The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

1,000 posts hollllaaa!

2. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Almost forgot, did you all see Shelton Benjamin, MVP, and Mark Henry now kind of starting to fall into place with this expansive feud vs the Hardys? Could be the beginnings of a New Nation... (see previous page)...

3. KSJets

KSJets New Member

^ That was on RAW? I didn't watch the whole thing so I might have missed it.

4. Green Hurricane

It's been something that's been developing over a few weeks. Mostly on Smackdown, and then summerslam.

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Damn. I don't watch SmackDown, and I've never once watched Extremely Crappy Wrestling. The WWE needs to drop this branding garbage and let everyone perform on every show. That would get me to watch SmackDown, since I'd be following storylines like the old days.

So the Hardys are back together? If so, good move. They belong together.

6. Green Hurricane

That's the dumb part, they're on different brands, but feuding with the same people. I totally agree about the branding, it needs to be abolished. I'm so tired of the same crappy storylines that don't even develop from week to week. I don't care how many mediocre talents need to be trimmed to make it work, they'll never have near the success of the old ways until they do so.

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That is exactly the problem. The mediocre talent. Back when guys like Rock and Austin were the top of the game, the mediocre guys were just there for some comedy relief once in a while. They were the Jamie Nobles. Now, you have too many guys who are low level physical talents, compounded by poor promo artists. Off the top of my head, the guy now with Jericho comes to mind.

Drop ECW altogether. How many viewers can it seriously have?

Then drop the branding on the other two shows. Cut the fringe talent out and go back to regular Hardcore Title matches on RAW to rope in the ECW fans.

Next, set up stables. A bunch of them.

Drop the World Heavyweight Championship. Only have the WWE Title for the heavyweights. Have an IC title, a TV title defended every week, a regularly defended tag team title, and the Hardcore Title. The IC title should be defended every PPV and like twice a month. The WWE title should get an occasional tv defense. The Hardcore Title should be defended regularly.

The Women's title should be defended more regularly as well. They should also have more frequent gimmick matches with the Divas. Who doesn't like a good pillow fight, or lingerie brawl?

These are the things that made the WWE work 10 years ago.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

The Divas were a huge factor in me stopping watching. Theyre annoying, usually ugly(sorry, not a fan of plastic) and aren't interesting at all.

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Except for Kelly Kelly and Mickie James, I don't particularly find any of them attractive. (Torrie Wilson was hot back around the turn of the century.)

It's the novelty of the Diva fights. The gimmick matches, with King making ridiculous comments, plus the absolutely terrible wrestling.

If you're watching Diva matches and taking them seriously, you're greatly missing the point.

11. IATA

IATA Trolls

I'd rather see a compelling storyline with lots of action then 2 skanks cat fighting. If nothing else, Diva matches are turd time/beer and sandwich time.

12. devils744

devils744 New Member

sums it up nicely.

13. Drew

Drew Active Member

Did anyone go to the house show tonight at the Garden?

I bought tickets this afternoon off ticketmaster. Section 4, Row A. Yep, front row center at Madison Square Garden and it was fucking awesome.

It's so different seeing everything up close and personal. Had some memorable moments and saw some really cool crap. First of all the fireworks up close are way too much. It's crazy loud. The matches were all pretty good with the exception of Snitsky/Jamie Noble but honestly it's Snitsky and Noble.

I got high fives from Batista, CM Punk, Shad of Cryme Tyme, Jamie Noble, and Kelly Kelly. It was pretty cool. Came really close to Cena. The moment of the night involved Chris Jericho, though.

I'm standing up during Batista's entrance and Y2J is legit standing right in front of me with his back turned to me. I tapped him on the back, and he turned around to my friend and asked who did it. He pointed at me. Jericho then says to me "Don't you dare ever touch me ever again. Get that stupid grin off your face. Don't you know who I am?" at this point I'm busting out laughing. I can't believe Chris Jericho, easily in my top 3 favorite wrestlers of all time, if not my favorite is interacting with me and not only that, he's essentially threatening me. It was awesome.

When you sit that close, they put on a show. Totally worth the 75 bucks to sit front row. If you have the chance to do it, it's a must. House shows in particular, the fan interaction is awesome.

I uploaded the photos to Myspace, let me know if they work: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=10426937&albumId=2265551

More to come.

14. devils744

devils744 New Member

did they announce when it is coming back to msg?

i was in new york for a concert last night and saw all the people waiting outside to see the wrestlers as they left. my friend and i stayed for a few minutes and saw jbl, batista, cryme time, and someone else.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

wrestling.

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

Thats TNA. Thats bad.

17. Drew

Drew Active Member

December 28th. Tickets go on sale Saturday.

18. devils744

devils744 New Member

I was hoping the Rumble would be there again but I guess that won't be happening. Had a great time at it last year.

19. KSJets

KSJets New Member

OMG...that's hilarious...lol. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

RAW is on Sci-Fi tonight all, just so no one is looking at USA like "WTF!?!" when the Open is on.