The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. hazmat

hazmat New Member

haha Schaub and the 15th for abraham, thats nuts

2. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

Thats bull. Great players win the starting job. If Ramsey can't take the pressure of competing in Washington imagine how he will fold in New York. And yeah Gibbs doesn't like him but Gibbs is not Rich Kotite. Were talking about a great coach here and his opinion should matter. Think about how bad Ramsey must be for Gibbs to go with Brunell over him.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

So no need to talk then. The Jets should just walk away ESPECIALLY since there's alreay a deal in place!

We have the upper hand and should get either one of those two or a 2nd this year & a 1st & 3rd/4th (incentive) next year

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I'm in a bar what was the deal?

5. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Its nuts but why settle for anything less. what has Schaub done to be rated any better than Ramsey.

6. 1028

1028 Active Member

Vernon Davis > Gates :up:

7. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Clayton was just on ESPN Sportcenter saying Atlanta is not going to trade Schaub..He also said there are 5 teams that have interest in him. Just letting you all know..

8. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

Screw Atl. We should really be telling them simple...give us your 1st rd or shaub and a pick or your done with abe.

9. njjet

njjet Member

Not a bad move for a 6th round pick with one year on his contract. We just might get lucky!

10. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Haha... I knew it what what...

11. Cwdownz

Cwdownz New Member

There is some flawed logic in there. Yes you guys own his contract due to the franchise tag. However he has to approve any trade you want to make by agreeing to terms with the intended trade team. So in reality he doesnt have to go where ever you send him. He is as much a part of getting this done as the Jets FO. Also saying that you will just Franchise him until hes old doesnt hold water either. A player can only be Franchised 3 times and on the 3rd time he is due the salary in line with the top 5 players in the game. No way can the Jets afford to do that especially for a malcontnet player who doesnt want to be there anyway. That simple.

12. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Maybe we can't maybe we can, but our FO is not going to let him or your FO tell us what we are going to do with him!

13. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

We aren't going to have massive contracts (ala NE) so we could afford it. Look up the name Walter Jones. We can do to Abe whatever we want. Basically the only say he has is if he wants to get out of NY, he'll go wherever we send him that simple. He has no leverage and neither do the Falcons.

14. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Or is it???

:eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy:

15. McCareins 81

McCareins 81 New Member

agreed, what a waste of a 6th rd. pick. The offseason just gets worse and worse.

16. Johnnytint

Johnnytint Member

No with the tag (last year) he gets the average of the top 5 players at his postition This year he gets a 20% pay raise. If he gets traded (to Atl say) they have rights to him just as the Jets did so if he doesnt want to play for the tag number he must sit out for a year

They can keep tagging him with a 20% pay raise per year ( we wont be doing that

17. Cwdownz

Cwdownz New Member

Dude you can bet my FO wants this done VERY bad. They just arent going to give up Schaub or the 15th to get it done. I bet you right now they are on the phone with you guys trying to get this done. I hope so anyway.

On a side note when have all of us ever had so mcuh fun during the offseason. This is great.

18. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

7 pages later, and I think I know less than when I started.

19. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

I dunno how I feel about this move. I guess it gives us depth but I still think QB is a priority in the draft.

20. Cwdownz

Cwdownz New Member

I wan under the impression that a player can only get tagged 3 times. And yes your right about the top 5 players in that posistion. Sorry I was wrong.