The *Official* FIRE BOB SUTTON thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Sep 28, 2008.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

It's not a 1 man team, poor pass blocking, Wr's not getting open, Baker fell down wide open, horrendous special teams, there's plenty of blame to go around...

2. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

At the end of the day, we can't blame every loss on the Boob. But with the level f talent we have amassed on defense, I believe that there must be better people out there to do the job.

And this most recent disaster was against a crap team. I don't wanna hear these sympathists saying the raiders are good. Wait till he play a real team, and you will see major flaws. You want to be considered a contender? Play like one

3. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

We don't have enough talent on Defense

We should have beaten the Raiders, that is a given.

But has anybody paused amidst the Mangini / Sutton / Schott bashing to recognize that aside from Kris Jenkins and maybe Calvin Pace, we have 0 (zero) consistent playmakers on Defense?? Every single defender in our front 7, except for Jenkins, can be blocked easily by a single-team.

I mean, where the hell was Bryan Thomas yesterday? Seriously, was he injured, because I didn't see him on the field making any plays. Without an elite pass rusher, the coaches feel compelled to try safety blitzes from 50 yards out in a pathetic attempt to simulate a pass rush.
    The coaching staff did a pisspoor job yesterday, but sometimes the players aren't making plays because they simply aren't that good (Sione Pouha??).

And it seems that Lowery has lost his edge / confidence / swagger / whatever since the San Diego game.

Oh, and Eric Smith needs to go. Right now, put David Barrett there at the other Safety or pick up some undrafted college kid, because this guy cannot play in the NFL.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It's just amazing as the D gets bashed week after week and they continue to perform week after week while #4 goes blameless even though our O stinks.

5. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yeah, unfortunately, I have to agree with you. While I'm not giving any awards to the defense, (neither the players or the coaching,) holding opponents to one TD and a couple FGs every week isn't what is losing the game.

Having Brett Favre, at least 2 great WRs, a RB that has shown he can rush for more than 100, TEs that are supposed to be able to catch, and an OLine that should be at least above-average, yet not scoring 20 is the problem.

I still want Sutton fired because I don't like his sideline calls, but the D is not the problem right now.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

don't blame Favre when they are not letting him play to his strengths and he is basically being "Penningtoned" by the CS. Don't say its not true, the games speak for themselves, and Dr. Z's article says the same thing I am.

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Hahaha. A new verb!

8. nyjunc

Who cares what Dr. Z says? he obviously doesn't watch the games. You think they allowed him to be himslef against Arizona and not against Cincy or Oak? Come on. This is a product of Brett not performing. he has all the weapons he needs but he's playing awful football.

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

we are going with dr.z? how many times has an article of his been posted here underrating the jets in which he was then called an idiot by everyone here? just because someone writes an article agreeing with a certain point of view doesn't mean its correct all the time. now the blame at this point is on the ENTIRE OFFENSE. while the running game was good against oakland it was not good enough to get more than 13 points. the offense as a whole needs to improve. the play calling, the pass blocking, the run blocking, the running, the receivers. everyone needs to step their game up. one good game does not mean the running game is fixed.

the defense is the only one of the 3 units that performed well on sunday. if the offense could have been even passable on sunday the jets win by a touchdown. instead we lose by 3.

10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

How about now?! You guys convinced this guy sux or what? Tyler Thigpen and the Chiefs are carving us apart!!

11. RLUCAS4137

RLUCAS4137 Member

The Jets are a joke. And unfortunately I will always root for them. God damn you dad

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Sticky this thread....

13. nyjunc

The D would look a hell of a lot better if a certain strong armed QB wasn't turning it over every other possession.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You're fucking spamming.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I'm not crazy about Bob Sutton but the D has not been a problem this year, outside of the SD game and a meaningless 3rd quarter the D has played well enough for this team to be 6-1 right now. If only we could say the same about the offense we would be 6-1 at this point.

16. nyjunc

Does spamming mean telling the truth? Just imagine if Chad played like Fave has been playing the last few weeks, all this board would be syaing was how bad Chad is and how he needs to go yet favre gets every excuse imaginable when he is the single biggest reason we stink right now. We shouldn't have had any problems the last 3 weeks but each game was close in the 4th and I feel fortunate we won 2 of the 3.

17. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Care to explain Tyler Thigpen's career day against us?

18. nyjunc

It's hard for a D to keep picking up their awful O and all the terrible TOs created by our QB. They should have done a better job against Thigpen but w/o all the TOs the D's D doesn't look quite as bad. The D has given up an average of 12 PPG the last 3 weeks in regulation while our O/STs has turned it over NINE times! We are -8 in the TO ratio the last 3 weeks and won 2 of those games thansk to the defense.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Junc is right.

20. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

The offense has to take some of the blame for the turnovers, but it would be nice if the D could takeaway the ball a few times too