The Tannenbaum Thread (likely to "be relieved" Monday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Dec 24, 2012.

1. lakersmetsjets49ers

Sad but I agree.

If Tanny goes most likely the gm will be a yes man for woody.

2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

Forget that...If Woody throws $$$, anyone would come...

3. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

After some research, I have found out that Scott Fitterer is running the college scouting for the Seahawks. This dude has to be a serious candidate for many GM jobs around the league. Their draft's have been nothing short of amazing the last few years.

Just take a look at this year's draft and you get all you need to know. They have a 6th round pick who started at CB last night against San Francisco and he did a great job. They drafted a 7th rounder at DE, and now he starts at guard. Obviously, they had the steal of the draft getting Russell Wilson in the 3rd round. Bobby Wagner was picked in the 2nd round, now he is one of the best linebackers in the NFL. Not just best young LB's, this guy is legit. He is already one of the best at his position in the league.

Clearly, whoever is running the draft for Seattle has an absurd eye for talent. I assume the GM has the final say on draft picks, but this Scott Fitterer is the leader of college scouting for probably the best talent evaluating franchise in the NFL.

This would be the first guy that I would look at.

4. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

That would really be epic, and not entirely shocking considering the circus of late.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Imagine Woody brings in Donald Trump to be the GM

6. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Hey, at least Trump wouldn't have a problem telling Sparano and Nacho to GTFO.

7. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

To get a more effective GM, Woody can replace Tanny with a retar--uh,...'mind challenged' chimp with a lobotomy. I can't imagine who would want this GM job with the Jets, but Woody may have to pay top dollar for someone who has the connections to result in a fast turnaround.

8. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Finally someone thinking outside the box. Sign me up for this. Hire trump as a special consultant. Trump will fire everyone who needs to be fired! :)

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. Okay. Whiny fans, junc? Jesus Christ.

2. The depletion of talent is evident - as you staunchly defend every member on offense and defense. And who is responsible for that? Isn't that Tannenbaum?

3. All in all, how does this franchise hold people accountable? Rex Ryan has held on his end of the bargain on the defensive side of the ball, but that's the description of the DC, not a HC. As an HC, his team didn't do well for two years now.

Scouting has been one shitstorm after another regardless of who the head coach was.

And then there is a GM who is, at the core, a bean counter more or less.

What is YOUR way of dealing with failure then, junc? Give them more years? Can you tell me where that is acceptable other than Jetsland?

#249 Zach, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So the Jets collapse in 2005 because not enough talent was found and retained from 2001 to 2005. Woody keeps Terry Bradway on in the talent finding department.

The Jets have multiple down years in 2011 and 2012 and the cap situation looks grim moving forward. Woody keeps Mike Tannenbaum on in the cap department?

At some point you have to decide that the preponderance of the evidence suggests that the methods you are using are creating the results that you get. I think the results suggest that keeping semi-functional parts of the front office and back office around for the sake of continuity is not a winning strategy although it occasionally produces an up season or two.

It's a scary thing to actually wipe the slate clean and start over. It's scarier though to go .500 over a long period of time when you are competing against two organizations, one in your division and one in the same market, that go to Super Bowls with some regularity.

Blow it up Woody. You won't get where you want to go until you do that.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it amazes me that bradway is still around...

i would say its all rumors and there is no way in hell that woody is pitching to guys a player personnel director job with tannenbaum still doing the bean counting. but then again we have seen it before. fucking hot mess shame at this point to even think about.

i am very scared that we will go into next season with tannenbaum still here, rex still here and sanchez still here.

12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

That really would be an f'in travesty if that were to happen and the height of arrogance and ignorance by woody.

13. ScottFrost

ScottFrost Member

"he's a good cap/finance guy.."...Give me a f'in break, if he's so good, how do we get stuck with Bart Scott & Sanchez, because of the ridiculous contracts this guru gave them...

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Scott's contract is fine, it was designed to cut bait with him after this season.

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

The Schedule for next year is ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL - and before I get 25 geeks trying to tell me you can't tell now what those teams will be like - Beat it.

BLOW IT UP!!!!!

That's relative in todays game but, to me it means:

1) SEE YA REVIS - The Revis camp is always going to want more money - every offseason with him and the NY media is a freaking game... End it - The Pats sign guys like Gronk just happy to be there and get a good deal - Revis Camp isn't worth it - too many holes and the D isn't even the problem

2) EAT SANCHEZ MONEY - Just go Mark.. GO. I see so many jackals parrroting the phrase "The Jets MUST have Sanchez nest year b/c his contract is too high" REALLY???????
    What's the difference between paying him to sit on the bench and be a weekly media firestorm or sitting at home or some other bench? EAT THE MONEY and move on - Sing the cheapest decent QB you can find unless you can pinpoint one in this draft - I'd take GENO if he's attainable. Heck you probably need to do both.

3) Dump all the aging Vets and let the Kids play...

Combine those things with next years schedule and maybe you set the team up to get the franchise QB - Maybe Johnny Football....

You need the Stud HOF bound QB to be a consistent winner in this league regardless of anything else - Coach, GM, roster... You see INDY and WASH win in 1 year WITH A QB!!!

This franchise is always happier to spin it's weheel around .500 than REALLY building a winner...even Miami stripped down this year, and has positioned themselves to have a lean Cap.

#255 Jet Blue, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

We could've cut him a year ago if Tannenbaum didn't guarantee his 2012 money to chase Asomugha.

17. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He played fine this year when he was in the game.

18. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Tanny and Sparano going are huge

As for the team - Sanchez stays if Norv Turner is coming on as OC. You have Holmes, Kerley, Hill and I bring back Edwards at the vet minimum. He has shown in two weeks more than any other receivers has in the last 10.

Let Sanchez compete against a rookie and another veteran that has started in the league. If you cut Sanchez you have the cab hit and you would have to bring in another QB to fill his spot. They don't have enough cap space to back fill 3 QB spots plus actual starters needed. Norv has produced everyone he has managed the offense and giving Sanchez a shot with a guy that got Alex Smith playing good ball is fine with me.

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

He is far to sloooooooooooooooooooooow IMHO :sad:

20. JET'S_my_name

JET'S_my_name Banned

I don't understand why they want to replace him as GM yet keep him on in a cap role. I would think a new GM would want his own guys.