The state of the Franchise, and my fandom...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rohirrim665, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I was really looking forward to seeing Q and Mosley pushing the pile into Bakers face. Now that he and Mosley are out Baker may well have a bounce back game. Hopefully some one else steps up and Greg Williams has a plan to get into Baker's head.

rohirrim665 likes this.
  2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO Mosley is the real big loss Qwilliams less so :mad:

rohirrim665 likes this.
  3. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’s amazing how many people expected the stench to wash off of this team in one offseason.

Ralebird likes this.
  4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Indeed. CJ will be severely missed. Q out and the massively under achieving DL selected by Mac is out on suspension. It is a terrible combination of screw ups, injuries and illnesses. It is hard to phantom such a sequence of incompetence, poor judgement, and plain out unfortunate events.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

No shit! :mad:

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Chase Winovich > Quinnen Williams. :mad:

Jetsfansince95 likes this.
  7. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I was expecting to finally be playing some meaningful games in December maybe just out of pure boredom. Watching this team under Bowles was like watching paint dry and out of desperation I was hoping we'd at least be a watchable team.

8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

When you repeat the same patterns, year after year, you see the definition of insanity. Insanity = Same Ole' Jets

JeTsInTexas and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

An argument can be made that we are not repeating the same patterns as previous years.

Hiring a Head Coach with an offensive background, was not the same ol' Jets.
    The Joe Douglas hire was not the same ol' Jets.
    Sam Darnold is not the same ol' Jets QB dilemma.

There are moves that show some light at the end of the tunnel. Yes, the outcome was disappointing in week 1, but the current state of this franchise does not have that same ol' Jets stench we have become immune to. Things do feel different than years past

jilozzo likes this.
  10. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Jury is still out - that light at tunnels end could be another oncoming train about to enter jets station.

11. Falco21

Yeah it could be, but that so called "oncoming train" would just be beating a dead horse.

The good news is, that light could still be an actual light at the end of a dark tunnel. I like to think we are on an upward trend out of this long mess we've been stuck in.

12. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

34 years of following the Jets and the toll is starting to get to me. Closest I've been to not being emotionally vested. The last 8, 9 years have been uncompetitive messes. Mistakes continually at hiring the GM, the GM picking the wrong guys when the fans know who is a better pick and ineffective coaches who are given talentless teams so they look awful. Hopefully soon this team can get rid of the curse. Hopefully Douglas is the right hire and this offseason we see a change in our depth and can actually build a contender. I'm starting to doubt it.

13. Falco21

I understand your frustration, I think we all feel the same, at least those of us who have been fans for a long time.

But you mentioned at the end of this, "I'm starting to doubt it".

Where did you come to this conclusion from?

We have played one game in which our offensive line played for the first time as one unit the entire year. We lost our starting middle linebacker and playcaller of the defense. Our starting TE is serving his 4 game suspension. Our running back touched a football during a live game for the first time in over 600 days. And now we know our starting QB was playing with mono.

Yet still, with a competent kicker, we should have won that game.

Curious on what, so far, has led you to doubt we are moving in the right direction

14. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I'm doubting this year and especially this week. Starting qb not playing. Missing the captain and play caller on the defense. I like Ficken but still don't trust the kicker. Down a receiver. Have another guy coming in with a bad hamstring. Our corners are bad and we can't rush the passer. We'll play better but lot of adversity to overcome and I just don't trust the coach to overcome it. He's 0-4 in his last 4. We'll see tonight and I hope I am wrong.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. cval

cval Well-Known Member

What makes it harder is we expected to see the growth of Sam even if we lost a few games. Then we get the gut shot that he is out because of Mono.

16. Falco21

All valid points to doubt a win tonight.

I guess my response was under the presumption that your comment was focused on the franchise as a whole and not repeating mistakes in years past, which is how you began your response.

17. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

The franchise as a whole the jury is out. Douglas seems like the right hire. I hope so and I hope through the draft he can build the depth we need and haven't had in a long time and the reason we find ourselves here. Gase I'm not sold on. I need to see how the season plays out. Last week was rough. Bills are a better team than people think. The kicking situation really hurt us. Who is to blame for that? Gase Douglas both. Darnold's game last week wasn't good but I think the mono had alot to do with it. It'll be hard to grade Gase now because we needed to see improvement from Darnold to grade him. Without Darnold neither one can show improvement.

I guess my bigger issues is really at the top with ownership. I'm fearing we are becoming the Redskins. They keep hiring the wrong guys and don't run a good football operation. That's where my doubt is coming from and fear they'll prevent us from ever being good. Again hopefully I'm wrong and Douglas can right the ship.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I've got way too many Jets shirts and hats to quit now...

19. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Until results change it's "same ol' Jets."

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The new Stealth Black uniforms are sure to turn things around!

[​IMG]
    NY Jets defensive end Leonard Williams double teamed by air.

HomeoftheJets and Peebag like this.