The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Haven't seen wrestling in years, but I caught Beyond the Mat a couple days ago on Netflix. Pretty cool documentary.

2. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

[YOUTUBE]0KbC-h76akM[/YOUTUBE]

3. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wwe-wwe-superstar-john-cena-163900297.html

PARSIPPANY, N.J., Jan. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Beginning today (for a limited time), WWE Superstar John Cena and Bamm-Bamm will replace Fred Flintstone on the front of more than 8 million Post Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles cereal boxes as part of a promotional partnership between Post Foods and WWE. Pebbles Cereal, WWE and John Cena started their partnership in 2012 after WWE Superstar Dwayne "The Rock®" Johnson teased Cena about the brightly colored ring gear he wore, saying Cena looked like he was "running around like a big bowl of Fruity Pebbles." This led to fans chanting "Fruity Pebbles" in arenas whenever Cena would enter the ring.

In January 2012, Post printed more than 3 million Fruity Pebbles cereal boxes featuring Cena, including a sweepstakes to meet the WWE Superstar. Partnering with John Cena to communicate the powerful taste of Fruity Pebbles cereal resulted in the highest redeeming on pack promotion in recent Post history.

"Given the strength and fit of the two properties, we knew that the partnership would be successful since both brands share common consumer demographics," said Sharon Pupel, Director of Marketing at Post. "WWE broadcasts are largely a family viewing event with more parents watching WWE with their children than any other sports league."

Coming off the successful 2012 campaign, Post decided to build upon the partnership in 2013 with WWE and John Cena. In addition to making Cena more prominent on the packaging, which is currently on shelves, Post has developed several other marketing initiatives to be pulsed throughout the year. For example, fans can participate in a sweepstakes via the PebblesMania.com interactive gaming site to win tickets and a VIP experience to WWE's WrestleMania® 30 in 2014; all they need is the unique code found on specially marked boxes of Pebbles cereal. During the back to school window, Post will produce another 5 million packages of Pebbles cereal featuring a fun photo app where fans can create picture of themselves with Cena.

Additionally, young fans can participate in Pebbles' tailgating-like experiences at three major WWE events in 2013, starting with Royal Rumble® on January 27. Young fans will be able to jump into a ball pit designed to look like a giant bowl of Fruity Pebbles, create "Pebbles fan" posters used to cheer on their favorite WWE Superstars in the arena, and of course, sample Fruity and Cocoa Pebbles cereal.

"It's been a life-long dream to be on a cereal box and I'm proud to represent WWE as part of our partnership with Post," said WWE Superstar John Cena. "It's an incredible honor to be recognized by Post, and I'm looking forward to joining millions of families at their breakfast table across the country."

"We are excited to have a multi-year deal with Post and see the WWE and John Cena on the front of millions of Pebbles cereal boxes all across the country," said Andrew Judelson, Executive Vice President, Sales and Partnership Marketing, WWE. "At WWE, we pride ourselves on delivering family-friendly entertainment and look forward to activating our partnership with Post even further at key WWE events later this year."

"John Cena is definitely a favorite celebrity among many of our Pebbles Cereal fans," said Ms. Pupel. "We are excited that he will temporarily flex his muscle on our boxes alongside Bamm-Bamm, one of the most-loved Flintstones characters. We're looking forward to engaging with our fans in 2013 at premiere WWE events."

4. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

This.Is.Awesome

5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I really dug that. Saw that with some friends when it ran in theaters many moons ago.

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Funny seeing the Miz and Alberto Del Rio as good guys

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

God I hate Miz so much. I watched some of Raw yesterday and that reminded me why. CM Punk needs to grow his hair back!

9. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

The " Rock" concert was some good stuff last nite,,,,

#2269 CBG, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  10. Drew

Drew Active Member

I like Punk's look with the short hair.

It's amazing how week after week WWE just buries Dolph Ziggler. Has the potential to be their top guy. Loses to Cena week in and week out. It's a joke.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

So whats the best place to buy wrestlemania tickets? Im trying to get level 300 seats but at least not behind the stage and at decent prices

12. Drew

Drew Active Member

I'd try and wait it out. Tickets always get released.. For WM28 the day of on StubHub there were tickets for $8. Wait it out.

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

ok cool, ill do that then

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

If you see what you think is a good deal, then jump, but I'd definitely wait out if not.

[​IMG]

Judging by the 4 empty spots on the floor in the ring corners, I think it's safe to assume that's where the canopy supports will be. I'm in 315.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

cheapest tickets are in the 305, 304 behind the stage i think which means it blocks the view

315 is going for alot right now.

Anyways, Royal Rumble is one of my favorite events and this years looks good not to mention Rock vs CM Punk. I dont watch wrestling anymore, but cant help myself to this tonight.

I need to see who makes the main event at wrestlemania too...I gotta jump on tickets soon.

16. Drew

Drew Active Member

[​IMG]

Rock vs. John Cena 2. Twice in a lifetime.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

You mean Cena wont choose to fight Alberto Del Rio?

18. Drew

Drew Active Member

The way I see it.

Rock vs Cena.. maybe Lesnar, triple threat?

Undertaker vs. CM Punk

Dolph Ziggler vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

Maybe HHH vs. Lesnar if he doesn't get mixed in with the Rock.

19. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Gotta be the most predictable entertainment event ever..

20. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Here Comes the Pain

[YOUTUBE]sDPtQpFTMb4[/YOUTUBE]