The Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MaximusD163, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I'm thinking more like AA.

2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Why do so many on this board think a coach can just move laterally to the same position with another team? They can’t. Unless he gets a head coaching job (which he won’t, because he’s a dick) then he’s all yours for the duration of his contract (unless fired of course).

It is interesting we no longer see the lateral move at coordinator with an additional “assistant head coach” title. That used to happen frequently back in the day. Did they outlaw that?

3. Ralebird

The NFL recognizes only two categories in coaching - Head coaches and everything else. The upward progression that is protected is only into the head coach slot.

4. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I want to see and think we'll see an OL overhaul. The second priority is getting edge rushers. I don't think the Jets will draft a wide receiver in the 1st round. Having a strong O-line makes decent receivers into great receivers and not vice versa.

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Jets are NOT set on the D side. They need legitimate edge rushers.

Vida, stinkyB and matt robinson 17 like this.
  6. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Need a corner too

Vida, Cman68 and stinkyB like this.
  7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Give him the Revis treatment and pay him $1 more..... "Congrats, you're now the highest paid safety in the NFL"

Vida likes this.
  8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Ya vol mein Capitan.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I was referring to the context of the quote from joe d that was in my post you quoted. As far as controlling the line of scrimmage, we are set on the d side.

10. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I actually called them when I got home. You can't get a real or an enhanced driver's license there and the only offices for renewal in NY are in Smithtown and somewhere else in LI (which may as well be in North Dakota from where I live). Oh, well, I don't have to deal with those malcontents for another 15 years, so that's good. What a bunch of miserable humps. Now you have to stand in line to GET a ticket. WTF. I was trying to knock off my license and passport renewal in one day. Silly me.

A big, fat, FYI for everyone: even if your driver's license isn't up for renewal in NY, MAKE SURE YOU UPGRADE TO A REAL LICENSE FROM A STANDARD ONE. If you don't, and you don't have a VALID U.S. PASSPORT, you will NOT be able to fly DOMESTICALLY, and you will also NOT be able to fly to Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. So, if you have that trip to Disneyland planned with the kiddies, upgrade your license or bring your passport(s) or you can't get on the plane. Check with your airline if you don't believe me. I hope I just saved someone a world of hassle.

EDIT: Other than Cuomo finally giving adult adoptees in the state of New York access to their original birth certificates (a day I honestly thought I'd never see in my life time), he's an IDIOT about the Green Light Law. Licenses don't state citizenship, that's what REAL licenses are for, because you can't get one without proof of it; but you CAN use a standard license to vote. What the fck with this guy. Does this make sense to anyone?

Back to on-topic, this is where Joe Douglass gets to show his mettle. I'll eat my Jets hat if the OL isn't addressed. It has to be, right? I said RIGHT?! Wait, I have a lot of Jets hats. I really don't want to have emergency surgery from a twisted bowel because I can't pass them.

#70 jetophile, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    Zach and Br4d like this.
  11. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll draft an inside DL! LOL

mrjet80 likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So sorry to hear that AAA in NY apparently doesn't do verified license renewals any more. AAA in CT does and there are 8 offices in the state that handle that service. I used to be lucky and I'd have a short 10 minute drive to Waterford to get this done. I think I went to Avon last time, which was a 45 minute affair on 84. The closest DMV at the time was 20 minutes away

13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

DL and LBs I could see that they are set. But as already stated we need some outside rushers and major overhaul at CBs. Still some holes.

mrjet80 likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

my point was referring to joe d’s quote about it starting with the line of scrimmage. We are set there in the d side so expect a ton of moves aim at the o line.

15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

OL, EDGE and CB are going to be the Jets main areas of activity this off season plus WR and possibly RB. How and in what order is to be determined …..

Vida likes this.
  16. I expect OL,edge & corner to be the focus & to be absolutely disgusted as per usual WR/Skill will get shunned.

Still no X WR on the roster & i dont expect RA to re-sign.Bell might be toast & the only other legit full time RB is Powell. But OL solves everything right?

#76 KurtTheJetsFan, Jan 10, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2020
    J-Raw24 likes this.
  17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

OL, WR/Skill and CB should be our focus this draft. Would I love to address Edge too? Sure maybe take a flier in the late rounds but can't do repair everything in one draft.

18. Ralebird

Probably this license discussion should be moved to the BS section but I have never needed any kind of license or other ID in order to vote, and I've been doing that for a very long time.

19. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Just a thought but would anyone have the time or patience to actually work through the offseason from signing our own free agents, other fa, draft more fa and trades with a group of people. I think it would be amusing to see if the fans could do better than the actual FO. There are several of you here that are actually pretty decent at talent and understand football. Some of which have differing point of view.

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I'm sure many here could do better than the last few FO's we've had. Hopefully, the same won't be said about Douglas and Co, but the jury is still out on him.