The Patriots sign-stealing / radio scandal - Official Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MayoGate, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themasochist

themasochist New Member

If they deciphered our D signals you can be sure as shit that it affected the outcome of the game. Don't forget we were losing 14-7 at the half, they were not rolling by a longshot. And it's almost uncanny how every single defensive call was countered with a big offensive play.

Bellichick is a fucking cheating bitch and should be suspended 6 games for this. He is PERSONALLY responsible.

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

3. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

they are saying goodell will force that issue as well.

its astonishing that a team that has that level of talent feels the need to stoop so low. on paper they have as good a team as any team in football.

its def a pathetic move. it makes me wonder how long theyve been doing this.

i also thought it was kind of telling that LT, a guy who is a class act, made a comment that the pats live by the mantra "if youre not cheating, youre not trying".

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

there is a huge difference between the NFL annoucing that the Pats broke the rules and ESPN sensationalizing the story to get ratings. the moment the NFL confirmed it, this ceased to be about ESPN and their ineterests except for the fact that sports news is their business. ESPN is now reporting what has been confirmed, not simply beating a dead horse to sensationalize the issue and get ratings, which you appear to be infering, and you would be wrong.

5. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

If this all turns out the way they are saying, it's pathetic. ANd hilarious that they thought they needed to cheat to beat the Jets. Maybe we're better then I thought?

6. Scruggy

Scruggy Active Member

They need to forfeit. Will see how tough the new Commish is. EVery one of our bltzes were stopped. C'mon!

7. I bleed Jets Green

I bleed Jets Green New Member

Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella

MR. ESTRELLA! YOU ARE ON NOTICE SIR!

I think we should raid the Pats site and give him a call.

8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

If they are getting busted for getting our D signals, they are likely guilty of getting our O signals.

Until this story broke, I figured we got onwed by the better team, but know I'm thinking back and it seemed like they were in our backfield on almost every play.

Think about the early screen to Brad Smith. Any other time I see a play like that, maybe 1 or 2 defenders stay home. Smith had 2 blockers in front of him, with like 4-5 guys to block. I've never seen that before.

I'll have to watch the game again, but even the bomb to Moss where Vilma of all people was back in coverage makes me say hmm...

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

i fukin hate boston.

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Jets should be given the Win...bottom line

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I'm hoping they lose 2nd and 3rd rounders, and get big fines all around.

A suspension of Belichick would be cool, but that's not going to happen.

12. typeOnegative13NY

a draft pick or two as punishment is not fair enough to us

13. Greatful Jethead

Greatful Jethead New Member

So it wouldnt matter then that Pats knew we were bringing a Blitz so we would be forced to have a linebacker in coverage If you notice that was one of the guys. If they didnt know the blitz was coming they would have not have had the time to through the long pass. Wow what an ass. All that talent on his team and he has to cheat too

14. themasochist

themasochist New Member

Mark schlereth on ESPN about to expound on the info culled from the tapes and how it can be used during a game.

Change your channel pronto to see it.

15. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

I think the fans at the game should have a class action lawsuit to recover the 7.5 million or more they spent..."compromising the integrity of the game"

Goodbye HOF Bill you douchebag!

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I'd rather see some serious punishment not lose some 5th round pick. This is a disgrace to the NFL.

If anybody has the Al Harris comments from last year look at them and look what Kerry Rhodes said after the game. Nearly identical.

17. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Pats should be forced to forfeit Sunday's game. Fines and draft picks do not change the fact that they are 1 game up on their division. If they win the division by 1 game or tie breaker, the game they were caught cheating will still send them to the playoffs.

I would have the same opinion if they beat the Fish or Bills this Sunday.

18. typeOnegative13NY

From the tuck rule til now,who knows how they got to where they are. everyone knows their Oline gets away with murder

19. 3rdandlong

3rdandlong Member

I'd love to see this get blown right open.....they could be using varied methods of gaining an advantage depending on the opponents team. Who knows for how long they've been doing this stuff.

One might wonder aloud about how great their coaches and coordinators systems are given the fact that they may have been given extraordinary information at decision making time......

And of course, are the GPC games times they didn't cheat, or cheated and still lost?

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Now that they are proven guilty, I guess I can say they deserve the harshest punishment one could come up with; losing all draft picks for the next 3-5 years, and forfeiting this season seems like a viable choice to me. (Ok. I went overboard, I admit it.) Also, all of their records after Belichik's tenure should carry an asterisk mark saying "Suspected of spying." (This is not a joke.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.