The Show 08

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Pride, Feb 29, 2008.

1. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

so 2k8 or the show

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

most reviews seem to say the Show. I love the idea of the analog controls of 2k8, but not enough to endure all the other problems the game apparently has.

3. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

I'm going out to buy this game tomorrow! I can't wait.

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

anyone play online? I need someone to play

5. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i'll add you either tonight, or u can add me gangreen99. Right now i'm working on my road to the show guy, but i'm gonna start playing on line soon.

6. TheJetChase

TheJetChase Member

Just got this game, I love it!

7. plasticsloth

i played my first online game today. First guy quit, really pissed me off. I beat the second guy 4-3 as the mets. He chose the yanks before i could. I got 13 K's with Santana and pitched a CG. But, what's with the lag!?!?!? I was lagging like crazy! Most of the time it wouldn't give me a pitching meter, it just pitched it perfectly. And pitches would pause in the air for a second then go over the plate. I couldn't even see hit, it would look like a whiffed but it turns out i get a hit. Anybody else experiencing this?

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

Yeah. There are times where I will swing and miss but the lag registers it as a check swing. It's ridiculous.

Also, is anyone having this weird problem where sometimes runners will just take off to the next base out of nowhere? It happened to me last night a few times and I actually scored to win the game cause he missed the tag. It's fucking strange.

I'm 13-5 online, I'm ranked in like the top 250 I think. 2 of the losses came from my friend who doesn't know how to play. I'll be toward the top of the leaderboard in no time.

9. plasticsloth

the lag improved today and now a quit causes a loss, so that's some good thigns. But i just played the too lamest games i've ever played. It pissed me off so much. I was playing the red sox and the guy was just hitting everything that was out of the zone. Ortiz hit two homeruns on fast balls that were low in the dirt. And the guy i was playing was such a douche. I hit a homerun with giambi in the first inning and he hits him three straight times. Be a man and pitch to him! So i lost that game

Then i played a guy using the tigers and it was lagging whenever i hit. It was completely ridiculous, he would release the pitch, and next thing i know it's in the zone for a strike. I quit the game losing by one cuz the lag was that bad.

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

heres a tip that not many people know...if there is lag, QUIT IN THE 1st inning....you dont get credited a loss or DQ. Only downside is that your opponent may be mess up your 5 star rating.

They intentional did that so people dont have to play with come crappy lag.

My record is garbage right now. I have 5 legit losses. People DQ and turn off their PS3 on me and I either dont get the win, or I get the lose. This really sucks. As long as they dont hit the "Quit" button, they have a chance to completely screw you over. Absolute BS.

anyway, im 16-11. but I should be around 21-6 or something closer to that.

11. plasticsloth

online is really starting to piss me off because some people play like such douches. Sry, i just really need to vent. So i was the mets and i was facing the tigers. I'm leading one nothing in the sixth and johan is dominating. He hasn't been able to touch him. All of sudden, he gets hurt! So i gotta bring in a fucking cold pitcher in his place. So i bring in a Pedro. Pedro gets a strikeout. Then a ground ball to reyes. Error... runner up to second base. I'ma little irritated but i still think i can win. pedro then gives up a two run shot... down 2 -1. Then I struck out the next guy. So im down 2-1. Nothing in my half. So pedro is doing well after the homerun, striking out the next two. And lo and behold. HE GETS INJURED! Two injured pitchers in the same game!!! WTF! Bring in a reliever and he shuts the door. And now it's the bottom of the eighth. Delgado gets a hit. Then i get another hit, but delgado is slow, so he stays at second. Then i sac bunt with castillo. Runners on second and third, one out. Hit a sac fly and i tie up the game. Then i ground out. Inning over. So it's the top of the 9th. Wagner is in. Walk the first guy. Then the second guy hits a ball down the line. The runner is going for third and i throw him out at third. So it's one out and a man on second. The guy tries a hit and run. He swings and misses on a high fastball and i throw it to third. He's hung out to dry so he runs back to second and it's a chase. Reyes runs after him but couldn't catch him, so i throw it to third. But for some reason he throws a soft ball underhand to third base and he's safe!!! So then he tries a squeeze play but it is snuffed out. Wright dashes up to the bunt that was too deep, but he just stops!!!! and the runner scores! I was about to throw my controller out the window i was so pissed. Now it's the bottom of the ninth. and i got my 8 9 and 1 due up. So i ground out with my eighth batter and wagner is coming up to plate. And this is where he becomes a real douche. I'm about to press start so that i can pinch hit wagner, but he franticly presses x so that he immediately pitches before i can even pause!! What a homo. So wagner grounds out. Then reyes flies out... That was one fucked up game with a real douche. Sry for the thesis paper on this game but i really need to vent.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Why no Home Run Derby? I am so pissed.

13. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Yes, that is as bush league as it gets. That guy deserves a serious ass whooping and to be called out for his antics. Ive had a player or 2 try that shit where they press X like a fiend so you cant pinch hit for you pitcher. Do you have his username. I would love to fuck with him a bit if I can.

anyway, there are alot of cunt rockets out there, you just gotta play guys with 4star+ ratings...makes life alot easier.

14. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

ON Road to the Show, when you increase your baserunning ability, does it give you better angles of the ball because it just blows when your on the bases with some of the angles they give you...

15. plasticsloth

you make quicker breaks on the basepaths. If u increase baserunning aggressiveness then when u steal u'll get a much better jump on the basepaths and u'll just be a faster runner in general.

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

K-Ro and Plasticscloth, I sent you guys league invites...

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I bought 2k8 and returned it the next day. I played, and loved, 2k7, 2k8 lagged, no one was online to play, and in ranked games you have to use analog controls, and when it's laggy its impossible to use them for an online game.

18. plasticsloth

i didn't get an invite. Are u sure u sent it to ganggreen99?

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

isnt it gangreen99? Just look through the leagues, its called hard knocks...ive been kicking people out left and right bc they are no good. if there isnt space, wait for me to get home and bot some more out.

btw, I threw a no hitter against BlasNYC last night, he claimed I cheated and then gave me a 1 rating....what a bitch!

20. plasticsloth

yea it is gangreen99, i looked under league invitations and it said no invitations. And i friended u on PSN but u haven't accepted yet.