The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

2. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Just finished watching on DVR.

Clowney appears to play like he tweets, without any direction or coherence.

He appears to not be playing like a Jet.

Of note: Mark Brunell's face on the "Just for Men" box.

3. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

So, no one knows who the idiot that didn't know how many feet there are in a yard? Holy shit... was he part of the CS? That looked liked a coaches meeting. Who was that?

Tell ya what. Chauncey Washington had better make this team, and I felt that way before this episode and the CAR game. I didn't realize Ryan was all set to cut him. I'm a big Woodhead fan, but if Greene gets hurt... CW is really the only all purpose bell cow type RB left. Not only can he run the ball... he looks like a good ST's player. He's been around too... did he spend one or two years on the taxi squad?

I loved what Rex said... to the effect of "here is a kid who had no chance. He plays like a Jet. He wants to be on this team." Not an accurate quote, but the jist is CW just might have gotten off the bubble. Shit, he was under the bubble.

I'd say something about CW vs. McKnight, but the McKnight nut huggers would go on the attack.

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Cool story bro.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The JM nut huggers are also the same people who told you Sanchez would be the right guy.

6. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I died when BO was singing. WTF was that? Haha!!!

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The problem I have with McKnight, is how is a guy that young in that bad condition?

You seem him after that great return?

What is he 22,23? His ability is not in question, but geez...

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Watching it again now.

Kroul really has some strength- hoping that we keep him this season.

Pituitary going down seems like a definite loss- looks as though the CS really had hopes for him as a contributing reserve player.

9. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

"Gotta put an ad in the paper for a f'ing punt returner."

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Edit duplicate post from above...

#1110 GQMartin, Aug 26, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

As of now, I think Clowney and Laury are on the team. Washington may play his way on the team and Clowney is off.

#1111 GQMartin, Aug 26, 2010
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think HBO might have something to do with the amount of time we see Woody around the players.

13. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

They really leaned on the Ropati story big time. The way Rex looked after the head trainer told him about the Achilles said a lot. He definitely looked like he could contribute. I love the way he went up to the one d-lineman and said, "you want to be a Jet, or are we gonna have to bring someone in?" Very blunt, but (I'd imagine) very effective.
    BTW, If a high school team had done to that DB what the defense did at the end of that practice, and it got out to the public, that'd be on the backpage.

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

DL (6) -- Jenkins, Pouha, Ellis, DeVito, Gholston, ??? (Wright/Kroul)

OLB (4) - Pace, Thomas, Taylor, Westerman

ILB (4) - Harris, Scott, Cummings, ??? (Laury)

DC (6) - (Revis), Cromartie, Wilson, Lowery, Coleman, Cole

DS (4) - Leonhard, Pool, E. Smith, Ihedigbo

The biggest battle is on for that 6th DE spot. When the segment aired it was Pitoitua's but now it's up for grabs. I really hope one between Kroul and Wright wins it but I'm sure Tanny will work the waiver to see if he can find an upgrade.

ILB is a position in which we have virtually no depth. I think they'll give Cummings the nod since I've heard Rex praise him a couple of times but he's going to have to fight for that spot 'till the last day of pre-season.
    Laury also has a shot given his (supposed) ST contribution but looking at HBO it seems as though he's on the bubble.
    This is another position where Tanny will keep a close look at what other teams do... but if no one of interest is released I think we'll go Cummings + Laury.

The 6th CB is Cole's spot to lose... and frankly I don't think any other DB outplayed him this summer. Maaaybe Jackson but one year on the PS would do him good. I went ahead and included Revis, crossing fingers...

OL (8) - Ferguson, Woody, Hunter, Slauson, Moore, Ducasse, Mangold, Turner

QB (3) - Sanchez, Brunell, ??? (Clemens)

RB (5) - Greene, LT, McKnight, Richardson, Conner

WR (5) - Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery, Coles, B. Smith + (Clowney, Allison, Taylor)

TE (4) - Keller, Hartsock, Mulligan, Cumberland

My question mark is who will be the 3rd QB? Clemens knows the system better but he's due 1 mill.
    O'Connell is considered talented by the talent evaluators in the Jets but hasn't shown nothing on the field.
    IMO it's going to be Clemens with a re-worked contract but we'll see...

Through the first 4 games, at WR, we're going to see one of the guys in parenthesis make the team (probably Clowney). After that it's going to be either him or Washington depending on injuries, ST value, etc...
    I wouldn't discard the guy we picked up from the Rams (Foster?) as I think he may have some ST capability.

As for the inclusion of Cumberland as the 4th TE Tanny wrote we were going to carry 4 TEs and the only TEs we have on the roster are the ones I've written down so... I guess he impressed some people in the CS.

K - Folk

P - Weatherford

LS - Purdum

There is one place still up for grabs who's going to go to the guy who shows more willingness to make the team. Personally I hope either Washington or Woodhead win it.
    I'm very very scared of a Greene injury and I want to have another RB on the team since I think McKnight this year will only be serviceable on returns and some gadget plays, but not at running between the tackles.

Woodhead is more versatile and can play some slot WR too but I have been a fan of C. Washington since he stepped on the team (look for my posts if you don't believe me) and I hope this year he makes the 53 man roster.

Soo...

ST/RB - C. Washington

#1114 Mambo9, Aug 26, 2010
  15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Clowney is gone. If not now, when Holmes comes back.

16. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yeah, i totally agree. I'd be very surprised if he survived the whole year.

17. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Exactly.

Anyway, Clowney is done. We saw last night that the coaching staff pretty well mirrors what everyone on this board thinks about him. He's got some talent in him, but he's just not cut out for the game. He just can't get it right in his head.

I feel bad for little Danny Woodhead. He seems to be putting in the effort, but he's just not big enough and I think the clock has run out on him.

Westhoff is awesome. He just flat out tells it like it is. "I'll cut you right in the middle of the game!"

I can't see Clemens getting cut at this point. O'Connell is getting the axe unless Tanny can find a taker for Clemens. I'm no KC fan at this point, but he's the best option at clipboard we have.

Chauncey Washington might just take McKnight's spot. McKnight is still out of shape. That's inexcusable at this point. Rex even made the joke after the return "Is he throwing up?" and sure enough, while he wasn't heaving, he was clearly winded. Come on kid, this is the pros, get it together.

When they got that kid for mouthing off it was worse than I thought it was going to be. Jenkins really laid it out in the interview too. Know your role and shut your mouth.

How many feet in a yard was pretty funny. Not Shake Weight funny, but pretty funny.

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Man... no one knows who the "How many feet in a yard" guy was?

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

that guy was hilarious. His answer was worse than not knowing how many feet were in a yard though. He went with 1 foot. 2 yard sticks and a foot long ruler equals 1 foot. DOH! Even if you don't know how big a yard is you have to assume it's more than the 1 foot ruler.

They roasted him pretty good.

20. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

"That 100 yard dash is a bitch" :rofl:

Chauncey Washington might take someone's spot, but I really strongly doubt that it will be McKnight's. As much as he's shown that he's not in very good shape and he doesn't have the downhill running instincts that we'd like to see, he's also shown flashes of great talent. I just don't see the Jets giving up on him after one training camp.