The Return of The Hidden Production: A Quinnen Williams story

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 6-10 once again, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I said it then and I will day it again now.
    Come back in 5 years and tell me who you would have rather had drafted Josh Allen or Q Williams.
    People will laugh and it will be no contest for Q.

Royal Tee and JetsKickAss like this.
  2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

thats just a hunch though. You may end up being right, you may end up being wrong. But he hasnt done anything in his admittedly very short career to make me confident hes going to be an impact player

REVISion and matt robinson 17 like this.
  3. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Makes some plays then goes away

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

The D overall has been petty bad for 2020. Not making excuses but they're pretty much a beaten down group when the offense can't sustain any drives. The 2nd half of the Buffalo game is perfect example. Four yards !!! I can fall down 3 times and get more, omg. The OL even with Becton is still very, very bad. McGovern is a turnstile.

5. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

He was putting in good work against BUF, and this tweet was from after the MIA game:

BomberJet likes this.
  6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Q had a good game. He's a building block along with a few other young DL players. Just let him keep playing and leave him in there.

7. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is totally meaningless.

We judge players based on the evidence we have from the past. Most of that evidence at this point supports the view that Allen would've been the better pick. I'm open to changing my mind about that but the evidence will have to lead me to that point.

I'll also add that good edge rushers are more expensive on the open market than good interior DL's. So that's another argument in favor of drafting Allen even if their talent levels prove to be identical. But as of now Allen has been the better player and also the more valuable one.

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

This argument is so stupid.

Josh Allen and QW are "so great" to the point of leading their teams to a combined record of 1-13 during the 2nd season.

Allen = 1-6 and QW = 0-7.

These guys are examples of why we need to draft OFFENSE with all 4 of our 1st round picks over the next two draft's and if we're able to trade QW for an impactful 1st round WR/Center/LG/RB well then it's a must because you can easily replace QWs impact and production with 2nd round DTs of every single draft.

QW is no Jamal Adams. QW does not truly IMPACT games on Defense. He can go back to Alabama for all I care because I'd love a 1st even a 2nd for him. Our defense SUCKS with him as our "anchor".

RochesterJet and REVISion like this.
  9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Quinnen has definitely improved this year. With his level of play currently and potential to be even better along with being on a manageable contract for the coming years, it wouldn't make sense to trade him. It would also leave a huge hole on the DL and continue the cycle of drafting DLs, moving them, and drafting more - pretty over that. Look at the roster now - it's thinner at DL than I realized.

10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Ralebird likes this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He'll be traded before the deadline.. JD is tearing down the rebuilt roster and starting over. It will probably take his entire 6 year contract run. If we're lucky, Dumbfuck and Dumbass (aka: The Johnsons) will stay out of the hiring process and just sign the checks.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Perfect. Let's create another gaping hole for the magic second round draft pick!

Ralebird likes this.
  14. DefenseWinsChampionships

If we had kept Jamal Adams? I would have loved to keep QW but that's no longer an option of mine.

After Jamal left? Our defense has absolutely fell off a cliff and one thing is for sure, QW isn't helping us win any games. He doesn't even impact 10% of what #33 was able to do.

The days of Wilk. Richardson. Harrison. Leonard and QW are long gone. They never won us jack squat.

Trade QW and improve the offense moving forward because the NFL is now an offensive driven league. Look @ Seattle. Crap defense. Still only 1 loss.

Trade Q for a 1st and built up our offense with 5 1st round picks over the next two drafts and use all 5 on offense or JD had to go too because you don't trade two defenders in Jamal and QW just to draft two more defensive players; that's criminal.

1.) Trevor Lawrence.
    2.) WR.
    3.) Center.
    4.) LG.
    5.) RB.

And if JD hits on all 5 offensive players? Trevor Lawrence will be surrounded with an OFFENSE full of 1st round talent(s) with Becton and Mims already in place.

I like QW. But he doesn't IMPACT games. He can not WIN YOU GAMES and can easily be replaced by a FA or even late round picks.

Trade QW with FUTURE OFFENSE IN MIND because after Jamal was let go? There has not been one defensive player who's stepped up and DOMINATED for us. Not Maye. Not Poole. Not QW. They've all failed and 0 and soon to be 8 doesn't lie.

It's sad that "just a safety" was able to produce more sacks, more QB hits and more tackles for loss behind the LOS than Q has and fir any Jet fan who ever gave me a hard time about not wanting to trade Jamal to (at the time) Dallas? Well, then; you can not say jack squat to me about wanting JD to also trade QW.

15. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Quinnen is not going anywhere. But, if someone offers us two firsts and two 3rds (Jamal Adams) you listen..

chandler likes this.
  16. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You actually need to have a roster, it would be really stupid to trade Q. We have enough holes on our roster to rebuild we don't need to create another hole that is occupied by a young and cheap piece in Q

17. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And it won't mean a thing if we are giving up 35 points per game

18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

I think our other beat writers like trashing Manish

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well. He's not Jamal Adams. He doesn't rush the QB like Jamal, sack the QB like #33, hit the QB like Adams, create tackles for loss like Jamal Adams and he's most certainly not a pro bowler and all pro like Jamal and definitely doesn't IMPACT like Jamal.

So two first round options for QW isn't an option and it's not realistic because "just a Safety" is what Jet fans labeled Jamal so it's sad to me that QW isn't dominating as much as "just a Safety" did for us on Defense.

I'll take a single 1st for QW. I'll even take a 2nd round pick for QW if we're promised JD drafts us offense with his pick in order to build an offense around Trevor Lawrence.

QW had his chance to step up and impact after Jamal was traded and unfortunately QW didn't have it in him; look at our Defense. It stinks. And not one dominate Jet has stepped up on Defense.

QW has to go. He doesn't help us win games to begin with.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

matt robinson 17 likes this.