The Official Ramsey is a Jet Thread!! Post your thoughts here.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GangGreen04, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yes it was. He was interviewed on NFL radio and when asked about the combine and interview process he said the Jets were his most intense interview. I was like damn, we're in good hands with the Mangini,Mr T combo..

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

This accuracy did not translate to the NFL. Not yet, at least. Some of it may be attributable to poor Atlanta wide receivers, sure.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

YES!

people are creaming over him because his good game was vs the PATS (who btw, gave up lots of yards/points all season)

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Also,
    -the Pats were not playing well at the time
    -Schaub had home cooking
    -the Falcons and the Great Schaub still lost

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

That's a total ripoff, and if it happens, I will be forced to go Darkside on this new regime before they have even pick their first player in the draft.

The least I would want is a stright up Abe for Schaub. I would rather trade Abe, and the Herm pick, for Schaub and their second rounder, or next year's one. That sounds like a lot, but we are talking about a legit Pro-Bowl elite pass-rushing DE and a QB that while he has lots of upside, could wind up a total bust.

I could also deal with Abe for their second this year, and their second or first next year. Again, it sounds like a lot, but see my reasoning above.

6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The Official Matt Schaub thread is Here!!

I see we're at it again folks! Zillions of threads about the same thing. Change a word here, a phrase there and bam! New Thread!

Well guess what? Its about to stop and I'm not gonna be merging 600 threads again either..

Read the board first BEFORE you start a thread on something. Its better than taking a day off....

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I'm not even thinking of that game. Myself, like a lot of other people, liked him as a prospect before that game, anyway.

8. Dr. Christian Troy

Dr. Christian Troy New Member

Who's Matt Schaub?

9. Big Derty

Big Derty Active Member

I would like to hear why you think Schaub is a Good fit

What the hell is the deal with Schaub. I dont understand how people have him valued so high. I have heard that the Jets are looking at Shaub and a 3rd for Abe. If this happens im going to lose my shit. Abe is worth their 15th straight up. Some of the scenarios that I have heard are complete bullshit.

I am so fed up with people being insistent that Schaub should be our guy next year, what the %&## has he done for anyone to be excited about him? Actually, what the hell has he done. Bollinger has played more than him, been around the pro game more that him and he looked damn good towards the end of the season. This fool had one good game againt the Pats and that it.

Can we please stop riding this guys nuts. John Abraham IS a top five DE, he is not one dimensional and is a game changer, teams fear him. His strength is not the run game but he is not weak when it comes to run support. Teams will game plan around this guy and all you have to do is watch one or two games to see why.

Putting Schaub on the same level in terms of trade value in ridiculous. If ATL doesnt want to give him up then they should keep him who gives a shit there are 25 QB's out there with little game experience who may have what it takes. Trading for Schaub is rolling the dice huge, it doesnt make sense to me. I want value for an Abraham trade, and I dont want Shaub, I dont know where the majority of the people on this board have received the notion that SCHAUB is the next Tom Brady, it boggles my mind, I dont see where it has come from or how his reputation has spiraled out of control to the point where it sounds like some people would be ok with and ABE for Schaub straight up trade.

Im going on now and venting but this Schaub shit is really bothering me, I dont want to get excited about a QB who has less experience in the league than Bollinger, let alone experience with our team.

I would like to hear some opinions on why you think Schaub is worth what we are prepared to deal for him.

10. Cman68

How about you putting this "new" thread where it belongs? You have almost 2000 posts. You should know better by now...

#270 Cman68, Mar 16, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2006
  11. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Backup Atlanta Falcons QB.

12. Keeping It Real

Keeping It Real New Member

You are 1000000000% right!

We want to trade down anyways. And I think the Falcons would do it, but we are insisting on draft picks and some more for him. The people on this board thinks Abe is the second coming of Strahan and he might be, but the difference in the two players is that Strahan like playing w/Giants.

13. Hot Rod

Hot Rod Member

Just say no to Schuab and to trading down....take a Qb with the 4th (Cutler) and lets move on.

14. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

ummm..... no

15. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Anyone else going to stop following the NFL if the Jets acquire Matt Schaub?

16. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I don't mind Schaub.

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

No..Why would we??

18. Cman68

A bit drastic don't you think? How else are we supposed to survive Fall and Winter? :beer:

19. 10nyjets87

10nyjets87 New Member

Matt schaub i love you!

20. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Thet both suck. Aaron Brooks is clearly better than both of them & will cost Jets' nothing but cash, since he is a free-agent. :breakdance: