The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. rillo

rillo New Member

It would be great if we can get Schaub...this guy can play and i dont like the idea of drafting a QB. Especailly Leinart i think his overrated and has bust written all over him....but who knows. Get Schaub and trade out of the 4th spot...sure up the Oline for the kid....and lets kick some ass LOL. I believe like most pple on this board this would be a steal if we get this kid and one of their picks....even though Abe is a proven and nasty DE....its a chance we should take

2. rillo

rillo New Member

3. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

No Way To Schaub Deal

No way do we do any deal for this guy if it doesnt involve their 2nd and third rounder, plus we should not give up anything for that.We are giving away a proven commodity, pro bowler for what? Potential?If we want potential lets go get Matt Leinhart. This nonsesnse about his two games against the patriots need to stop.I would take Joey Harrinton, or virtually any QB including Brooks Bollinger, rather than do a dumb deal like this.Terry Bradway who has been oft criticized, will not even do this.THIS will be worse than getting a 4th rounder for " MR"YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME"

4. rillo

rillo New Member

AMEN......but 2nd and 3rd is a bit much no? I'll be happy with either one plus him....

5. JetsTillDeath

JetsTillDeath New Member

This is exactly what I suggested yesterday in another thread, I am with it and think it makes sense for both sides. If this happens I would take Brick or Hawk with the #4.

6. JetsFan7817

JetsFan7817 Member

ATL wants to send their 2nd and 3rd round picks this year for Abe? If they include a first day pick in 07, I think I'd bite.

06 2nd + 06 3rd + 07 3rd for John Abraham

We'd have #4 overall, 2 2nds, 3 3rds, and an extra 3rd next year. I might be willing to throw in a late round pick from this year.

7. rillo

rillo New Member

No way....no Schaub....no deal JMO

8. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

by adding a conditional pick in the 07 draft - the jets just may have to bite without getting the QB in return.

i tell you a 2 and 3 this year - the falcons pick towards the middle of the pack - with a conditional pick next year as high as a 2nd if abe gets double digit sacks/pro bowl.

i just might do that, get ramsey in the fold and go into the year with CP and ramsey. rome wasn't built in 1 century so why do the jets have to build in 1 year. we would have a plethora of picks to rebuild the trenches this year.

jil

9. jilozzo

we have to remeber the falcons got burned when they dealt favre to the packers and they want NOTHING to do with any kind of repeat scenario. if schaub turns out to be a playoff starting QB then........ its a public relations mess for blank

jil

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

If the JETS bite, They are retarded.
    Why?
    All Atl was doing was acting like Schaub was untradeable just so the Jets could bring their offer down.

We originally were going for their 1st round now we lowered our asking and will accept less?
    Why? Because Atl played us.

11. rillo

rillo New Member

They have micheal vick....and all the money is invested in him, also schuab is in his last year of his contract...chances are that he wants to start next year..not ride the pine for the rest of his career (even thought vick will get hurt)...also they get a proven pro bowler DE that would be an instant upgrade to their D.....I seriously doubt that ATL will be able to resign Matt as a backup especially with all the intrest from other teams

12. jilozzo

tee

thats obvious and is negotiating 101 but abraham IMO is at a point of no return.....and the jets seem hell bent on trading him now so.....

the balance of power is not with the jets unfortunately.

remeber parcells trading hugh douglas to the eagles for a 2 and 5. abe is a bit of a different player but when other teams know you need to make a move then its a buyers dream

jil

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

A buyer wanting to sell doesn't change the demand one bit. The teams who want Abe are competiting with each other to make a deal. The Jets are only in a bad position if Abe is asking more than the market will bear for his services and there are cheaper alternatives available.

14. JetsFan7817

JetsFan7817 Member

Jilozzo,

I was thinking a conditional 07 pick as well. It could be based on playing time or sack totals. I do think that a first day pick in 07 would be necessary for me to accept, even if he played less than 8 games next year.

Somebody on this board laughed at me and told me I was on drugs because I suggested Abe was worth more than ATL's 2nd and 3rds from this year in addition to another first day pick. Now people are saying I'm on drugs because I'd be willing to do a deal without ATL's 1st rd pick or Schaub? Gotta love this place.

15. billo83

billo83 Member

I was thinking the same thing the other way:

Falcs give Schaub, 2nd, and another 2nd day pick

Jets give Abe, and conditional pick next year tied to Schaubs performance.

Remember that Abe is a proven pro bowl player, where Schaub is an unproven player with potential. This IMO is fair for both sides but the Falcs probably will not bite. Anything less, tell the Falcs to take a hike.

16. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Shaub isn't leaving Atlanta unless they sign a compitent back up first...
    Shaub is a pipe dream for many a GG poster

Ellis

17. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

You have to remember two things: 1) Abraham doesn't want to play for the Jets any longer, we don't really want him because he's not a team guy and everyone in the leauge knows it. So we need to be realistic about what we can get for him. A mid first rounder (Atlanta's #15) is a high cost for a soon to be 28 year old guy who will command more money than the #15 would. I would have no problem tossing in the #4 we got from KC for Herm if they also give us their 2. Shoot, I'm surprised we got someone to pay us for KookAid boy. 2) The Jets should not be contemplating moving up in the draft for a quarterback given all their holes. So, we need to find our quarterback of the future in this draft, and what it comes down to is this: do you like an unproven Cutler more than a somewhat less unproven Shaub. And the Jets seem to saying the latter.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

If you don't believe in Schaub enough to bet on him, we are better off signing Brooks as an FA and trading Abe for a lower first round pick. We have to many holes to screw around with an iffy franchise QB.

19. Warrior

Warrior Member

Jets will not give up a draft pick just to move up in rounds in this trade. As far as the Jets are concerned they want to maintain the quantity of draft picks to build the team. They see a 4th round pick as valuable as a second round pick. If they give a pick with Abe in the trade and get a draft pick and Schaub they'll view the trade as Abe for Schaub. Won't happen. Jets want an additional pick.

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I love it... I have been saying since before the season ended I wanted Schuab in Hempsted next year. I felt he was better than Phillip Rivers coming out of college. I like his size and arm, plus he will be incredible in our style of offense. Getting him and a 3rd rounder for Abe is really like getting a 1st and a 3rd. I really feel Matt has that type of value. Lets face it Schuab has been in the league for 2 seasons and has learned and matured in a pro offense. The guy is ready to start and if we can get our QB of the future and an additional 3rd round pick that would be incredible.

I know many of you look at this as Abe for a backup QB and a 3rd rounder but trust me this is a franchise QB and a 3rd rounder for a guy that isn't gonna be here anyway. Schuab is w/o a question the best back up QB in the league and he would start on an a bunch of teams around the NFL. The only reason he isn't starting in Atlanta, actually there are a hundred million reasons why he isn't starting in Atlanta. The Falcons would have been a playoff team last year with Schuab and bringing him to NY would have me happier than a pig in you know what.....

BTW one more post to 3000...... woo hoo!!!