The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Also, the entire coaching staff should be suspended for 8 games.

2. Hobbes3259

Funny how all the pats fans seem to have...disappeared...

3. Except for pats nation NY....he hasnt ran from any of this and frankly has contributed w/ some useful articles. I give him alot of credit for sticking around. He's ok in my book.

As for the rest of them? There isn't much they can really say. It's not just one team making a claim...several have made low key claims over the past 5 years or so...it sounds like the NFL has had enough. And there's no denying any of this nor sugarcoating it.

4. Hobbes3259

You know the real difference between the Jets and the Pats.....

Our 12th man comes from the stands.

Their 12th man comes from Best Buy.

5. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

Hobbes.. I appreciate your concern about my fellow Pats fans "disappearing".. To be honest with you I haven't posted much since the game ended.. Trust me.. I see the passion on this board and some of the frustrations as well...The last thing you guys wanna see is anything but "Patriots" on any post or reply.. As far as this situation... I have to wait and see if and when the truth comes out on this.. I can't say whether they did or didn't.. I do not work for the Patriots to know the truth.. I'm not a "Insider" .. I think that in a few days when some of you take a step back and look at this "objectively"... You'll see some variables that just don't add up.. IE.. Hobbs return.. Cmon, purely execution blunder.. Moss with 3 guys chasing him.. Pennington getting hurt.. Remember the drive that the Pats went on for like 10 mins? I believe it was in the 4th.. No signs there.. Straight pure smash mouth football there.. Do I wanna join in on this thread, and rip you guys a new ass, and tuant you guys? As a Pats fan, of course.. But I look at it like this.. What goes around comes around.. For example.. If I start mouthing off and what not.. What happends next week if the Chargers whoop up on the Pats? You guessed it.. Flame time for PNNY.. carry on...

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Danny Douchebag is still trailing drool across a few threads.

7. allan1

allan1 Active Member

yea, it'll be just like 1960-2001

8. Hobbes3259

Hat tip to you, as opposed to the Well, it just sour grapes, even though Charlies Cassserly, The Lions,The Bills, and Packers (WHO busted the SAME GUY) reported this behavior last year.

Now, on to the point.

after Hobbs return...the game is 21-7.

But ...you guys(theoretically... have the defensive signals...)

Jets Blitz....51 yard completion to moss....(how many guys were out in the pattern on 2nd and 6????)

Pennington comes back in, Carves up the Defense, 28-14.

Then the 10 minute drive.....game effectively over...Every blitz picked up perfectly? no team is that good on skill alone.

Sadly neither of us will be in the nfl office, but I would bet, that even a casual observation of the game film, will show an improbable percentage of correct guesses vis-a-vis protection vs. blitz schemes...

9. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Wow, very well said. I as well as I am sure many more of the posters here, have a great deal of respect for you

10. JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB

JETfrmWOMBtoTOMB New Member

Anybody remember what Rhodes said in one of his postgame interviews? It was something to the effect of "they knew what we were doing... I don't know, maybe we have to learn how to disguise things a little better". Wouldn't it be crazy if the Patsies got caught cheating? Wow. Every team will be gunning for them harder than ever now.

11. Hobbes3259

Not just as a Jets fan....But answer me this...If a player gets at least four games for cheating(banned substance).....whats the appropriate response from the commish, if its the coaching staff, and by extension the whole team...?

12. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

All that means is that if the league office and a second and/or third party agree then the game can be forfeited even after the game has been played just like some of the NCAA punishments.

13. MayoGate

MayoGate Active Member

You see Hobbes.. You had to throw that lil jab in there about this team and that team blah blah.. it's cool.. Dude trust me.. I've been through some bad losses, and tried to latch on to something or someone to blame.. 86 bowl (As a 10 year old crying about Fridge Perry:rofl: Not a pretty sight).. 96 Bowl.. Last year was the worst.. Again, I'll reserve my judgement / comments if and when anything comes out about this because I just don't know.. If they did.. Well.. Hold them accountable... If they didn't..well I hope you respond with the same passion you have showed on this thread.. Fair is Fair.. Right?:up:

14. jaychamp

jaychamp New Member

Ummm, hello? :)

15. jaychamp

jaychamp New Member

Well I'm a Pats fan and I'd love for you to put out where I defended their actions.

I gave a counter argument as why I believe it gives no advantage but said they should be punished if the allegations are true.

Thanks for the generalization though :wink:

PS-I never rubbed your noses in it either. Not my style

#155 jaychamp, Sep 11, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  16. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Of course Belichik would never sink that low. And he isn't an assh-le, either.

Maybe after Ted Johnson dies from post-concussion syndrome Belichik can issue a cheap one-sentence apology the same way he did at his first press conference as the Jets head coach where he weaseled his way out of contract by scribbling, "I resign as HC of the Jets today" on a piece of toilet paper and tossing it on Leon Hess' grave.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I think their is a generalization because a few of you Pats fans came in here right away and said no way it could have happened and then as more info came out such as the Green Bay story, then the Lions story fewer and fewer of you guys were around.

I will disagree with you that it does give an advantage. I'm not up on my technology but I would imagine that there is a way to relay the info to the sidelines during the game. I would assume that teams change their signals every week so teams don't pick up the signs therefore there would be no reason for Belly to record the info for future games.

Think about it, they were apparently doing it against Green Bay and Detroit two teams that they weren't going to see in the SB and they won't see either of them for 4 seasons so what would be the reasoning behind that? My guess so they could gain an advantage that day against those teams.

18. ........

........ Trolls

The Jets won't comment on the story. The Pats won't comment on the story.

LaDainian Tomlinson, on the other hand, is all too quick to state that he believes the Pats cheat.

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Well. Innocent till proven otherwise, guys. Ok? Give it a rest.

20. jaychamp

jaychamp New Member

I understand your logic completely. I just can't for the life of me think of what advantage it could possibly give. The signals are in plain site for everyone to see. From the Pats sideline, and the best view would come from the coaches booth.

Actually, wouldn't the guy with the camera be facing the back, at best the side of the person that is giving the signals?

I'm just going to wait to see what happens before I comment anymore. Not because I think I'm wrong but I just want to see what happens after they actually review the film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.