The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I was surprised the main 3 title matches all got paid off. I was expecting to be let down. I did want Bryan to retain, but it's a good story nonetheless.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i watched some of it. turned it off about 1030.

3. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Huge shout out to new tag team champ Curt Hawkins for his Jets inspired ring gear last night. Gotta show love to one of our own.

[​IMG]

The Dark Knight and NYJalltheway like this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, Daniel Bryan did really good in that match, as did Kofi. I guess they told Dean Ambrose to take a hike since he is leaving WWE. I expected him to either help Roman or Seth, but it did not happen. Hogan making a joke about the Silverdome was good too. The visuals and spectacle of it all was great. They went all out. I still say Batista deserves a lot of credit for last night. He has not wrestled for 5 years and looked pretty good and did a lot. I expected that match to be much worse. Flair helping out at the end to take the story line full circle was cool too. I'm with you, I was expecting to be let down left and right, but it was a solid show.

5. NYJalltheway

Saying it was solid isn't saying much. It's "the shows of shows." You're supposed to be blown away. I was let down by the lack of classic matches. Somehow I think the men's tag championship was the best match. I think I was just frustrated by the slow pace of almost every match. Plus a lot of finishes seemed to happen out of nowhere. Nothing went very long, and great matches need time, not 10 minutes. Look at all the match times.

6. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It was a good show, the triple threat could have been better.

I just wish it wasn't so long, it's like watching a marathon.

alleycat9 and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. The Dark Knight

My expectations for WWE are much lower than yours probably. :) I get you and there were a lot of filler matches in between but Rollins-Lesnar, Bryan-Kofi, Triple H-Batista, Cena-Elias segment, Hogan opening the show, Shane-Miz, and the Main Event Becky-Charlotte-Ronda, was all pretty good. My only issue was Angle losing to Corbin just because it sucked. I guess it was done to make people hate Corbin even more, but I could care less about him. Should have been Cena-Angle.

Sam Hammer and Jets_Grinch like this.
  8. NYJalltheway

Everyone agrees on your last statement, but the heat he will get will be hilarious to see now. I knew Corbin was going over.

It was a good show. I was just a kid in the attitude era, so I'm spoiled.

Sam Hammer and The Dark Knight like this.
  9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I would have loved to see Cena vs Angle for his last match. It would have been fitting since Cena's first real rivalry in WWE was with Kurt.

I would have taken Cena vs Somoa Joe as well instead of having an injured Mysterio get squashed in 30 seconds. Why even have the match at that point?

I was skeptical about having the women's title match as the main event, but it delivered. I was also surprised that Orton didn't come out during Batista - HHH.

#3109 Sam Hammer, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  10. The Dark Knight

I'll be honest, I was talking with friends or went to the bathroom during that Joe match. Then I turned around and it was already over. I shrugged and moved on. Did feel bad for Mysterio though. Agreed Cena-Angle or Cena-Joe would have been better. Orton coming out for a complete Evolution reunion would have been cool, but makes more sense to just have those 3 for the story line they created.

11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

It would have been better if it was Cena-Angle, he could have came out with the old gimmick to....

The crowd didnt seem to into the triple threat match like they were int he Kofi match, it just never took off like I think a lot of people thought it would. I think personally Flair was the one carrying the match, she seemed like the work-horse out there. My other thing is, its time for HHH to pack his bags, his match was entertaining, but his match has been the longest match 8 of the last 9 Wrestlemanias. The Undertaker not being there was a good thing, and I think HHH not wrestling at WM anymore would be a good thing to.

12. The Dark Knight

The difference is Triple H delivers each year. I think he should continue to do so. Him vs. Batista was great.

13. The Dark Knight

CBG and JohnnyP123456 like this.
  14. NYJalltheway

Wasn't it amazing? I listened to it twice. Such a great interview.

DON was amazing too.

15. Faux machine

Faux machine Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched wrestling regularly in years but the AEW is too interesting, might just be the organization that drags me back in. WWE almost got me when the Dudley’s came back. Great interview, Jericho has always been one of my favorite wrestlers. His appearances on Opie and Anthony back in the day were hilarious.

#3115 Faux machine, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    The Dark Knight and Sam Hammer like this.
  16. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

The Goldberg vs Taker match was rough to watch. There was no way they were going to be able to pull off the botched ending to that mach.

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

really good listen

18. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Were they going for the slowest match of all time or something?

19. The Dark Knight

Big week for wrestling. AEW debuted, Smackdown moved to Fox and this Sunday is Hell in a Cell. I just caught up and watched both. Cool AEW was in DC. I did not know much about it, so I thought it was interesting that they did not explain the story lines very well. Just kind of threw people into it. Really good production value. I will give it a chance.

I liked Smackdown moving to Fox! Fox treated it like a sport and I actually prefer wrestling that way. Brock Lesnar winning the title made no sense, but Vince loves putting the belt on him. Made Kofi look weak. Way to squash a nice title run! Then Cain Velasquez showed up and freaked Lesnar out, making him look weak. Odd ending. I liked the production of Smackdown though. Bigger and better than ever.

20. NYJalltheway

AEW is treating it like a real sport, and WWE is trying to do the same to counter it now. AEW also has had storylines going on for a long time thru their big shows they've done, and the YouTube set of series they do.

I didn't watch smackdown yet, but I'm sure it was good. And damn me for reading this thread without watching it first.