The other issue.. How come our WR are never (rarely) wide open?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by akibud, Dec 22, 2008.

1. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

maybe it has been said, but for all the hype about the jets offensive line, favre has had very little time to throw. with time, receivers have a much better chance to get open. it seems nearly every time brett goes back to pass, he's harassed.
    to be fair, it seems like opponents blitz the jets to no end.

2. akibud

akibud Active Member

thanks for the lesson on the slot receiver, I assume after all that, he will be listed as the 3rd wide receiver on the teams depth chart??

3. akibud

akibud Active Member

agreed... I've noticed that as well. We've all been very pleased with the O line but the QB does seem to get sacked, hurried, and knocked around a lot. I see other teams QB using 5 and 7 step drops and still getting 3-5 seconds to get the ball off. Even last nights game between the packers and the bears, rodgers used a lot of deep drops to set up his passes. I guess our schemes are just not up to snuff with the rest of the league, and to think that we still have a shot going into this week.

4. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

This is exactly right.

5. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

I gotta agree, we have made hill, losman, wallace et al, look like fkn tom brady....their receivers are wide open, i mean with no jet in sight, yet our WR have to contend with pressure and hands in faces etc...when it counts, we go missing...

waste of a season

6. Sect120

Sect120 Member

IFYP, Favre underthrew by about 6 yards. Not only did Clowney stop, but it was still behind him.

Favre, has sucked all season.