The WORST part about today's game:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

You made the magic point, and it will go unnoticed

There is no FUCKING point to play Mccopter

Love the guy, but no point

Zero

Play Sam or Webb

We all know it’s a loss. Gain something from the loss. All losses are not equal.

2. Longsuffering88

I bet Bill Walsh wins more than 3 games this year

I bet Parcells wins more than 3 games

I bet Bellicheat wins more than 3 games

Yes of course NONE of them win a super bowl with this roster

But they all win more

Bowles is the biggest single disaster of about 35 other disasters

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't consider Jackson's passing stats to be considerably better than Darnold's. Also, unlike Darnold, Rosen, and Allen, Jackson has a competent team around him. The way I see it, Mayfield looks like a good QB, whereas the others may or may not be good.

4. twown

twown Well-Known Member

To be fair, I would say right now it seems probable that our coaching staff will be replaced, and it would be hard for our next hire to be worse.

So I don't know about "turn it around," because our owners haven't shown a keen eye for jackpot hires, but sheer probability suggests we'll improve at least a little.

Cman68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. Longsuffering88

And if it’s Baker, then we tip our cap.

He was not on the board when we picked so it is what it is.....

It’s those ones that we could have had that make for sleepless years

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Regression to the mean always suggests that the truly awful will get a little better, but that's just random fluctuation. We're talking about real improvement that carries over to the next year and the year after that and the year after that. There's nothing this year that provides any evidence that that will happen next year. It's all just hopes and wishes at this point. That's all I'm saying, and no one has said anything that contradicts it.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The Johnson's continue to slowly turn you towards the dark side. I'm sure I'm much older than you, but shockingly I was once positive towards the team as well. Eventually, they just break you. I know I told you jokingly, a while ago, it would happen to you as well. The cracks are showing.
    Hopefully your optimism will win out. I continue to watch every week and root every year with little to no hope.
    Until Woody sells, which will never happen while they maintain their current worth, we will continue to be an NFL punchline.

SOJAZ and The Dark Knight like this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Did our $72mil man play yesterday?

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Idk HOTJ. I would be pretty excited with Jackson right now and over the moon with Mayfield. Also, Allen has been quite interesting. Flashes of amazing talent but obviously it needs to be harnessed.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yep. Can't help it. This team definitely brings you to the dark side. I will hold out hope for 2019, but they clearly need to fix a lot.

I'm excited and over the moon for Darnold though too. He has shown a lot of promise. The last few weeks he was finally swallowed up by this terrible roster and coaching staff, but his future is the brightest of all the QB's this year. The only way that would not happen is if the Jets ruin him. (Which we know is possible)

11. The Dark Knight

At this moment, during a 5-game losing streak, with Todd Bowles at Head Coach, a terrible O-line, terrible defensive line, No weapons for Sam, terrible OC for Sam, bad free agent pick-ups like Trumaine Johnson, etc all we really have is hopes and wishes. So no one will be able to give you official word that the Jets have a plan or that they will improve for sure.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He was on the field. As to whether he played or not, that's a different measure. By my measure, no he didn't play.

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The very nature of being fan is rooted in emotion, not facts, otherwise most teams would see this year's fans migrate to next year's winners because the statistical odds of experiencing winning would be greater. So the only answer you can really get by asking why anyone believes the Jets will be better next year is based on the emotional need of hope.

14. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

The difference between hope and optimism is that optimism involves confidence that the future will be better. I fully understand that being a fan usually involves being hopeful; I've been a Jets and Mets fan for roughly 55 years. I'm hopeful about the future too. I've seen nothing so far this year that makes me optimistic about it, or makes me believe that it will be better. To me that's not being hopeful; that's almost being delusional.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am really torn here actually because when you have one foot out the door ready to give up rooting after 50 years...... something, some irrational feeling just pulls you back in..its like a job incomplete, unfinished business, wait it can be fixed etc...smh 8xs

You are really right ..getting Bowles out and keeping MM gives us no reason to hope and no evidence to support anything..we draft and pay for players that are just questionable

The problem is poor ownership.. who hire incompetent management..it just goes round and round like the barrel of a cement truck

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

It all comes down to putting players in the right situation to succeed. Browns know what they want to do on offense. If anything, Darnold probably will get an 'INC' grade from me his rookie year. Also, Mayfield and the Browns have played some pretty crappy secondaries the past 4 of out 5 weeks. That will give the rookie QB plenty of confidence. Felt like for Darnold, he never had a chance to really breath outside of the Colts game. The coaching sure as hell hasn't helped, as evident by the fact that they haven't scored 2 or more TDs in like 4 weeks.

The thing I like about Darnold, I know he will put the work in without the help of the CS. He fixed his fumbling issue during the off-season, fixed his release. Hopefully we get a coach in here that will understand what it's like to run an offense in today's game.

17. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The worst thing about today's game. Is this a trick question?

18. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

3 teams 2/9 and 3 teams 3/8 fingers crossed we are in with a shout for the number 1 pick ;)

19. The Dark Knight

Yeah, plenty of options to choose from! :D Losing faith in your team was the worst to me. It should never be that way. Feeling you have no chance in a Week 12 home game, tied 13-13 in the 3rd Q, is pretty sad. Then your team confirms your lack of faith by completely folding. Even sadder.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

your post got me thinking. If Browns take Sam with the first pick, I wonder who we take with the 3rd? Mayfield? Or would Macc think Mayfield is too small and take Josh Allen instead? Tha't be our luck!