The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

This really stinks, it's a good deal, but I'm very upset because it means no Shaub and no Leinart. Hopefully we'll get the 15th from the Falcons now, but I wanted to add a better QB.

Unless, I don't know if this is possible, but the Falcons didn't want to trade Shaub because they wouldn't have a reliable backup for Vick. Could we trade Ramsey there? I doubt that would happen though, because the Falcons would've just traded for Ramsey themselves if they were giong to trade Shaub.

2. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Off the top of my head, Hasselbeck and Bulger were also drafted in the 6th round I believe.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

horrible analogy. the fact that he provided specifics, that being will absolutely be announced this afternoon, isn't the same as taking a chance on a statistical probability. this wasn't a guess, it was an announcement, there is a difference.

it's funny how you guys take offense to not only predictions but also when someone is right. it is obvious cowboyup wasn't making a prediction but letting us in on news he somehow had early. everyone here thinks they are an expert and knows everything, which is the reason you guys take offense when somebody does know more than you, because it reveals you don't know anything at all.

I understand being skeptical, but learn to take things when a grain of salt as well instead of jumping down peoples throats all the time.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

For a 6th rounder isn't bad, but why Ramsey? They must have figured Schaub was a non-possibility. I hope this means we are picking a QB in the draft.

5. Cinvis

Cinvis New Member

Its less of a steal, if you consider he is an UFA next year. I heard his salary is fairly hefty this year as well (for a backup).

6. jdjets

jdjets New Member

why not, anyway , ramsey enjoy your beating cause its gonna be long and hard.

7. parafly

parafly New Member

This is a very nice pickup. He will bring some solid NFL starting experience to the team, and he should give Chad some competition in Training Camp. For a sixth round pick, you really can't ask for more.

Hopefully, he just needs a change of scenary and could become a potent part of our offense. He is young and has alot of upside. I can honestly see Schottenheimer Jr. doing for him the same he did for Drew Brees.

Once again, a great move by our Front Office.

8. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

that's great - I wanted Ramsey for a long time. At worst, this gives us a ton of options in the draft, so I'm pleased about that. And hey, if we can turn him around, then great, a nice young QB for cheap.

9. cowboyup

cowboyup New Member

I didn"t take it personal - I love the banter

10. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

11. Spike_D

Spike_D Active Member

49ers interested in Abe?

Just looking to see if anyone else has heard this. Friend listening to Fox radio said he heard that the 49ers had interest in Abe now. Them having lost Carter to Washington and lookin for replacment ... and having the 6th overall pick.

Again "I" did not hear this myself. Its second hand info ... just wondering if any of you heard this also.

I can't see them giving up the 6th straight up if it is true ...

12. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Did you even read my post?

13. Hazardous Waters

I'd be cool with a 6th overall straight up.

14. MiamiJet420

MiamiJet420 New Member

How about we package up Ramsey with Abe and our 3rd rounder for Schaub and their 2nd rounder?

15. ACertainShade

ACertainShade Banned

$1.688 Mil for backup of his skill, steal

16. NYJetFan37

NYJetFan37 New Member

Meh, he's done nothing in his NFL career

17. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

Me thinks I might have just told our new QB to go F himself and that he was 'eer.

This would not be good. I read all his posts; there is 50/50 odds he could have been Ramsey.

#397 GreenHornet, Mar 17, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  18. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

I dont mind the deal at all. It comes cheap and he will provide some competition for Chad. Plus he is used to getting hammered behind the line.
    There is still a chance that the Jets will pick a QB in the draft. Of course that would mean that Brooks days with the Jets are history. The Jets still dont have their QB of the future.
    Unless Ramsey is lights out, he is just a stop gap.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

statements like this reveal more about the person making them than who they are directed at. if you think someone needs competition brought in to light a fire under them to get them to work harder or lose their job it is probably because you yourself don't work hard at work and need someone brought in to compete with you to light a fire under you to do your job well or risk getting fired, but I hardly doubt Chad does.

like him or not, he's a professional and has never carried himself in any way other than one, and being professional means working hard and doing your job as well as you can. how well he has done it may be debatable, but I don't think anyone can ever claim it was because of a lack of effort or care.

20. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

That would be awesome....Take a QB at 4 and OL at 6