The Rex Ryan Era is Over

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Quinnenthebeast, Dec 1, 2013.

1. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I've been a supporter the past two years and continued to be a "sun shiner" on the topic of Rex. I've been a fan when the Jets had Walton, Kotite, Costlet, and can honestly say this team is starting to feel like those atrocious squads.

The lack of accountability, results, and now effort are rising to the top of this shit stew. At some point there needs to be a fall guy, this restaurant needs a new Chef or the customers stop coming.

2. srains

srains Member

Really

Yes, he is the best coach the Jets have had in years but all that does is make him the smartest retard in the room. He is in over his head. Cut bait.

3. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

What I can't get my head around is all you folks who want him gone have no idea who is going to be available.
    Its all very well saying "I want Coach ______ in for us....". You are taking yet another leap of faith with a huge bouquet of shamrocks , really?

We have seen the good and the bad this season and know how difficult it has been and will continue to be to HC a team that is so lacking in top level talent.
    Apart from the front 7 on D, Mangold, Brick and some of the younger talent like Allen any HC is going to struggle to make an impact.

As the season has progressed opposing teams have found our Achilles heels (plural) and now exploit them at every chance, couple that with what is so apparent, a beaten team and we have what we saw against the Phins.

HOW is ALL of this is Rex's fault ?

I hope Rex stays and builds one of the best teams we've seen since the Namath era

4. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The Jets should announce a Head Coach competition, see who gives us the best chance to win.

I like Rex, but as a HC he is as inconsistent as the team he fields. If he can get this team of scrubs up to beat NE and NO, there's no reason not to pull out 10 wins with them. His only interest seems to be beating Belicheck and his brother.

5. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

What happened during that bye week? This is not the same team that went into that bye. Rex is in trouble, but I think he will survive for at least one more season.

Losing the rest of our schedule though is dangerous, dangerous waters for him.

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

we should probably have a reality show to audition potential HC candidates.

7. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Like Hard Knocks? Or more like The Bachelor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yep. Yesterday was plenty of evidence that the team is not putting forth real effort to play for Rex. Add in that he is clueless how to manage the Qb and he's done here.

9. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

We may have several right here on GG, hope Woody is reading along.

10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Rex may well be the best coach we have had in years. The problem is coming out of the bye Rex's D, his side of the ball was exploited by 2 teams in our division with less offensive talent then the Jets have on D.

Now Rex may well be the best the Jets have had in years but apparently Miami and Buffalo have HC who have been able to exploit Rex's Defense with a rookie and second year QB and in the case of Buffalo that's coming out of a bye for us.

Rex also shouldn't get a pass that this team is on it's 3rd OC in 5 years. The OC reports to the HC. We have a revolving door of coaches since Rex arrived maybe the HC is the guy who should be in the door?

This should have been the GM's call this year and it wasn't. I'm guessing Rex is going to survive and Idzik will be gone in 2 or 3 years.

#210 Biggs, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  11. Rex Must Go

Rex Must Go New Member

By my screen name you can tell I am far from a Rex fan. And he probably should (and will) be fired. But I think even if this team finishes 5-11 he has helped coach them to about three more wins than the current talent level would normally do on its own. This team is as terrible as I knew it would be. And the recent draft was also poor other than Sheldon Richardson. If Rex goes, he should take the whole coaching staff (other than Dunbar), Terry Bradway, and, yes, Idzik with him. A total fumigation is needed. But, unfortunately, the reality is we will continue to have Woody and Idzik. Which means even with major cap relief coming after they dump Sanchez, Holmes, and Cromartie and have all of those draft picks they will be completely clueless as to what must be done.

12. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

The Bills have 3x the talent the Jets do yet are worse than the Jets this year. What does that tell you?

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Idzik.

Number 9 pick. Benched 3 times.

13 pick, DROY.

39 pick, fail.

4th rounder, couldn't beat out Ducasse.

Idzik, shoehorned Smith in as a potential starter, when it was patently obvious he was not ready, and treated a playoff winning QB like an outcast.

Rex, has Woody's ear. Idzik, is on the outside looking in.

14. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Our 4th rounder was traded to the Saints for Chris Ivory.

Its the 3rd round pick ---- and it wasnt that he couldnt beat out Ducasse, - IMO, they had to let Ducasse finally play to see what he could do. It was smarter to put Winters on the bench the first few games & watch.

The 39th pick could have been Andrew Luck & would have almost as bad results behind this O-line & passing to a collection of other teams' castoffs.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Should have said, 4th pick.

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Dude, did you read my post or the first sentence?. I said get rid of him.

17. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Jets, Jets

Need is for better players no matter who is the coach.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

When are people going to realize that without a good QB, it doesn't matter who's coaching, or what the talent is like at other positions? If the Jets & Patriots swapped QBs, we all know which team would be in first place and which would be sucking heavily. Stephen Hill would probably be having a career year, the amount of times Geno has missed him while open. NY fans only look to blame people. The team needs to find its QB of the future. Until they do, they rest is almost insignificant.

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets and the Pats swapped QB's right now Brady would be on IR by the end of the season but several of his receivers would be on IR with strangling marks on their necks long before he got laid out.

20. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with your general point, but what you leave out is Rex's responsibility for the current state of affairs. Rex was all in trading up to get Sanchez, and kept playing him long after it was clear he sucked. Meanwhile he spent most of his top picks on defensive players. i know that was not all on him, but I have never heard anything to suggest Rex disagreed with the focus on using high picks on D.

When a new GM came in mostly due to the Sanchez contract debacle, the new GM reached in a poor qb quality draft for someone who it seems sucks even more than Sanchez. I didn't care for the pick and that's mostly on Idzik, but the NEED to do something is to a large extent on Rex.

And even though I think it likely the decision to continue playing Smith is on Idzik, that's also a problem for Rex. Why should the GM listen to Rex's opinions on Qb's? He has no good track record there, so in a way I would not blame Idzik for ignoring Rex on a subject of that sort.

Which is a very important subject when it comes to a team's HC - the HC has no cred when it comes to managing the Qb. That's reason enough to get rid of him.