The Show 09

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scikotic, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Drew

Drew Active Member

So I played this last night... it sucks, IMO.

I actually like 2k9 better. It's way more fun then the Show... Show seems like it's a job more then doing it for fun. It's hard to explain.

2. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

^ I have no idea what your basing this on or how you have even come to this conclusion....

I guess its not for everybody.

3. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Although, the online servers for this game completely suck dick. Fuck that shit....

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I got gyped out of 2 games last night, explaining the anger toward the game...

5. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

same shit happened with the show 08 with the servers. It takes a few weeks for them to fix them up. A lot of games are like this and it really pisses me off.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

its ruining my great record. im 38-9. Only 4 of my losses are legit. I hate this crap...

7. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Is it worth it for PS2?

and They would make SO much more money if they would also release it for XBOX 360 and the PS systems.

#27 TheJetChase, Mar 17, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  8. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

..... Have you ever heard of an exclusive contract?

9. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Have you ever heard of somebody just stating a point?

and to answer your question. Yes i have.

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

except Sony is trying to sell their system, so they would lose money if consumers bought a 360 instead of a PS3 to play it. that's the point, that your point is flawed at best, ignorant at worst.

11. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

It's ok. Not completely sold on it yet, but I haven't begun league play yet either.

12. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Well, after playing online a bit, I've realized that this is one of the most overhyped games I've ever played. I actually think, online game play wise, this is about 5 steps back from '08. Not impressed. Actually have buyers remorse.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

How is the franchise mode? Is it deep? Can you control your minor league teams?

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

the player progression is all fucked up to the point where it can completely ruin franchise mode. I think they are in the progress of fixing it however. Players digress more than anything.

Online has its server issues as well, but I believe there was a patch for that today. I havent been on yet today. Online is the only way to go, IMO.

When did you get a PS3?

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

About 2 weeks ago - right now, I only have Fallout 3 and Killzone 2. I was going to pick up a NCAA '09, but I figured I'd just wait until 2010 comes out this summer.

I really want a baseball game now...especially since the season just started. So the franchise mode for '09 is a mess, right now? How's '08?

I love playing online, but I've never played The Show, so I'd suck horribly. I understand the controls are very hard to pick up at first...if a game has a solid franchise mode, it never gets old for me.

#35 Mr Electric, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

the game is the same graphics wise. I buy the game to play online. It really is the only way to go. But if you are trying to buy the game for franchise purposes, it will be fixed. Eventually....

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Thanks for the info Scik - I think I'm going to pick it up tonight. When I get the hang of the game maybe we can play online...

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

lol, ill hold you to that. But I must warn you I am ranked in the top 100 online.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Update:

Got the game...started a RTTS with a created pitcher. I am dominating the minors with him - should be called up anytime soon. Back-to-back CG SHOs...

I've played three games online: after my first two games my batting average was like .182. Right now, I am awful at hitting.

In my third game, I lost the game in the 9th inning because of an error (high throw to first) and a missed tag at the plate...but I hit well, boosting my average to around .240.

I still have to get used to the base running, but I've stole at least three bags in each game online.

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

who has this game that wants to battle it out online. Im 114-27 with a 1.4 ERA and a 2.67 AVG.

Oh im also ranked 55th. Anyone wanna play one?