The Official Hire Brian Daboll Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MaximusD163, Oct 1, 2020.

1. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

IMHO, we have gone the way of hiring the "hot" executive / gm / coordinator several times now, McCagnan, Idzik, now Douglas, along with Bowles, Gase, Saleh and have gotten everything wrong each time. This organization needs a complete enema from the owners down to the towel boys, however, since we sadly cannot get rid of the Johnsons, it will have to be from the GM on down. I am not going to name names because I have not done the proper research at this time, but the only way this franchise gets unf***ed is to hire a director of football ops, who in turn would hire a proven GM, who then would bring in a proven HC and proven staff all of whom have positive NFL experience, and maybe have won before. I realize this is probably a pipe dream, but after 50 years of watching games like yesterdays where it is game over midway through the first quarter, I see no other way out of this never ending cycle of "Groundhog Day" Sundays. I mean, how many times over the last 6 or 7 years have we gone into games (like yesterday) knowing that we absolutely had zero chance to win? This has to stop. Now we get to watch Mike White play against a team that just blew out the Ravens 41-17 in Baltimore yesterday LOL. This reminds me of the 1970's when Joe Namath got hurt every year and we had to watch assclowns like Bob Davis and Al Woodall try to play QB. Thank the lord for the Sunday ticket and Red Zone channel. The only issue I have with the RZC is sometimes they switch to the Jet game to highlight our opponents scoring, which eliminates my escape if only for a few seconds LOL.

2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

The problem with that strategy is they’ve done it and every time it’s some dinosaur from 40 years ago (charley casserly, Ron wolf) or a consulting firm that probably knows less than they do.

REVISion likes this.
  3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

The problem is we do not have enough talent on the roster. The talent we do have is not playing well.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Exactly right.

5. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I actually disagree, mostly.

I think there are two issues leading to the Jets performances:
    -Overall Talent
    -Youth of Talent

The entire second level of the defense yesterday was rookie late round picks, waiver claims, and UDFA’s. The most veteran LB out there was Blake Cashman.

Also the right side of the OL

I thought that was where the Jets struggled the most. I think offensively there was clear improvement, obviously the injury to Wilson aside.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Agree[​IMG]

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Hire somebody who knows football and the NFL to run the team. Let them hire the HC, coordinating with him on staff if they are a first time HC.

The Jets flunk out first time coaches who were coordinators as often as they flunk out rookie QB's and the results are connected at the hip in a three-legged approach to the 100 yard dash.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't know what kind of HC Brian Daboll would have made, but imo two things are for certain, our offense would have been performing at a MUCH higher level, and Zach wouldn't be struggling as he has.

9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

I still like Saleh but… Having thoughts about the one that got away today

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I hope whatever team hires Daboll goes and finds an elite WR, dual threat QB with a canon and no conscience, a set of former 1000 yard season complementary WRs and a solid OL.

When Daboll hasn’t had those things, he’s been below average throughout his NFL career.