The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Yeah but there's no way the Falcons will offer a 1st or second rounder. And in my eyes Schaub is a back up. Back up Qb.........

2. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Abraham is as good as out the door, and we want compensation for abe because of his ability, but again he is out the door, and we need to get rid of him before the season starts and before the draft, so getting schaub and a second round pick is something to think about. Because schaub can be our starter easily.

Dont see matt as the falcons backup see him as our starter.

3. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just hope the crap that happened with Miami and Feeley doesn't happen to us because if we don't get a good enough pick along with Schaub it could happen

4. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Let's get serious. How the hell has Matt proved himself to be better than Chad Pennington? If Chad comes back from his injury and acts like that old Chad of 2002 and the one who played well in 04 then Schaub is nothing at all. What games has Schaub been in? What has he accomplished in the NFL? This guy is so overrated to me. Besides, wouldn't it be better to get a player who would most likely start on our team and not be a back up? What a risk idea. Don't potentially waste this oppertunity trade Jets.....

5. Bawden

Bawden New Member

Whats the big deal about Schaub?

Why does everyone love this guy? I don't know Im sure he is good but to go out of our way? We can draft a QB even in the 2nd round, We can even wait till next year! Why do we covet Shaub? Bollinger held his own. Chad is coming back and right now we have a SHOT at getting Leinart, Cutler, Young, or Croyle all who I think would be better then Schaub. Is it just me?

6. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

This could fall into the other catergory. I'm merging it....

7. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

i disagree dino, this guy could be, will be a steal for us if this trade goes thru. I mean look at delhomme, what did he do before he signed with carolina. I liked what i saw about the guy when he started for atl. and based how our FO is trying to rebuild this team this would seem like the logical move. I say get this trade done, if we can wait them out for a 2nd great, but if atl has to sign him before the trade then we will have to settle for the 3rd which wouldn't be so bad.

8. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

But don't you think we don't need this "steal"?

First of all we have Chad Pennington. Second of all we have the #4 draft pick and good trade up. We could draft Lienart, Young, or Cutler which I also believe would all be better options than Schaub. I see those three rookies with lots more potential. And now that Chad still remains on the team. It just doesn't seem like the Jets are looking to rebuild at the QB possition. They shouldn't.

9. CurtIsDaMan

CurtIsDaMan New Member

If this trade goes through and we get Schaub how does the QB situation then stack up? Pennington and Schaub battle thru' camp to be starter and Bollinger stays as #3? Schaub installed as starter? And if Pennington's shoulder proves he can't do it anymore what happens for 2007?

10. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

DINO i agree that chad is tremendously better tha schaub but if chad can be the player he once was with those injuries schaub can take the reigns, he proved he can play, by playing those 2 games he showed fire and the will to lead a team.

If chad can play then chad is our starter, but if he cant then why not schaub? Im not in love with matt but he has played in the west coast offense and lead the team to scoring drives, although those games were lost, he still proved he can play, he is 24 years old and can be easily molded.

If we draft a QB are they going to be better than matt? As of now the answer is no. They can be better than matt but matt has played and studied in the NFL so he has the advantage. And with brian schottenheimer schooling him he will be a better QB.

11. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

I believe the real question is why would the staff not ditch Pennington and save all the money if we're just bringing in a potential replacement.

Mark my words. Chad will be the opening day starter.

12. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

If Chad can't then we should draft a QB. Do what SD did. It's a way better option.

2 games?
    2 games.......

That really doesn't cut it for me. Leinart may have played 0 games so far but who would pass him up for Schaub? Not me.

13. O'Brien7

O'Brien7 New Member

Well put. Leinart over Schaub anyday :up:

14. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

You are overrating the fact that he has only played in 2 games. First of all he is only 24. Second of all he has all the tools to succeed. Number three, why not give the Jets front office a chance to show their worth? Maybe they have been studying this guy for awhile now and think he has what it takes.

If we do trade for Schaub I think you could see him on opening day.

Like you said its hard to pass on Leinart IF a trade is even available...but a ton of people dont realize te kings ransom we would have to pay to move to #1...

#34 PennyandtheJets, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  15. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Ok, can someone please explain to me the furor around Matt Schaub? This guy started 2 games for the Falcons and lost both.

What is so special about this guy?

16. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

He's young and talented, with the chance to be a very good starting QB for the next 10-12 years.

17. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I guarantee you there are plenty of people in the Falcons organization that would LOVE to make Schaub the starting QB over Vick. But the money invested in Vick, and the money he brings in due to his popularity make it nearly impossible to make the move. You're acting as though Schaub has been given a chance to be the starting QB and has failed, when that is not the case at all. Leinart is probably a better prospect, but I could see a team prefer Schaub. Cheaper, and has more raw ability.

18. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

This is all well and good. Sort of 50/50 on the trade. The only thing I am stong on is, if we do this, we do not draft a QB in the first round or even at all for that matter.

If the Jets FO thinks Schaub can eventually be they guy, then you have to respect it for now. They are a lot closer to it than we are.

If we do get Schaub, I like the idea of trading down out of the #4 spot.

19. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

but that is exactly how the titans fans felt after we got mccareins for a 2nd rounder, A 2ND ROUNDER!!!!!!!!!!

20. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member