The Ukrainian situation

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Feb 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Jesus, it’s been two fucking days. They’ve deployed maybe a third of their available troops. It’s a little premature to be dancing all over the Russians graves just yet.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I agree. Morale is also part of it; the Ukrainians are fighting to defend their homes, whereas I'd imagine a lot of the Russian soldiers don't want to be there. My concern is that Putin realizes he can't win like he thought he would and decides to ramp it up rather than look weak.

REVISion likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah the question is if he presses the big red button to flatten Ukrainian cities if it doesn’t go as planned.

Good point, but Russia doesn’t want to deploy more forces than what they surrounded the country with. The deeper they dig into their forces at home, the worse it is for them. They outnumbered Ukraine almost 4-1 in total military forces. But Ukraine is fighting for their homes and Russia is fighting for the lowly 2004 WWF Hardcore Championship belt.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

What real toughness looks like and not fake macho shit. This guy was a comedian and it turns out he has the biggest balls out of all the world leaders.

REVISion, Ralebird, JetBlue and 3 others like this.
  5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

6. Dierking

Russia had 190000 troops massed around Ukraine. It’s deployed about a third of them so far. They’re not losing this one, regardless of the badass twitter videos.

7. HomeoftheJets

I'm sure Putin's capable of taking Ukraine. But he's not going to have a fun time holding it.

Cman68, papapump and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

I get your point, but I will say this - the longer the war goes, the lesser chance Russia has of winning the war in the long run. They can take Ukraine over in a years time, but ten years from now, will they have won?

Look at what happened with the US in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Granted we *technically* weren’t on a conquest mission, but we lost both wars because long term occupation is a nightmare for even the biggest countries in the world.

The Russian conquest of Chechnya lasted ten years and that’s a smaller country with a population that’s 1/45th of Ukraine’s.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Summed it up in two sentences better than I could.

10. Dierking

No doubt. I’m pretty sure his strategy isn’t a full on occupation though. Install a friendly puppet dictator, throw all the opposition into some gulag and call it a day.

11. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

It's different. Chechnya is like a smaller Afghanistan. Ukraine, on the other hand, is in the same Slavic group. Their language is very similar, as well as their culture. Putin won't be facing same level of guerilla warfare as in Chechnya. If he decides to occupy Western Ukraine, however, then it's a different matter.

12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

13. Jonathan_Vilma

My next car is 100% going to be electric. I figure it’ll be two years down the line when the infrastructure to charge is a bit better and the technology improves in the cold.

I thought the Mustang Mach-E looked fucking stupid when it first came out. But someone in my building at work drives one and it’s pretty sharp looking. Ford also accepting a government loan but no free bailout money like the other US auto manufacturers in 2008 so I’m excited to possibly buy from them.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Took a teast drive in a Mercedes E63s yesterday... 603hp.... all wheel drive... yowsa.
    I fell in love with it...

But I've heard and read really good things about the Mach-E... and there will be even more options out there in two years...
    If China lets us have some chips & batteries... :confused:

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You bet it's a serious question. The United States will always be part of a world market for petroleum products; global supply and demand will always be a part of market pricing. Again, just tell us how the price I paid for filling my tank would be different if a different administration was in place today. Explain how it would insulate the US alone from all those factors that create market pricing.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness Russia didn't invade Australia...

[​IMG]

18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

You are in denial.

It is relevant. Putin didn't do anything during Trumps term because Trump was putting pressure on NATO.

Does Putin want to restore the Soviet Union for the hell of it? No he probably wants to restore the Soviet Union as a defense to NATO, which was created as a defense to the Soviet Union, NOT Russia...........yet it still exists decades after the Soviet Union fell.

DetroitRed likes this.
  19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

If Trump was President and wasn't bombing Russia at this point into this "war", the left would already have opened an investigation to find out how much Trump was paid by Putin to sit on his hands and knees the way Biden is right now.

Lets be real.

bicketybam and DetroitRed like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

The US offered to help evacuate Zelensky out of Kyiv and he denied that. Whatever happens with this war and even if they lose, this guy has the largest nutsack in the modern world.

REVISion, FJF and DetroitRed like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.