The state of the Franchise, and my fandom...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rohirrim665, Sep 11, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

10 wins in 2020 will be quite the achievement because our schedule will be brutal.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Except Charlie Brown never claimed to be smarter than the rest of us.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Today I like the guy just a tiny bit more.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Wow ..it’s nice to vent

TBH it was a brutal loss

Yorkshire Jet and rohirrim665 like this.
  5. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I think it's obvious that most die hard Jets fans relate to this post on some level. I just turned 50 last year and have been a Jets fan my whole life since I can remember. I feel like I've seen it all. I won't list all the times I've felt a dagger through my heart because there's no point in reliving them.

All I can say is that the more this team sucks joy from my life the more I distance myself from them. I still follow them and obviously post here regularly but to be honest, it's been a while since I have actually sat down and WATCHED a game from start to finish. I just find it hard to out myself through it. It ruins my Sundays when I watch the Jets lose and life is way too short for that.

Of course, the Patriots never-ending dynasty also has a lot to do with the lack of joy watching football for the last couple decades.

6. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Yes, unlike yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

now we;re predicting 2020 SOS? man

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

So stop reading/logging on?

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

as i am a glass half empty (and the person that drank the other half has mono) kind of person in some ways I enjoy it more when the team implodes - lets me know all is right with the world

Yorkshire Jet and rohirrim665 like this.
  10. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

One game, one loss and the doom and gloom has already descended on the faithful. Hard to say whose psych is more fragile, the team or their fans?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

On the other hand, what kind of reason to believe has this team given us for the last 10 years?

Most teams go through some adversity but this is a LOT to overcome 1 week into the season.

12. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

It's just being realistic

westiedog1 likes this.
  13. Your 100% right..but i dont think anyone WANTS to feel that way about the team. This is a very loyal fan base that on those exceptionally rare occassions when the team does well,can be as loud,supportive & energetic as any in sports.The loudest sporting events ive ever attended have been big Jet wins.

The misery is just so engrained.The storyline never changes. We’re desperate for success & it just doesnt seem to be in the cards.Trust for the FO/Ownership has been broken.It will only change w wins.

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Definitely trending in that direction

Sam Hammer likes this.
  15. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

It's good to let it all out. Like you say more important stuff to worry about. Jets are like a really long soap opera, no one is really happy or achieves much, but god dammit there is always something going on to talk about.

For me across the pond, and coming over for odd games, it is easier, over here casual fans are 50% Patriots fans (glory hunters) but polite. Then you get a sprinkling of recent successful franchises, Seahawks are popular, Giants, Eagles, Broncos, Steelers. You also have older fans who support less successful teams right now, but when they started watching they were glory hunting too, Miami when Marino, Bills when with Kelly, Bears 80s, Cowboys 90s, 49ers etc etc................Then there is people like me, who at the age of 15 when in New York, loved it and loved sport and had never really thought to follow a team, So i'll watch those Jets, The rest is history, that was 2000. I could now blame Belichick and Brady for ruining my chances, but looking at our history it is all about us just not making the right decisions across the whole time. Sunday was bad and really disheartening. So should i not care? am i fed up? Hell no. I love the Jets, when we get a win you appreciate it and enjoy it, the dark might last a long f***ing time. But when we come out the other end and have our era of success it will be all the sweeter. It will happen. Under Gase? Under Darnold? In my lifetime? I don't know, really it doesn't matter. I'll still be hooked watching and saving up to fly over and come watch. I support a soccer team in the UK with similar mis-fortune so maybe i'm bad luck. I'll cheer for Patriots this weekend and maybe Brady will come down with some weird disease also (joking).

This season may go nowhere, Gase may get fired and we might end up at square one after another 4-12 horror show. But i'll still keep coming back for more.

I have a bad feeling for this season, as i think most fans do, but i don't know everything, sometimes we get it wrong. So lets back Trevor to be the destroyer, the kid who doesn't look like much, who comes in for an injured player and suddenly leads his team to the promised land. Just like that ****ing Brady did in 2001. But i fear 0-6 to be honest. I still can't wait for Monday night and staying up until 4am! Go JETS!

16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Oh no!

17. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

you never miss the water till the well runs dry

18. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

You are experiencing what is known in psychological terms as D.V.S.O.J.A.O.A. syndrome. (Deja Vu Same Old Jets All Over Again.) What you need is a little perspective. Try looking at Hurricane Dorian aftermath photos of the Bahamas, or read some of the stories of the survivors.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Realism = knowing the season is over after a single game? That's realistic?

20. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Clinically, none suicidal self injury is very common among adolescent girls and long term Jets fans.

westiedog1 likes this.