The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Anyone glad to see the Jets made the college guys break down film at the combine. I bet Herm talked to them about kool-aid and getting on the bus.

2. MeanGreen80

MeanGreen80 New Member

Im very suprised the falcons wouldnt jump at the chane to do a straight up trade of their first rounder for Abe. IMO they would actually win that trade, i didnt have any idea how important one first rounder is.

3. JetFanInMiami

JetFanInMiami Member

Atalnta is trying to suck away as much as they possibly can from us and this trade if it happens will take forever. We cant be putting any of our early picks into this trade or it just isn't worth it. They are already getting our game changer with j abe for just their backup qb n a 2nd pick.

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I think it has been reported the Broncos are beginning to run low on cap room and they said Abe's asking price is too high...I don't see a deal with Denver happening.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Brodie Croyle said his interview with the Jets was the most intense one he had.

6. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Michael Smith is the single biggest Pats homer in the national media. If you think hes going out of his way to make the Jets look good, youve got another thing coming.

And frankly, he didnt say much at all about the Jets organization that wasnt already known. They arent blown away by any of the QBs in this draft, they had extensive interviews with a lot of college prospects, they need a quarterback, they like Schaub.

7. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

The Jets and the Falcons are not going to make a deal.

GET OVER IT ALREADY!

I dont think Abe is going anywhere.

8. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

Jets Give - Abe, 4th rounder
    Falcons Give- Schaub, 2nd rounder

9. PennyandtheJets

I am not going to say it won't get done nor will I say it will get done. Anything can happen.

10. PennyandtheJets

That's the deal I proposed last night. I think it could work.

11. cowboyup

cowboyup New Member

Touche' :breakdance:

12. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Mmmm. I guess...

13. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

As you well know, there will always be bad deals, the key is making enough good ones to fill a balance. I do not think the Jets FO will mess this one up. They have not jumped at anything yet, and are playing it cautiously. They will get a first rounder or a Starting Calibre QB for Abe, i have faith.

14. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Something similar-

Jets Give - Abe, Bollinger
    Falcons Give- Schaub, 2nd rounder

Bollinger's value is not a late round pick. His value is solid backup quarterback who has NFL experience.

15. 1028

1028 Active Member

Screw them, hes a FA next season anyway, grab him then. Their loss

16. Hazardous Waters

I'd take Shaub over Ramsey over Harrington

If we can't get Shaub, We should draft Leinart..and if we do get Shaub, draft Hawk. I trust the Matts and not Pat and Joey.

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

He is a restricted FA next year, are you willing to give a 1st and 3rd for him next year?? Didn't think so..

18. Buttle

Buttle New Member

If you start ignoring value every team will take advanatage of you. Abe straight up for Schaub is a much better value trade for than the one proposed by the OP. I can't imagine a trade anymore lopsided than the one proposed by the OP.

Assuming Schaub will be a pro-bowler is quite an assumption there. I would be happy if he could come in and be an average NFL QB. That in itself would be a longshot for any unproven QB. For every Dan Marino there are 100 Browning Nagles out there. Finding a decent QB cannot be willed or even expected. You have to be quite lucky. There is no sure thing. While I would rather have Schaub for a reasonable amount than an unproven first round rookie he is just like every other unproven QB a long shot to succeed in the NFL.

Who cares if Schaub beats the odds and becomes a quality QB its the reasoning, thought and decison making process that should be judged most harshly not the end result. if you ignore the decison maing process hoping for a longshot to come in as the previous poster suggests basically all you do is end up throwing your money away playing the lottery. Building a successful franchise is about making many many sound decisions not putting all your eggs in one baskek hoping to you can beat the odds. Rather thats a recipe for disaster.

#178 Buttle, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  19. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

i dont know since we a have r selfs a C i think we need a RT

20. rickobs

rickobs New Member

Has anybody thought about the fact that any team trading for Abraham needs to sign him... Culpepper was worth just a 2nd rounder... Abe ain't worth more then that.

My vote is trade Abe and our 1st to NO for their 1st so we get leinert for sure... if we can get a 3rd rounder in 07 from NO in the process then great.