This year has been so frustrating that words can?t really describe it! Here are some words to describe the future!
    1. Mangini has truly regressed this year! / Next year he better get it right. (If you see the option offense again at any time next year, then this guy is better suited for the college game rather then the NFL)
    2. We need a quarter back! I know people will bash me saying give the kid a chance; but do we have the time to see if he pans out? No we don?t! Chad is a goner! And Clemens will be a project into next year. (I say Find a quality Quarter back and spend the loot)
    3. The offensive line needs help! We get over powered on nearly every snap! This will impact us for years to come unless it?s corrected. (It doesn?t matter if we went after McFadden or not; no line no rushing yards or hole to run through)
    4. Defensive line (How much money is tied up on a line that is just as bad as the Offensive line - No pass rush , no fear from the opposing team , no Chance of holding a team at bay even if we had a lead!)
    5. Ownership (IV said it before - woody is an absentee land lord who doesn?t really pay much a attention to his play thing)
    We are at the point where it can safely be said that our miserable season is due to the talent levels that exists Player wise and coaching staff wise!

8. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

I'd add Mangini failure to challenge Moss's 46-yard catch with 4:45 to playcatch in the 4th quarter. I thought the ball hit the ground when Moss came and he didn't have control.

9. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

It was a difference of 5 yards with the flag, not worth the TO at that point.

10. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Take away yours and you don't even score a TD yesterday. "What if" goes both ways. :up:

11. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Right you are.

12. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

Right you are.