The Return of The Hidden Production: A Quinnen Williams story

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 6-10 once again, Feb 10, 2020.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Reports are he is being shopped.He wont be traded unless we can get back another first.I dont see the point in trading him but...Joe Douglas doesnt want talent on the team so.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Add this guy who works for the same paper as Wyatt

3. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

This just wouldn't make sense. Rebuild doesn't mean trade young talent for dart throws. If you have foundational pieces (like a 22 year old 3rd overall pick on a rookie contract), you hang on to those. Trade aging vets who cost more than they're worth (CJ Mosely, Pierre Desir).

4. b.reyes16

This makes me feel better

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

One report he is being shopped, by the guy who had his credentials pulled . Every reporter that is allowed in the building is calling hornet.

MoWilkBeast and stinkyB like this.
  6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Everyone is coming out today to call out Manish on his bullshit fuckin stories, yet again.

According to ALL beat writers, we are not shopping Williams. Fuckin Mehta is such a piece of shit hack

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No, no one cares about Mehta. He is a hack and a joke in the media world. They just have to report the truth and react to his BS. Really annoying.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Have you not seen our defense after #33s departure? It STINKS! One of the worst overall defenses within the entire league imo and it STINKS! And with or without QW we'll be 0-8 after KCs beating so let's not act like he's making a difference, because he's not.

We were supposed to be getting a generational type of DT within the mold of an Aaron Donald but we didn't and instead @ 3rd overall we drafted a kid who doesn't help us win any games on Defense and one who is very easily replaced. He's no Jamal Adams, people (who I loved and absolutely miss as a JET).

We're 20th in rush yards allowed per game.
    We're 23rd in yards allowed on D.
    We're 23rd in Sacks on the year.
    We're 24th in passing yards allowed.
    And...
    We're 25th in scoring Defense.

So wtf is QW worth keeping around for?!? If he is making an impact lol he's the definition of HIDDEN PRODUCTION.

Maye. Poole. QW. They've all got to go because they've all been exposed without #33; Gregg Williams included he's got to go too.

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah I wasn't a fan of the Q pick and think he's underperformed his draft spot but even I don't like the idea of trading him. He's looked pretty good so far this year. Not great but good enough to not trade for a 2nd rounder imo.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He's also cheap and has room to grow into a more well rounded player. I wanted Allen, but Q could become a force up the middle. FWIW, Chris Jones was mostly invisible in his first year, had a good second year, and was a stud in year three. Too early to say Q will have a similar trajectory, but it shouldn't be dismissed.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Guess the Seahawks should trade their entire defense. Maybe we can get that Adams scrub back for a mid rounder.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Among defensive tackles this season Quinnen is 5th in sacks and tied for 1st with Akiem Hicks in tackles for loss (8).

Ptflea2 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, as others have already pointed out, this is Mehta, therefore is likely just click bait bullshit.

But if there is any credence to it, I would have to begin questioning my faith in Douglas. Up until now I've given him the benefit of the doubt, believing that he has a blueprint that he's working with, but if he decides to trade away a young building block for anything less than a mid-to-high first rounder plus some other asset, I would say he's making a mistake. I never wanted Q, I thought - and still do think - that it was wrong to use a #3 pick on yet another DL, but the fact is you need DLs, and he's showing that he can be a good one. Will he be another Aaron Donald? Not likely, but there's only one of those anyway. Most likely he'll be an above average DL, and that's better than most draft picks turn out to be, even the really hyped ones, so to think that you could get rid of that "success story" and just grab another one in the next draft is being way too optimistic.

I get the concept of a "tear down", but if he's going to do something like this, why not just dump the entire roster and start from complete scratch like an expansion team?

14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

For some casual fans, if they don't see a player crossing the goal line and spiking the ball, then that player can't possibly impact the game.

FJF and ouchy like this.
  15. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I think the only other player people wanted was Josh Allen the OLB who regressed.
    Q is a top 5 DT

Becton is a Top 5 OT.

nice we can build around those two

ouchy likes this.
  16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

I wanted to trade down and draft Brian Burns

Q is turning into a good player tho

17. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

And Q is 22.

if we address edge, we, and interior OL along with a young QB in draft along with Becton and Q that’s a nice core.

18. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Per the retweet, “an emerging star” huh? Not what I see!
    Again, his position is easily replicated. Cash him out.

19. b.reyes16

You don't "cash out" on 22 year old 3rd overall picks. The chances of you landing an equally good player with whatever draft pick is slim to none.

20. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

That’s where you and I differ my man, I don’t think his production is such that you can’t get it elsewhere with other alternatives

REVISion likes this.