The Rational Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Bill Belidouche

Fuck you and your high-and-mighty bullshit, faggot.

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

LMMFAO, that is a good one. It's over. We have no offense. You can't win ,if you can't score.:rofl:

3. k311

k311 Member

This isn't a fucking knee jerk. Schittenheimer should have been gone 2 years ago. Wayne Hunter should not have been on this roster to start the year. These guys are actively killing our chance to win games every week. It's plainly obvious. This is unacceptable.

I like Rex, but good head coaches know when to make difficult decisions. If he's not willing to cut his losses then he may be part of the problem too.

4. Jetnad

Jetnad Member

We suck bro, we just got Tebowed

5. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

What do you expect after this game? I'm not one to go gung-ho on a message board but its pathetic. A thread about being rational? Common... you may as well be the pied fucking piper for irrational posters.

6. Tight

Tight Active Member

all eric smith had to do was Contain... how do you come in like that ? your the last guy on the edge , you have to contain.

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

what the fuck......

8. Dogggggggg

Dogggggggg New Member

Kneejerk pussy threads? They just lost to the fucking Broncos with a qb who went 9/20 for 104 yds. Nice offense

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Being rational != rationalizing

Don't be assholes.

10. Tight

Tight Active Member

angry angry

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

624 he does have a point.

12. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Total team loss, but I pin most of it on the offense.

D played great until the end, and in the end we lost on the defense's watch.

But, our defense never should have been in that position to begin with. They allowed only 3 points through 58 minutes of football, even with the touchdown to make it 10. If our offense cannot win a game when our defense holds the opposition to 10 pts, we deserve to lose. This is not even counting the fact that Sanchez let the Broncos back in the game and his mistake was the difference in the outcome, leading to the Broncos taking a 17-13 lead rather than Tebow scoring a meaningless touchdown in garbage time to make it 13-10.

Schotty made some boneheaded play calls, per usual.
    The O line sucked often
    But Sanchez does NOT get a pass, he made stupid throws, missed wide open receivers even when he had time, the pick 6 was all on him. I just don't see how we can have any confidence in him, every time he goes to pass I hold my breath, I notice no improvement between his rookie year and now based on how he looks on the field, he still looks confused, that the game is moving too fast etc.

13. 624

624 Banned

I'm not saying it should be positive, just with logic

I expected exactly what happened, this is just for real football discussion for people who don't have temper tantrums.

People are obviously missing the point here....I'm not trying to sugarcoat shit and turn it positive....this is just a thread for people who aren't crying.

14. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

We're not as good as we were.

It really all starts with the offensive line. THe last two years, we had one of the best lines in football hands down. They haven't even shown a glimmer of that.

It's amazing what 1 player swap (Woody/hunter) and a blocking tight end of all things, can do. Hartsock no one even noticed unless he committed a stupid penalty, but he never let guys blow right by him and he opened up holes.

Not having Pool has also hurt us. Eric Smith is nothing more than a backup.

Technically, we certainly still have a chance to make the playoffs but UNLIKE last the last two years, i just really dont like the makeup of our team and i'm not sure it's going to happen. This offensive line isn't good enough to mask schotty's shittyness.

I also am a little annoyed with Plax. he gives up to easily on plays (Braylon never did that). Santonio isn't getting separation, and hasn't looked at all like he did last year. Maybe it's him or maybe it's what braylon brought to the team in terms of the passing game, i don't know.

Also, Keller is really annoying me with the way he's not being physical. The guy is getting tossed around the field and whenever he gets jammed, he can't do shit.

15. 624

624 Banned

He definitely does, I hope he's not banned for that.

16. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

624....you're an awesome poster, and definitely a guy I can't flame...

but, how can you be positive and rational? I haven't felt like this since the Falcon game in '09. This was a carbon copy. We're 5-5 with 6 games left. Conventional wisdom says we have to go 5-1 to even have a chance. Plus, we have to sit on this until the last day of Thanksgiving weekend.

So, yeah, I'm fucking pissed.

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The Jets FO needs to make some crucial decisions this offseason. Because the offense isn't working under the current regime.

Either you put your money on Sanchez and bring in another OC with a new system....or you cut bait with Sanchez and give Schotty another chance.

I can't see this team going into next season with the offense status quo.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

My opinion is we have regressed on offense and defense. I think we made some questionable off season moves and they have not worked out.

Sanchez is clearly our best (and only option). I don't know if he will ever be "really" good, but I'm questioning it. In fairness, it might be Shotty. It might be both.

After 2 straight AFC title games, this year is a big step back. Please don't say we can still make the playoffs. Really. Please. Somebody has to answer for the regression. For lifelong fans (I'll be 38 next month....I'm betting I'm older than you), this is the shits. I thought we turned a corner. Check my other posts. I picked 11-5 this year. I did not envision a step back this year. Quite frankly it's the same old, same old and it is not acceptable.

I know I get heated in the game thread and post from the heart. I know people call me a SOJF, but to me, a Sunshiner is no different. This year is over, and with the expectations we had, it truly sucks.

#38 KWJetsFan, Nov 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  19. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Logic says we were sold a false bill of goods and Sanchez is not a franchise, Manning/Brady/Rogers/fuck it even Ryan/Flacco QB. I get it. We went to 2 AFC championshops. But dont sell our D sort for those. Today, this season, we've needed Sanchez to prove his #5 overall worth. I haven't seen it. I feel sick. And I need to understand why I should believe this team, this QB can win a super bowl this year. This was the Tebow led Broncos. Not the Pats. Not even the Raiders. The Broncos.

20. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

I used to feel bad when guys seemed to pick on you

Not any more. WTF with this bullshit "If we believe we can achieve" shit? Dude....we SUCK!!!! We just lost to a team with a QB that has a worse throwing motion than Byron Leftwich and doesnt throw past 20 yards.