The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Sknsnation

Sknsnation New Member

Hey guys I just dropped in to say congrats on the signing of Patrick. I have to say Spurrier almost got the kid killed with his no protection schemes,but Patrick never once complained, and i dont think he ever could find his niche with Gibbs. That being said,he has always been a class act,especially this last yr after being pulled in the 1st quarter of the 1st game,through it all Patrick was all class,he's a good man, he wants so bad to succed,and i wish him and the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS NOTHING BUT THE BEST, just not when we play. HTTR

2. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Yeah I think Gibbs definitely did not give the a real shot. I really hope he comes here and gives Penny a run for his money. Like I said before his ego was shot in Washington with the shit he put up with. Lets see what happens!

Goodluck to you guys even though I am still hurt about the Moss trade hopefully we can recify it with this .

3. skinman1

skinman1 New Member

A point of view about Patrick Ramsey from a Redskin's fan.First I would like to say that Ramsey is a class act and a team player.You have got a great Q.B. with a Rocket arm than can thread the needle and put a football in places that other Q.b.'s can not.Ramsey got a raw deal having to come into the Nfl under Steve Spurrier and got banged up badly but that was three years ago and he has had time to overcome this.The two years under Gibbs watching films and getting some playing time has help develop him.I know everyone thinks because Gibbs benched him in week one that he can not play and that is not true.Gibbs made a promise to Mark Brunell that he would be the starting Quarterback.Gibbs was looking for any excuse that would land Brunell the starting job back again(a job he lost to Ramsey in 2004).In 2005, week one against the Bears playing at home Ramsey came into the game the starter and lost the job because(Get this now)he was moving the ball for the team and was inside the redzone looking to score and defensive player came offsides and put a clothesline tackle on Ramsey to the head.They checked him out at halftime and he was fine and Ramsey was ready to play but Gibbs had his chance to get his boy(brunell) back in there.The skins won the game with three field goals and not the great of play from Brunell.The rest is history and Brunell did good for us(thanks to moss).I still think Ramsey can play and play very well!!!!!I have some highlight videos of Ramsey stored on my P.C. if any mods would like them to post.I can try to e-mail them to you.

4. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Thanks for that note of optimism.

I think this will guarantee the Jets do not take a QB at #4.

It will be either Ferguson, M. Williams or a trade down.

I must say you Redskins fans have been very civil and intelligent in your appearances on the Jets Boards.

I'd like to say the same about Falcon fans..but I can't.

But maybe that's because the Ramsey trade is over and the Abraham trade is not :)

5. skinman1

skinman1 New Member

Thanks C.T. Jets fan.I try to represent my team well.I am serious about helping the board out and getting some vids up of Ramsey so you guys can see what you got.I will leave that up to mods on the board.I got some real got shots of him hooking up with Coles.

6. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Well, I'm sort of new here so I hope those guys get in touch.
    I would love to see them

7. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Yes we got ramsey i knew it, now you will see all he needed was a change of enviornment.

8. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

[​IMG]

Now that we got Ramsey draft a Trojan. You can never have enough protection for a stud like Pennington.

#708 winstonbiggs, Mar 19, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  9. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

A veteran to compete for the starting job CAN NEVER be a bad thing.

10. ab3

ab3 Banned

typical pompous jets thinking they made the right move,, 4 and 12 next year,, i was right last year adfter the dismal start, and I'll be right again this year,, doom and glomm?, no reality...patrick ramsey starting qb when matt lienert will be there for the taking?? you make the call.. dbrick as first pick wow

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Okay, why were the Ramsey thread merged with the Abe threads? Now the entire thing makes no sense.

12. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

still no trade done...

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Now it says Saturday morning. They had put up that article hours before you posted. They keep updating with details.

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Under the new CBA, you are right. Under the old CBA, a team could keep franchising a player, giving him the average of the top 5 players at the position or a 20% pay raise over the previous season, whichever was higher.
    Now, it's different. You can franchise him two years like that (the first year is usually average of top 5 at position, and 2nd year usually ends up being the 20% raise), but the 3rd year would require you to pay the average of the top 5 in the NFL (QBs like Manning, Mexico, etc.). After that, you would no longer be allowed to franchise tag the player.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Blank has given orders down not to trade Schaub.

16. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

And I have given orders to my wife....

Lowes instead of Home Depot!

17. skinman1

skinman1 New Member

If there are any "myspace" users out there.I put some of my Ramsey highlight vids up.Go under sports and in search button type in Ramsey2004wk17 and Ramsey2004wk17prt2.It should pull them up.If you are not a user you can register there and it's free and if you have not seen the site it's pretty cool.www.myspace.com

18. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

thanks for the heads up. now, we can get rid of noodle arm after june 1st.

between ramsey, bolly, and a draft/project qb, we can spend money on building the rest of the offense instead of $64 million on a myth.:shit: :mad: :beer:

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Funny how inconsequential this news has become. We all thought he'd be our starter right now. If he was I bet we'd be like 3-7

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Ramsey looked absolutely awful in Camp. I don't think Mangini ever once considered him anything but a boat anchor from Day One. It was pretty obvious from the start.