The time is right for McNabb

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JUNJOBX2199, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I would take mcnabb on my team any day of the week. The only issue would be the transition to a new offense.

2. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Perfect fit! We never get to any big games!:lol:

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

if you are going to start an asinine wishful thinking thread about a player on another team, under contract, and who isn't going anywhere, why would you advocate going McNabb instead of someone like Drew Brees or Phillip Rivers?

sure, I'd take McNabb in a heartbeat. but what's the point of even bothering with that idea? oh, I forgot, the Eagle fans lit his lawn on fire in Philly.

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

So far the Jets should go after Cassel, McNabb, TO, Suggs, Scott, McCallister, Peppers......and the beat goes on.

5. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

it's also the same mcnabb who brought his team the the nfc championship against teams like the giants and the vikings...i'd take him in a heartbeat

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

For the sake of argument, I'd take McNabb in a second, he's still a good QB, much better than anything we have now, including Favre. Probably too much $$$ though. Its really an imaginary scenario unless he gets kicked off the team or asks to get out of Philly on his own, which will never happen.

Assuming Favre retires, do you think we should:

1. Let our current backups fight it out for starting QB, saving money in the process.

2. Try to find a FA veteran QB in the twilight of his career to just buy us another year until a better crop of QB's are available in the draft (2010), hoping we pick the one that will turn out to be the future of the Jets.

3. Sign a lower quality veteran QB for shit money and let him fight it out with the backups just to add competition for the starting spot, hoping our new defense can score enough points to keep the games close.

I'd go with option 3, because I just don't think our current backups are even good backup options, more like emergency options- maybe I'm missing something. I doubt we'd find a veteran good enough to come in and undoubtedly take the starting job like Favre did, without spending craploads of $$$$ we don't have. I wouldn't mind Kerry Collins for a year or 2, but looks like he's sticking with Tennessee. He'd be a great QB to keep you in the game, just what the Jets need. Not likely to win the game for you, but wouldn't lose it for you either. All this is out the window if Favre is back for another year. I honestly have no idea what they do if Favre retires. Whatever they do, I'll be watching anyway.

#46 bojanglesman, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Let the current backups battle it out.

If Ryan is true to his word, he plans on pounding the ball on the ground. So just let the QB hand it off, don't make too many mistakes, don't turn the ball over.

8. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Too much work to bring in a Veteran QB to relearn the system all over again, unless it was done RIGHT NOW. Personally I think its time to hand it over to Clemens or Ratliff.

9. tom spicer

tom spicer New Member

Thunderbirdjet you are an idiot Deion Sander said McNabb wants out of Philly he said he spoke to McNabb & that is what he said the thread is about trading for him everyone knows he is not going to get cut & everyone knows he is under contract

10. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Jesus fucking Christ, first of all, McNabb is not coming here.
    Second: McNabb is not coming here.
    Third: McNabb? Still not coming here.

11. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Since we're all dreaming, my vote is for Jesus Christ to be our QB.
    Seems we've been calling for him, for years!

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

[​IMG]

13. jetfan2k3

jetfan2k3 Member

Brien O'Ken who is the girl in ur avatar??

14. Long Time Jet Fan

Long Time Jet Fan New Member

Yes, I say the Jets should give up three first round picks and get McNabb! Get it done!

15. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

more pics:
    Connie Gohtshlong

17. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

LMAO! You type this little debacle and call ME an idiot? :lol:

Correction: This (not 'the') thread is about silly fans who think the NFL is like playing Madden. Now go back to your Play Station.

18. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

I say we go after Tom Brady. If you are going to dream...dream big. He already has an apartment in Manhattan.

19. Gunther

Gunther Member

McNabb has done more than Rivers and Brees. Why would they be better?
    McNabb has the better numbers of the three.

20. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

You knew that lol. Who gives a shit about wheter or not he knows the tie game rule. It's a shit rule anyway, ties are meant for Canadian and European sports like soccer, hockey, and other gay shit. McNabb has a gun and he is mobile, I am down for a McNabb pick up. Only fear is he was built on a Philly system, which is not our NYJ 5 yard dump rely on the ball carrier. Wish we could bring someone new up.

Have the Jets ever drafted a franchise qb? I am a mid 90's fan and fuzzy on earlier Jet history....Pennington that's it.