The Ukrainian situation

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Feb 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

I apologize for the snideness. I do have difficulty tolerating correlation equals causation arguments (i.e., Russia did not attack Ukraine while Trump was in office; therefore, Trump's behavior must have stopped them).

Ralebird likes this.
  2. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

I mean , he was a Russian agent. Guess Putin was just covering for him. Good thing he didn’t invade under Obama…….. oh wait what?

3. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

We can all think he did or didn’t because of it, but the fact remains that he didn’t.

REVISion likes this.
  4. DetroitRed

I heard a great analogy this morning when sometime was blaming Biden for Putin invading. It pushed back on that notion and I completely agree.

Putin is like that miscreant kid who knows his place when the strong teacher is present, but acts up when the substitute teacher is around. So no, Biden is not to blame, but he is absolutely is the god damn substitute teacher

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t care. I’m not offended by it, it’s par for the course in internet discussions. But don’t bitch about it and then do it and then justify why you did it like you just did.

6. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

What's your point? One logical hypothesis is that Putin did his best to make the stooge that he could manipulate look good so that the stooge could (unwittingly?) make things easier for Putin; Conversely, Putin had no such motivation with the two bracketing presidents he could not manipulate.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I do know the Atlantic City nightmare very well. Lots of hard working people got stiffed by the bastard. Karma does come around though.

8. DetroitRed

I feel like i am reading Clapper. Yes, this makes perfect sense. Do nothing , when I can absolutely do whatever i want. Pass that shit over here

#468 DetroitRed, Feb 25, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
  9. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Explanation is not necessarily justification. I react to some things, and the way I express myself at such times may be offensive to others. Sometimes I want to explain where my reaction comes from. It doesn't mean that the way I express myself is right.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What the fuck was Biden thinking when he repeatedly asked the Chinese to call off the Russian invasion.

It not only was militarily dumb... it made him look like a fool when China said no and gave Putin our intel.
    He's held power at the highest level of government and he can't tie his own shoes without farting.

I've said it here before... this administration is reactive... always caught unaware by events and late in taking action.
    Constantly blaming the previous administration when shit goes south.

It's a shit show... and all some can do is argue "well at least he's not Trump!"
    One year into his presidency and things are bad and getting worse... potentially far worse.

I'm fucking tired of it all and not above saying "I told you so...".
    I didn't vote for this fuck-stick and I didn't vote for the previous one.

Corrupt compromised politicians never get my vote... if they got yours then you're partially to blame.

*whew*... glad I got that off my chest. How's your day going?

dawinner127, FJF, REVISion and 2 others like this.
  11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

It will be interesting when Putin can no longer hide the amount of body bags coming back to Russia. He will deny, but the truth will come out.

Fuck Putin!

Acad23 likes this.
  12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

This Thread is hostage to the Biden Haters.... when exactly Putin decided to take over the sovereign Ukraine while Trump was in office or not is just a dumb discussion

The nut Putin has said for decades he wants the Russian Empire restored and now we see it unfolding

OTOH Biden has in fact united the West and NATO to be stronger than ever

Cman68 and papapump like this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

“fuck stick” is a criminally underrated pejorative.

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well thats funny because fracking is at an all time high right now.

you guys will believe anything politicians tell you. Its scary. Think a little for yourself - when the prices are high (and they are) they drill more.

15. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

They are saying that Russian military will supposedly start assault on Kiev tonight. It's going to be a big bloody mess if they launch a full scale attack, reminiscent of Grozny.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Putin didnt have to. He had our country in the palm of his hands. All the trailer park idiots were lining up to vote for his hand picked, preferred president

things changed so he changed his strategy

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

not sure if the below is true but I hope it is.

papapump and Acad23 like this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, if trump said get one your knees you'd be on the floor before he finished his sentence.

All you do is praise him like a school girl with the feels and bitch about bias... The latter being as ironic as you can get.

papapump likes this.
  19. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

There's an unconfirmed report that a Russian IL-76 carrying either regular VDV paratroopers or special forces was shot down over Ukraine.

papapump likes this.
  20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

What I am saying is that Trump wanted to expand fracking and Biden wants to reduce it. If we expanded it we could make the EU less reliant on Russian oil and thus more amenable to taking a hardline approach when sanctioning Russia.

As it is these sanctions are hardly doing anything because half of our allies in the EU don't want them to be too severe because they rely on Russia for oil. Which goes back to the point we were talking about before when Trump said this was a smart move on Putin's part because he's essentially taking over a country with little downside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.