The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I hope it's Jericho, but I hope it's old school Jericho, i.e. sequin jackets rather than suits.

One of the promos did say "Things will never {eeeeever} be the same again."

Heard speculation that it could be an NWO/Nexus type of group trying to take over as well.

2. Drew

Drew Active Member

Chris Jericho with one of the more bizarre returns I've ever seen

3. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Well everyone was right about it being Jericho, but does he feud with Punk?

4. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I feel like Miz or Ziggler would be much better, two big show stopper types vying for attention

5. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Not sure if this return was awful or brilliant. I lean towards the latter. I thought it was obvious that he'd start face. It's near impossible for a guy to come back & immediately be a heel. My guess was that he would have started face, possibly win the Rumble, & turn heel before facing off with Punk at Wrestlemania.

It was a very bizarre return though. I, and I'm sure many others pumped when we heard the music, saw the pyro & the jacket. Without saying a word, he was able to PO everyone. I didn't think it was possible to generate legit heat so fast, but he just trolled everyone. Now I wonder if rather than feuding with Punk, he becomes part of a Cena storyline, similar to the way Kane is telling Cena to embrace the hate. His return was so over the top nauseatingly Cena-esque, it would make sense.

6. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

7. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

The show is going to be on April 7th. The ring will have something over it similar to what they did in Orlando and I'm positive they will have in Miami this year...

[​IMG]

I'm pretty excited... I'm going in Miami this year and I'm definitely going to this one as well.

9. Drew

Drew Active Member

Official logo:

[​IMG]

10. grumpynyjetsfaninME

april can be a funny month if it wants to be on the east coast, one day it could be 60 and sunny, then the next day theres a noreaster that could hit.

11. NYCKNP

NYCKNP Member

There's gonna be a lot of concerns hosting WrestleMania at the Meadowlands since April can get chilly around evening time.

12. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

45 and raining?

13. Drew

Drew Active Member

Fans will come no matter what. I'm sure they can put portable heat by the ring. I don't see why this is a big deal.

14. Drew

Drew Active Member

Undertaker vs HHH at WM28 made official, Hell in a Cell! That's surprising. Can't wait. Wow.

15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Yep, WM is the only ppv I ever get, and this year I am REALLY looking forward to it. The only way to make it realistically better is to put a MITB match in.

Taker VS HHH is enough reason to buy it...HELL IN A CELL!? No cell match will ever live up to expectations because of the 98 match, but I bet we see the match of a life time. Expectations are high.

The Rock is my all time favorite so..duh...excited.

Punk and Jericho are basically tied for my #2 favorite ever, so I'm super stoked.

I love Sheamus, so I'm very glad he has a championship match.

I hear Kharma may be fighting.

WOW! I'm super excited.

16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Taker and HHH will be boring as fuck. Everything sweet you can do has already been done in a Hell in a Cell match. The only question is will UnderNeverJobber agree to snap his WM streak.

17. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

What benefit would HHH gain from 'Taker jobbing for him? 'Taker is not losing, it's just a matter of how well of a match the two can/will put on.

What's to love about Sheamus? He's a cartoon-like character. To be honest, I'm expecting an anti-Sheamus crowd at Mania.

18. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I have spent the last two weeks hoping for Santino to win a championship. I know its not gonna happen at least for a while, or ever.

Cant wait till Rock is back next week

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Nothing to gain it's simply the lure of Taker at WM he's never lost and he's been in like 25,000 matches. It's interesting to see if he'll give it up and to whom and it wouldn't be surprising to me if it was to Paul Levesque-McMahon.

If Taker ain't losing and you're waiting to see what kind of match they put on don't get too excited. A couple sledge hammers, broken door, they climb on the roof, climb back down, maybe somebody interferes, tombstone, 1-2-3. We'll see how close I am.

20. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I remember his debut, him winning the I.C. title as a fan in Italy-edition of Raw.

What could have been:

[youtube]wZMrOV22rRc[/youtube]