The Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by FITM, May 26, 2006.

1. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

wwe must have shelled out big bucks to use cult of personality.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I'm glad I wasted 2 hours skipping thru this past smackdown and raw. I wish I would have known that smackdown (like always) sucked, and that raw didn't have punk on til the last 2 minutes. (although i'm glad he came back already)..... CM Punk is no joke without a doubt the best wrestler that I have known AT LEAST since the attitude era...then it gets debatable...

3. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

I get it (using Cult of Personality as his new song) but that is just so lousy for an actual entrance. Pretty awkward.

4. IATA

IATA Trolls

lol at people who dont realise he used that in ROH for years as his entrance prior to coming to WWE.

5. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

Agreed. I feel like they should have let at least 1 PPV pass before starting a belt controversy. They should have waited just long enough to make everything seem like business as usual before having Punk show up. They could have also milked the whole tournament concept by utilizing more superstars over multiple shows.

6. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

The best news I've heard all day:

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

goes to show you, money talks.

8. Christian

Christian Active Member

I just don't understand why it took this long to happen.

9. zllehs

zllehs New Member

we have a wrestlling thread?

SWEET!

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Wow. I don't think Trips expected to get booed that badly.

11. zllehs

zllehs New Member

The wwe is at its best when I can't tell what's real or not lol

Did punk really say all that? Wow

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I only got to see the final promo. That was pretty good, except the pop Cena was getting. How does his tired schtick still have fans?

13. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

Yeah I agree Alio. Speaking of Cena, why do they have Del Rio win it if he's just going to lose it to Cena in like a week? At this rate, Cena is going to surpass Flair and his 16 time world champion record. There's a disgrace waiting to happen. Say what you will about Flair and how you might say his reputation has been tarnished somewhat lately, but Cena is NOT a Ric Flair in terms of talent. If anyone should break that record it should be anyone but Cena.

It's not even that I dislike him I just really like rooting for underdogs (CM Punk) and fantastic heels (CM Punk, Orton a while back, Miz, etc). It's so much more fun when the bad guy is holding the belt

14. NYJalltheway

They did the same thing with Christian and that storyline (all though dragged on) worked out well. Del Rio will hold it again soon. You're right though. Cena definitely is going to pass Flair. It is retarded. WWE should count total camera time days being champion. What if a champion won and didn't lose for a year? They would be the one time champion? That's Jack Swagger level.

You're right about how Orton USED TO be awesome. The Miz is nice too. I like John Morrison a lot but he needs to improve on the mic. Punk is the best but it's too acted out now. When the angle first started it was just pure gold. It was attitude era with new ingredients.

Anyway has anybody been watching TNA? I'm starting to record it for the first time in 2 years or so and would like to know how they're doing lately. WWE is trailing off for me again.

Christian where ya at lately?

15. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

TNA sucks. It's hot garbage, and all it's doing is ruining the last good memories I had of Slick Ric, and the Hulkster. Hulk should've hung them up after his match with Shawn, and the same thing can be said about Ric.

I'm still into the WWE product right now. I think R-Truth and the Miz have something interesting going on, and I'm digging the whole Triple-H/CM Punk/Kevin Nash deal. Amazing that they can get Nash off of dialysis and dust some dirt off of that old fossil and he can come back and be more interesting then 70 percent of the roster.

16. Christian

Christian Active Member

I don't remember Orton ever being even remotely close to awesome. He hasn't been interesting since evolution broke up. He was always medicore in the ring and shitty on the mic.

17. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

I think Cena has worst mic skills then Orton

18. NYJalltheway

Cena and Orton both have good mic skills but their characters are just dead. Orton as a heel was so great. I tried watching TNA last night but turned it off less than half way thru. I will finish it later probably but wow that was just boring. It was nice to see Jeff Hardy though.

Oh, and PS. Kevin Nash is the worst. He is just beyond bad. WWE needs to ditch him and this stupid angle asap.

19. Christian

Christian Active Member

Actually no, he doesn't. And what does John Cena have to do with Randy Orton?

20. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

:wink:i fhought the cody rhodes face story was the all-time worst writing until last monday's raw, i turned off the show the minute they intro'd the new g.m.

vince should spend more money on gettin good writers and cut out the weekly del rio car show. that gimmick went out with JBL. orton lately took over the evil babyface role formerly filled by the Rock. it's all over if they have steph come out with two cans of beer to replace stone cold......