The Official Predict The 2021 New York Jets Schedule/Record Thread:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Aug 30, 2021.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Read the initial post of empty lithium bottle genius that started this thread.....

2. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

There’s several winnable games on the schedule. My original prediction was off but I still can see this team winning about 5 games. Especially later in the season….

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Falcons, Jags, and Texans are the most winnable, but those teams probably view the Jets as a winnable game. We'll see what happens.

Jets79 likes this.
  4. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Sure they do. You can also add the Colts, Eagles, and Miami as winnable games also.

As bad as the Jets looked last week things do change on a week to week basis in the NFL. Denver is a hard place to play for visiting teams not used to the altitude - especially young teams. Their defense is not too shabby either.

5. CotcheryFan

I never expected a win in Denver, but I didn't see a shutout coming either. The most troubling thing in the early going is the team has gone backwards on offense in the most important category. Someone suggested the 2019 Dolphins as a model the Jets could follow this year, look bad early on, then become competitive as the season progresses and win a few games. I'd sign up for that now.

mrjet80 and Jets79 like this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I do think we will get better as the year goes on…young players gaining experience and playing together matters. I think the coaching should improve as well. Three games in we look MUCH MUCH worse than I expected, but honestly I thought we’d be 0-3 looking at our schedule, with maybe an off chance to win that first game against Carolina, but that did not happen. I think Atlanta is the first real chance to win this year…I don’t think we will have any answer for Henry if they just keep pounding him Tennessee will have a bunch of long drives where our defense just can’t get off the field on third down. It may be close for a half, but we will wear down and give up some big plays down the stretch, especially with Maye out.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I no longer think the team will improve by year's end. Right now, I think both Saleh and LaFleur are in over their heads and are incompetent. I've lost all hope and trust in them. At this point, I can see us going winless, Zach getting ruined, Rankins refusing to re-sign, Mims getting traded, Moore's talents being wasted, and the team going 0-17.

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Greeny today:

“There were moments watching this game (Sunday) that I spoke aloud words I thought were impossible in my home. And they were, ‘Boy, I miss Adam Gase.’ You know what, at least under Adam Gase, it looked like they tried. It looked like they cared. They could’ve played 20 quarters (Sunday) and the Jets would not have scored. The Jets have regressed"

I know he gets paid to have hot takes but its hard to disagree :(:(

9. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This needs more time. It's too early to want to fire everyone and go full panic. It's been 3 games.

This is a rookie QB, HC & OC and a very young team. Yeah, I'm disappointed with this start, that Zach hasn't lit the league up and the offense had been bad for some reason(s) at a given time. But we all knew (I hope) this was a rebuilding year. I think we need to give this whole regime more time to figure it out and grow over the season. My biggest concern is protecting Zach better and that's on the OL (esp. GVR), LaFleur & Saleh, and Zach. This does have to improve immediately.

Sunday at Denver was really bad - no doubt. But not every game was this bad. In week one, they looked lousy in the first half, but played well on offense and defense in the 2nd half and got back in the game. In week two, the team played well as a whole, but Zach's INTs took them out of this game almost singlehandedly.

Now if they continue looking like they did against Denver, my feelings will change.

But for now, I want to see if they can get things corrected and on the right path and will not be calling for heads yet.

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

not an unreasonable point of view

I’m ok with saying that we suck, we will continue to suck, and until the team gives us any reason to think,otherwise, they deserve our anger and disdain.

coashes have to prove themselves…players have to prove themselves…JD has to prove himself

I think most of us expected a weak team, but not sure any of us expected us to suck THIS bad

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I wonder If most of us feel even more happy about this win because I don't think any of us actually predicted we would win against the Titans before the season. We can't get nothing right so far.. lol

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Pretty sure it’s just me riding high on this victory Monday but looking at the next 4 games, I think there’s a real shot we could go 2-2/3-1.

Only one I don’t have much faith in is @pats but the Falcons, Bengals, and Colts are all beatable teams, especially if Zach can play as well as he did yesterday.

13. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

I thought they'd be 0-6 so they are beating my expectations at this point. But they'll surely lose next week to Cincy, so that'll bring them back on schedule. And looks like my "Zach misses a few games to injury" starts now. Still, not super-confident about my overall 4-13 prediction. But we'll see.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. Jetsin2029

Jetsin2029 Member

The game against the Texans may decide who ends up with the first pick. Lions are winless but they have been unlucky. I think they’ll end up with 4 or 5 wins. Trevor Lawrence is starting to figure it out, they also should win a few more games than the Jets.

15. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

This is scary accurate. Your only miss was giving them the win vs Carolina instead of Tennessee.

Correct record, 3/4 wins picked correctly.
    You even hit the situation on the head with offense and defense. Damn.

sozopol, REVISion, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The most hated guy on the board doesn’t look too far off.

REVISion, ouchy and stinkyB like this.
  17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

fixed ;)

anyway, I guess I didnt post one in here, but I was expecting 6-10

18. CotcheryFan

I respect the knowledge Brad brings here, but some of his recent takes have been irrational.

PJ4Ever and bicketybam like this.
  19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The biggest being Wilson put his ego over a team win on the 4th and 2 play. I'm really not sure how you draw that conclusion.

#119 bicketybam, Jan 4, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
    PJ4Ever likes this.
  20. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I thought I put my 4 win prediction on this thread, but I think it may have been another one about managing expectations... Which turned into a cesspool after our week one loss.

stinkyB, ouchy and bicketybam like this.