The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

What.. no Vinny?

2. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

this is GARBAGE....................they get a probowl DE, we get a backup QB and a 2nd rounder AND WE HAVE TO SWAP 1ST ROUNDERS???????? I DONT THINK SO

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

agree 100%

4. CmartinHOF

CmartinHOF New Member

R U KIDIDING ME??????? we have way too many needs to pick a TE with the first rounder

5. Buttle

Buttle New Member

According to the draft value chart the differnce between the 4th pick and the 15th pick in the 1st round is equivalent to the 20th pick in the draft. 4th pick = 15th +20th. In other words this trade is same as giving the Falcons Abe and the 20th pick in the draft for Shuab and a mid second rounder. A very bad value for the Jets. Our new FO and HC might be wet behind the ears but even they are not that incompetent.

6. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

One of our glaring needs is a bigtime offensive playmaker. Davis definitely fits that bill.

7. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Well Conway wasn't aquired in a trade, so that was a little different.

8. Youth Is Served

Youth Is Served New Member

Mario will be gone.
    Oelhoffen doesnt play NT in the 3-4 scheme.

Next question

9. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

I agree with Evil Clown Face (never thought I put that grouping of words together in my life). We do need not only an offensive play maker but a good blocking tight end. From what I hear, Davis is a freakish stud in both areas.

10. jetliberty

jetliberty New Member

Check out the falcons site

Sorry, do not have the link. I read that it was reported on one of their radio stations that the Falcons want Abe and our 1st Rd pick to do this trade. We would not switch 1st Rd picks with the Falcons. We would be nuts to do this.

11. PinPointPenning10

We obviously wouldn't do that.

12. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

13. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

If we do I'll be the first to jump on the dump Jet FO people.

14. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Abe and #4 for Schaub, #15, their 2nd rounder, their 3rd rounder, and 2007 1st and 2nd/3rd rounder. If they say no, then screw 'em.

15. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

True.... But it's all abour bad deals. I don't want any more bad Jet deals.

16. PinPointPenning10

This is what I would do. In a 3-4, take Hawk.

Front 7:

Ellis-D-Rob-Kimo
    Hawk-Hobson-Vilma-Barton

In a 4-3, take Super Mario

Front 7:

Ellis-Kimo-D-Rob-Mario
    Hobson-Vilma-Barton

Either way would be good, I think we will play a 3-4 and then our front 7 looks awesome with Hawk, Vilma, Barton, Ellis.

Still though, I think it will be D-Brick. I wouldn't mind trading down for DeAngelo or Vernon Davis either.

17. cowboyup

cowboyup New Member

Ramsey vs Harrington. - Merged

I just read this post on Extremeskins - Kinda interesting:

So now you're a team like the Bucs, Ravens, Raiders, or Jets, and you're trying to decide which QB you want to compete with your supposed starter (Simms, Boller, Walter, Pennington) who's on a bit of a hot seat. Who do you pick?

Let's look at their averages, shall we?

Ramsey:

34 games played, 24 games started
    480 completions, 861 attempts (55.7 completion percentage)
    5,649 yards
    6.6 yards per completion
    236 yards per game started
    34 TDs, 29 INTs
    83 yards rushing, 2 rushing TDs
    Career QB rating: 75.0

Harrington:

58 Games played, 55 games started
    986 completions, 1802 attempts (54.7 completion percentage)
    10,242 yards
    5.7 yards per completion
    186 yards per game started
    60 TDs, 62 INTs
    345 yards rushing, 0 TDs
    Career QB rating: 68

Even with the opportunity to start more games than Ramsey, Harrington has shown very little improvement. In four seasons in the NFL, he's had completion percentages of 50, 55, 56 and 57 percent. That's enough to get you benched everywhere else, and there's no sign of a learning curve on the boy's behalf. Ramsey, on the other hand: 52, 53, 62, 61.

Despite being drafted #3 overall, Harrington still can't cut it in an NFL offense. Out of the three QBs drafted in the first round in 2002, Harrington has the worst fumbles/INT ratio (1.3 turnovers per game); the poorest yards per attempt (not even 6); and the worst yards per game average (a ghastly 186).

Honestly, folks - it's not even close.

18. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

If Atlanta doesn't like our offer of Abraham for Schaub and 2nd rounder, then why don't we sweeten the pot by throwing Bollinger into the deal? I'm assuming the Jets would still be targeting Leinart in the draft. We wouldn't really have much need for Bollinger at that point.

19. bigoakley

bigoakley New Member

value schmalue, the jets need to get this deal done asap. sure schuab is a "back-up" qb on paper, and i would love nothing more than to see chad play a full year and schuab sit behind him, but schuab is a future pro bowler barring injury. he's got all the tools and he's had the right football education. there's a reason why the dolphins felt they "settled" for culpepper when they couldn't trade for schuab. people work in the nfl because they have professional level knowledge about football and football players...hence it's not crazy talk when people in the league talk about schaub being a future star. there's a reason why his ascent is almost exactly the same as farve and hasslebeck. he's gonna be the man, just like everyone knew those guys were gonna be rock solid.

sure we'd technically be giving up a "pro bowl player (abe) for a back-up qb," but if you really see it being that cut and dry, you honestly don't understand football. look at the big picture people. abraham doesn't want to play here. we can win games without him. he's not a leader and doesn't bring anything to the table other than outstanding raw athletic ability. if schaub turns into the guy everyone thinks he can be, trading a disgruntled DE for a franchise QB is brilliant. plus we can take an RB at #15, and address the O-line and D-line with 2 picks in the top half of the second round, not to mention having another pick shortly after with the 4th pick in the 3rd round.

GET THIS DEAL DONE.

20. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Fat chance! That team is trying to rip us off. I hope the Jets go back to the Broncos....