The *Official* FIRE BOB SUTTON thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Sep 28, 2008.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

keeping Sutton mean having a shootout with teams that can pass the ball well. I don't want that, I'd like to know that the Defense can win games to, against a QB that is playing great football too, not what Kurt Warner displayed on Sunday.

2. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Well Said...Boob Sutton has got to go. Guy has no energy and is still using a high school playbook. Prevent D my @$$

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

No he has to stay until The Bungles fire Lewis then he can be fired so we can hire Lewis as our DC

4. ncjetfan

ncjetfan Member

I will be fair and say that the first pick by revis was due to them dropping 9 guys into coverage. But to rely on that instead of forcing the issue flys in the face of the whole offseason. Sutton is a play it safe guy, he coaches to prevent the big play instead of making the big play. Good things happen when guys pin their ears back. maybe sutton doesnt have faith that the rush wont get burnt and thats why we rarely send more than 5 guys on a blitz. To me that is a coach who isnt confident is his abilities because we have the people to play more aggressively and be effective. look at the results with the o when we play that way. seems to me shotty put the foot on the gas pedal but sutton doesnt have the stones to do the same. Watching how the ravens and steelers play the pass brought two things to mind immediately.
    1. the safeties are way more involved in the short pass def
    2. the linebackers disguise their intentions way better and when they dont rush they bolt right to their coverage areas whereas ours seem to be out of position routinely.
    I blame coaching for this........sutton sucks, when teams can get 9 yrds out of a hb flare when you only rush 3 guys your scheme is trash imho.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We shut them out at halftime. The second half was ugly, but we forced 7 turnovers, 4 in the first half. I've never seen the defense look so dominant. The 2nd half was brutal, but it can be argued the entire 2nd half was garbage time.

I just love how when I got home from the game, THIS was the first thread I saw on the top of the page.

6. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I felt it was needed to revive this thread. It amazed me how many times we rushed 3 on every 3rd down play, and allowed them to get a first down. Plus, this was Fitzpatrick!! Any other decent QB in the NFL would have killed us.

This Boob needs to get shitcanned.

7. TampaBayJetsFan85

Umm...The Jets defense sacked the man 5 times today...Put pressure on the kid all game...Only allowed 7 points on Defense...And your still crying about Sutton? Wow.

8. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

I've had enough of Sutton- I was pulling my hair out on every 3rd down...

+1

9. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Cincy scored 7 points on O and if the proper call was made it would have been just 3. The O kept Cincy in the game.

#89 nyjunc, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2008
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Mind boggling, when the D gives up 7 points you would think the CS utilized the perfect scheme. TGG knows better though obviously.

11. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

To all the people citing the "we only gave up 7 points" line...what you all fail to realize is that we faced a QB with only 5 starts under his belt, and a winless Bengal team. Any other decent team with a average QB would have fared much better.

For us to compete against elite teams, and consider ourselves a contender, this bum needs to get his shit together or get shown the door.

12. Attackett

Point is they called a gameplan that worked to perfection against the opponent they were playing this week.

13. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

If we played hypothetically, Kellen Clemens, you'd be singing a different tune. It would be "Clemens sucks" not we used the perfect scheme...

14. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Not to mention a runningback that was averaging less than 3 yards a carry coming into the game.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I still don't like the fact that the kid ran a good 2 minute drill.. thats not his talents doing that, thats the playcalling allowing them to score... How about turning the ball over back to the offense and letting them run the clock out rather than the score.

16. Attackett

Fitzgerald does suck, whats your point? Doesn't change the fact that the gameplan was executed to perfection today.

17. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Fitzgerald would start on practically any football team in the league. I think you meant "Fitzpatrick".

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The only drive there offense scored on was when we were most aggressive. Say what you will about sutton, but don't complain about being aggressive because when we get aggressive that's when we get TOASTED.

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Same the same can be said to the people praising Thomas Jones. We played one of the worst run defenses in the league today and he looked, well, ok.

The fact remains that this game was in no way a good indicator of our defense as a whole or our offense. Its great that we got pressure on the QB again and continued to stuff the run.

Its scary that we were not able to sustain a solid running gme against a weak run D.

20. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Explain to me then, our 3rd Q defensive collapse against Arizona.