The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Maybe because I work in baseball so I see this alot more but when a 3rd base coach is giving signals he is only giving one signal. If the sign is hand across the chest he might slap his leg, rub his nose, tip his cap,put his hands on his hip, move his hand across his chest, pick his cleat you see what I'm saying? There may be a bunch of signals that come from the sideline that are hard to read from 50 yards across the field. If you have a camera with a zoon lens you are picking up every single hand gesture and the patterns that are used that you might not see from the other side of the field. I'm not saying the Pats are guilty it's all speculation on my part. If I had to bet though I'd say they definately did something. Of course I am also a bit partial.

#161 Barry the Baptist, Sep 11, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  2. ........

........ Trolls

You're all underestimating Bill Belicheck. Obviously this is all a big setup to punk the NFL. The competition committee is going to get the tape back, dim the lights, all circle around the TV, press play, and watch as Vince Wilfork does the "Milkshake" dance.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

several NFL players have said Belichick has been doing this for years

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

only thing I don't understand is how Mangini didn't know about it, and if he did, why he didn't take preventive measures

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

get real and take off your pats-vision for a few minutes

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

well said.

7. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3012989

Try Chris Mortensen from ESPN. This bastard tried to do the same thing against the Packers. And Mr. Mortensen isn't a member of the Jets Website sir.

If the Patriots are suppose to be a re-tooled side and a dangerous side as well they shouldn't have to lower themselves to these types of cheating tactics. If they did so, they should in my opinion not only lose their first win of the season and give it to the Jets, but lose draft picks in the first round for the next 6 years and automatically given to the Jets.

You can't just hope for draft picks as an easy way to teach them a lesson. Commishioner Goodell (<--Spelling) since he threw the book at Michael Vick for his code of conduct as well as Pac Man Jones for his shenanigans, has to throw the book at Bellichick for this type of horrible infraction.

Just when you thought this rivalry between these two coaches was going to be good, Bellichick has raised it to another level in my view he had no right in going to as a form of cheating. If his side is really that good and that scary, now I'm starting to question if all these pre-season perdictions are all a bunch of crap.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

They just reported that The Commish is going to act Swiftly and Aggressively in the punishment....

Looks like they did get busted. They also said that it could be as firm as a 1st day Pick.

Just passin along what I heard on ESPN Radio... :up:

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That's great, however...That's like taking a bank robber, that steals a million dollars, and sending him to jail, but letting him keep the cash....

There is no equity for the team that was wronged.

And.....considering the multiple offenses, how does the Coaching staff not receive multi-game suspensions?

I said earlier that the Pats should forfeit the game, but I don't think the NFL would do that. (Even though, in a prize fight, if one fighter turns out to have
    cheated, the decision goes the other way...)

They should vacate the W, and record the game as a 2-2 tie.

Before everyone goes off, just let me ask, did they look as good before the half, or after? In my opinion (admitting my bias) things started looking unreal
    after half time. And even then, After being injured Pennington came in drove down for 6 (fairly effortlessly...)to make it 28-14 (I'd really like to see how many guys were out in the 2nd and 6 Pattern that they took 3 days to throw to Moss, on the prior series......).

The 10 minute drive after 28-14, kind of sealed the deal, and if they had the defensive signals......

10. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

The Zapruder Film - Patsies PUNKED!!!! Check out the photographic PROOF!!!!

[​IMG]

11. rillo

rillo New Member

WOW...thats classic! aiming right @ our coaches....WTF?!

12. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Photo courtesy of Totallygreen of JI.net, who found it on a Bills Forum!!!!

13. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Man could that picture above make it any more obvious? I think that the fellow to actually bust this guy was the grim-faced former FBI agent who's always within 3 paces of Mangini.

14. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

the camera guy was on the Pats side....

15. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Wrong -

http://jets.scout.com/2/677745.html

16. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

Lol...wow could it be any more obvious. I wonder if the pats will really get in trouble for any of this.

17. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

18. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

If nothing else, this is giving me something to think about other than another crushing defeat to the Jets' perennial nemesis and the re-injuring of Chad.

I hope the Commissioner docks the Pats a first-day draft pick, declares the game a tie and gives Chad his ankle back for next week.

An automatic entry into the Super Bowl would also be niceā€¦

19. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

I want the NFL to take the win away from the Pats and put it in the Jets column. That is blatent cheating and I also want sanctions and suspensions on the Pats. All members of the coaching staff to stay away from the field for at least 10 games. Teach them a lesson.

To any Pats fans coming on here trying to say if the Jets did the same thing I would react differently. Wrong I would be embarrassed as a Jets fan if they did this. This type of blatent cheating is wrong by any standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.