The Tannenbaum Thread (likely to "be relieved" Monday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Dec 24, 2012.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we lost the top 3 projected weapons in the pass game, name me a team that can overcome that? It wasn't JUST Holmes or JUST Keller, it was both plus hill for a good chunk of the year. Again, for the bulk of the year our weapons in the pass game were:

Kerley
    Schilens
    Gates
    Cumberland
    Reuland

Let that sink in and we'll understand why our QBa nd O were so bad this year. Does Tannenbaum take a hit? of course but not enough where he should lose his job. You can't have enough depth to overcome losing the projected top 3 weapons in your pass game.

2. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

Just curious where you came up with this 10% number? When a team has a terrible season and brings in a new GM it's almost a guarantee that the head coach is looking for work too.

3. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

WOW....

People just don't get that Tannenbaum is not and should never have been a GM....

You can't talk about Team consistency when you sit here with an accountant with no scouting and talent evaluation back ground pretending to be an NFL GM.

This team Need a real GM - If Rex gets thrown out with the bath water then SO FREAKING BE IT - Rex also has been horrible in analyzing talent on this team...

I'm fine with a new GM coming in and deciding to keep Rex Ryan...

I'm not fine with this Ass-Clown masquerading as a Talent evaluator.

#63 Jet Blue, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  4. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

The GM would set the parameters. MT would just negotiate the deal. For example, MT wouldn't have signed an extension to Sanchez or resigned Holmes, without the GM's direction.

5. nyjunc

actually he was loved in Pitt by his teammates. They got rid of him b/c he had off field issues as did the QB and they weren't getting rid of the QB plus they had excellent young WRs ready to step up.

we didn't lose either title game b/c of the play of our QB.

6. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

Finally

Someone with some common sense

7. nyjunc

he doesn't make all the decisions, it's not just Mike that is picking every player. if it was I may agree w/ you but we've had mostly good drafts and have done well in FA. Brought in enough talent to make 3 postseasons despite always playing for 2nd playing in a division w/ the Pats and since 2008 we have more playoff wins than the Pats.

8. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

But the Patriots made it to a Superbowl while we imploded in Miami. Playoff wins are a really meaningless stat in the big picture.

9. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

The fact that we had those players to turn to after injuries speaks volumes on the failure of our glorified bean counter. Now do I expect back up pro bowlers? Of course not, but get players who can contribute when injuries happen because they always do. Everyone has injuries and move forward. We use them as a crutch

10. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

The Head Coach has a large say in the team that takes the field, the fact that under Rex our offense has deteriorated while the defense stayed strong isn't a mystery. We need an offensive guy like Norv Turner to help Rex and Tanny with offensive personnel decisions. The Tangini era produced a playoff caliber team with many pro-bowlers, the Tex era not so much. It's because Rex doesn't know shit about the offense.

If we just fire the coach, GM, and QB every three years we'll never have success, the teams that find success in this league are the teams that find stability at HC and QB.

11. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

Amen. Get to the SB. Some Jet fans set the bar way too low

12. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

i don think that Tannenbaum knew the sanchez contract was - at best - a reach. but he thought it had to be done to 'set the tone' and keep sanchez from feeling like a lame duck. it turned out to be a horrible move and should never have been done. thus i'd like to see tannenbaum fired or demoted. but i also think the guy knew he was taking a risk...a hail mary, so to speak.

13. namath4ever

namath4ever Member

I agree Rex will and should stay but if he isn't willing to make huge changes on offense like hiring someone like Norv and fire sunglasses then he can hit the door as well

14. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

No Tanny also gets horrible grades IMO for:

1) The Sanchez deal when none was needed
    2) The Santonio Holmes deal - That was pretty irrational and a desperate GM move -
    3) Very mediocre Drafts
    4) WHIFFING on Sanchez
    5) 2 years in a row with mediocre RT talent and overall lack of OL depth - Lucky we never lost Mangold or anyone else for extended time meanwhile good teams like the Pats Plug and play on the OL all year - with DEPTH. We lose Mangold and it's ALL OVER.
    6) Cap is just a fiasco right now - It's one thing to be considered a "Cap Guru" on a mediocre team that lacks overal talent - now try to manage the cap on a really good team with talent - That's why the Pats can lose good players and not skip a beat - They know when to fold em and let a player walk b/c they also can EVALUATE TALENT and know when and where they can find adequate replacements
    7) Tebow fiasco
    8) Guy drafted like 5 crappy RB's and wastes picks to get them...lol fool.

I'm not here to debate - I've seen and been a part of junc silly debates - I'm just Laying down the FACTS.

And the Fact is any real analyst that I respect out there acknowledges the LACK OF TALENT on this team - No way am I going to sit here and watch junc rationalize it and pretend talent here is any better than it is....

Holes at S (after Landry walks) CB (keeping both? Wilson Blows - great pick - better than Haden right Rex???)
    RT, OG, QB, RB, WR, TE, OLBx2.......

With so many holes how the hell can the cap be in shambles when we have a Cap Guru...

Oh yeah. HE SUCKS!!

Merry Christmas.

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

WEAK... We all know the Pats didn't need to play as many Playoff games. Don't play games.

And forget about the Pats - the Talent ON THIS TEAM BLOWS!!!!

And forget about him not calling all the shots - FIRE EVERYONE CALLING THE SHOTS THEN BECAUSE THEY ALL HAVE TALENT EVAL ISSUES!!!!

16. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

good riddence

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

YES !!! 1000 Times YES !!! Firing people every time you have a down season is the recipe for failure in the NFL. Your entire organization is consumed with short term thinking and people preparing to be fired. If you have a Kotite of course you axe him. But to just do so endlessly as an organization is absolutely moronic. NYJ = Good D and a mess on offense which needs to be fixed. Firing the GM/HC will not fix the O and will likely weaken the D - it would just be more symbolic BS from woody cynically designed to appease the insane fans who immediately want people to be fired every time there is a down season.

18. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

So you think Tannenbaum has done well in all facets of his job? Including contracts?

19. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

I'm really on the fence about MT with my biggest issue being the Sanchez contract and the Tebow signing. It appears that the latter will work itself out; however, the Sanchez situation is much more difficult.

From all indications, it appears that both the Jets organization and Sanchez are thinking about parting ways. Both must know that the only way this can happen is if Sanchez takes back the ridiculously favorable contract that MT gave him. Should MT work an absolute MIRACLE and the organization be freed of Sanchez without losing too much cap space, MT would be deserving of another shot.

That being said, I agree with Junc's point that something needs to shift -- whether it's bringing more/different "football" guys or changing the decision making process.

20. PaPZ187

PaPZ187 Member

"Who's traded for him (Holmes)? That's one smart Son of a Bitch!"

I wanna know who is the guy that is going to fire Tannenbaum? He is even a smarter Son of a Bitch!

Sent from my LG-P999