The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

We could also trade down.

2. JetsFan7817

JetsFan7817 Member

You must have difficulty with reading comprehension. Where did I put Schaub in that trade?

Many people are saying that they will only do the deal if Schaub is included or the #15 overall pick is included. I think that ATL's 2nd and 3rd round pick, plus a first day pick in the 07 draft could be a solid deal. ATL keeps their #1 and Schaub, we get good value.

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Given the huge money that a QB like Leinart, Young, or Cutler would get, compared to Schaub's low salary, I'm not sure if there is less risk in drafting one of the big three.

4. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Are you a season ticket holder? Can I get dibs for when you off yourself?

5. Atopps

Atopps Member

why are you upset that someone actually writes positively about the jets.. or is actually *GASP* Objective? i certainly like the tone of that article for a change..

6. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

I don't like Michael Smith at all, but that is a good read.

You can't argue that Schaub is the safest bet.

7. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I would take Mario, but it will probably be D-Brick.

8. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

Schaub only manhandled the Patriots and the Vikings in the only oportunities he was given. Leinart (and I'm a huge fan) has not done squat.

We're going to lose Abe, and we're getting a late 1st at best for him. That means we need a QB and a DE/LB in the 1st round. You're not getting a game changer at either position even late in the 1st.

Do this deal for Schaub, and draft Hawk or Mario in the top 10. With multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks work on RT and NT, and maybe grab a CB. Play our cards right and we're not even rebuilding anymore.

9. 1028

1028 Active Member

Is it Abe for Schaub and a 3rd? I thought it was Schaub and a 2nd...

10. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

This is why i like shaub if we do not get ramsey. I do not want a rookie draft selection.

11. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

I agree Schaub would be a great pickup.But............................. Atlanta has said hes ot available so whats all the talk about?

12. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

I want mario williams. Oelhoffen can play NT.

13. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

First, if the only pick we'll ge this year in addition to Schaub is a 3rd, then I think we should push for another 3rd in the 2007 draft, then I'd feel a little better...

Second, I don't think we're thinking seriously about Hawk given this TN guy we seem very interested in. I could see us making a draft day trade down to 7 with Oakland who will then pick up Cutler at 4. We use 7 on best available, either Ngata or the freak tight end Davis, then pick O-line with the extra 2nd and 3rd (or 4th) we get from Oakland...

14. BroadwayMike

BroadwayMike New Member

I was thinking that if this deal went down, then I really wanted AJ Hawk. However, Cimini said in his chat on JN that the 4th pick of an ILB in a 3-4 "is a waste of value." Hmm, never thought of it that way. I guess, a trade down would be the best scenario then.

I love Maroney, but that would probably be 2 trade downs, like to around 17 or so...

15. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Don't get me wrong. I'm not upset. I'm just saying he stands out among national writers in being pro-Jets.

16. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

This Schaub hype makes Cutler look like he's in the little leagues. the guy put up 28 points against a NE D that had no D backfield, and he still lost. His QB rating (and I do hate this stat) is miserable, but so is his completion %. He has started TWO freakin games, and he's the next coming of Marino.

He may be a good QB, but he certainly hasn't proven that yet. He has become the single most over rated prospect in this year's NFL scuttlebutt. Let Atlanta keep him. Get Greise to to start the first 8 games, put Cutler in, and away we go.

17. EvilClownFace

EvilClownFace New Member

Given this trade scenario I would target Davis, D. Williams, or Ngata with the 7. In that order.

18. 1028

1028 Active Member

Id trade down and take Vernon Davis. Then oline from then on, with Addai thrown in the mix somewhere as well

19. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Right about everything except Griese. This guy makes Chad look durable. He's coming off a massive injury. I don't think he is much of an option.
    Not to sound like a broken record, but... If you want durability, AB is as durable as a good set of Michelins.

20. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Griese was thrown in there as a bit of sarcasm..... I'd rather see Bolly start the firts 8 games, actually!