The Ukrainian situation

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Feb 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Okay, so that's a serious concern, but let me ask you this, who is better positioned to wait it out, the western europeans starving for the energy or the Russians starving for hard currency the energy provides? I mean, how much nat gas can they move to China?

2. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

US embassy trolls Russia with meme after Putin's revisionist history rant on why Ukraine is not a real country

[​IMG]

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

At this point, all advantage to Russia. Europe doesn't have a back up plan to Russian gas. Russia isn't dependent on money they make out of Europe for gas. And they can sell their surplus gas to China as easily.

Europe will be impacted the most with this. USA will be impacted positively.

Like I said before, this isn't about Russia at all. It has to do with how US plans to contain China in the mid to long term. To cut Europe's dependence on Russian gas USA (With Trump's efforts to be honest) made UAE, Saudi Arabia and Israle allies. USA than added Egypt, Greece and Cyprus to equation for steady energy supply from Middle East and Mediterranean to Europe. This is still a year or two away. Once Europe's energy dependence on Russia is cut, US will turn its attention to China with the support of Europe.

Currently USA, England, Canada and Autralia are allies against China.

Germany didn't endorse this and France openly criticized. With Russia's aggression, Germany had to cancel the gas line project which is worth over 10 bllion Euros and was going to make Germany more dependent on Russian gas.

France and Macron learned hard way not to go to dance without US support.

Like I said many times. USA will win, Russia will win. Europe will lose and China is still pending.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful sentiment.... did you come up with that yourself?

Talk about propaganda...

5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's early this year. The raputia has already begun.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If we're not the police somebody else will be.

Who do you want that to be?

Leave out the UN which is completely deadlocked due to the Security Council.

Who exactly do you want to be calling the shots in international affairs?

If the answer is the US then world police it is.

7. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Interesting question. I'd bet no, but if UEFA were going to move it, now would be the time, and that might just piss off Vladimir Putin as much as any tough talk or sanction would.

8. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Ohhh, so Ukraine isn't an imperfect, fledgling democracy and Russia isn't a brutal dictatorship!!! How could I have gotten this so wrong???

#128 joelip, Feb 22, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
    BrowningNagle and barfolomew like this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I hope you’re right but Europe doesn’t often lose in these types of situations. They just go to the best suitor for their own needs, western world and democracy be damned. There’s a reason why they’ve allowed China to dominate the supply of vital equipment (see puff piece via CNN on China saving Italy with ventilators! in the summer of 2020) and Russian gas dominating the European flow.

The only way Europe loses is if China & Russian invade. Otherwise they’ll just be prisoners to the two nations via trade rather than actual prisoners.

10. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I've been thinking about this a lot these last few days. I know that in Europe and America there's a growing feeling of hysteria, conditioned to respond to all the threats, same as in all the rhetorical speeches of the Soviets. Like when Mr. Krushchev said, "We will bury you". I don't subscribe to this point of view. It'd be such an ignorant thing to do if the Russians love their children too. There is no monopoly on common sense on either side of the political fence. We share the same biology, regardless of ideology. Believe me when I say to you - I hope the Russians love their children too.

There is no historical precedent to put words in the mouth of the president. There's no such thing as a winnable war. Frankly, that's just a lie we don't believe anymore. So, this is like in the mid-1980's when Mr. Reagan said, "We will protect you". I don't subscribe to this point of view. At the risk of repeating myself, believe me when I say to you - I hope the Russians love their children too, because we share the same biology, regardless of ideology. But what might save us all - me and you - Is if the Russians love their children too

Brook!, MoWilkBeast and Dierking like this.
  11. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Germany can restart its nuclear reactors, luckily for them their new government has been pushing green energy already. France can help make up the gap by outputting reactors.

Brook! likes this.
  12. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I totally agree that there is no such thing as a winnable war, and I have no doubt that the great majority of Russians are fine people who love their children. Hell, I'm sure I'd like to meet and hang out with most of them. The thing is, I'm pretty sure that most of the citizens of 1930's Germany were also fine people who loved their children. Circumstances were such that a vicious bully took over their government and convinced or coerced most of the citizenry to at least passively support him. This resulted in a no-win choice for the other nations of the world: either let him tyrannize, oppress, and murder millions of people and try to get along with him or take the other no-win choice of seeking to stop him.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

acad is just a troll bro. Anyone who thinks for themselves knows Russia has issues

14. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Holy shit this sounds like modern day leftist wing in the USA with Biden in place of Hitler. People who don't agree with leftist policy in the role of jews. Is this what you were getting at?

15. BrowningNagle

that’s a little unfair about the Russian gas, hell if they had natural gas reserves in Europe, I’m sure they’d be happy to control it. They have to use Russian gas because they don’t have any

16. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Shut thr fuck up

17. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I'm sure people who don't agree with Biden's policies feel oppressed, doubtless with some reason. I think it's a little bit of a stretch to compare Biden to Hitler, though.

barfolomew and IDFjet like this.
  18. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a study one time that suggested Jets fans were particularly well educated as a fanbase?

What happened?

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  19. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I don't know why, I just think there's a sting in this tale somewhere.

Sundayjack likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

shut thr fuck up

:D

barfolomew and Sundayjack like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.