The *Official* FIRE BOB SUTTON thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Lol, you are a doofus, don't you think the D had something to do with Kurt Warner not holding on to the ball?

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Yes, and that's a great retort to the criticism of Sutton's mentality -- sarcasm and referencing Madden. Genius.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What was there to adjust at halftime?

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

this mentality causes a team better than the Cards to come back in this game and kick the Jets asses, then lets see the how volatile this thread is.

this game went from over to a 2 possession game at the end of the 3rd qtr... than is unacceptable, and Brian Billick said the same thing. I trust his judgment, he has a ring, and he won it with a defense that wouldn't have let this happen today.

Complacency gets you nowhere.

5. The Uniform Bomber

Well, he adjusted to having a lead. It's like counter-adjustment or something.

6. Firemangini Ed

Firemangini Ed New Member

Well, if Sutton played any part in temporarily cutting Poteat than he should be fired.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I wouldn't be shocked.

The guy makes me think I can beat the Jets D by sitting and watching the game... he has to leave... give me the fiery DC with a good scheme.

Sutton is being made look good by the talent on defense, but we can see through it.

8. Revis Flytrap

Revis Flytrap New Member

He does not possess the temperment to be all over the defense to keep them inspired while up by 34. We need a guy with veins popping out of his head to rally this defense.
    Sutton's a nice guy and maybe a professorial type, but he has no street-cred with the guys.
    He should resign.

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

and you are a cockstraw warner does that shit to himself, any qb who holds the ball high we prob get 1 fumble.

at what point I was like is this really happening , he fumbled the ball again ?
    look im happy we won, I mean seriously I am..

But warner does this shit now and again..

10. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I'm not a fan of Sutton but to fire him based on this game is just off the wall. The Jets D faced adversity early and buckled down, the created points and field position. When the game was out of reach they relaxed. This is how most NFL games play out.

11. baghead

baghead Banned

this game went from over to a 2 possession game at the end of the 3rd qtr

ROFLMAO the only time a JETS game is over is when they are back in the locker room .

I think the D has played reasonably so far ,there is unfortunately a thing
    called foook me we are winning how can we throw this away FACTOR involved .

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I wanted him fired since February 20th, 2006. The day he was hired.

13. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I wanted Shoty fired since the day we hired him just based on pedigree. Today's performance wouldn't be the right day to call for him to be fired either.

14. The Uniform Bomber

Of course today wouldn't because his gameplan today was great. And yeah, Schottenheimer is starting to lose me too, but today showed me he's still young with potential and the ability to (hopefully) change up his gameplan and start using his weapons aggressively.

I'm with ND in that I've been calling for Sutton's head for a while now too, not just because of this game; this wasn't an isolated incident.

15. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I'm not calling for his head just after one game. This guy has done nothing since he's gotten here, and it was his disgraceful gameplan that almost cost us the game. It doesn't matter what the score is, we should never "relax" and then give up 21 points in a quarter. No DC worth his salt would settle for that, and neither should I

16. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

How many times have you seen a coordinator fired in mid-season? It almost never happens. While you might have reservations of Sutton's or Shott's abilities they are safe at least through the end of the season.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The disgraceful game plan forced SIX turnovers. We scored 27 points off of turnovers today.

It seemed like the Cards made good adjustments to our blitz schemes at halftime.

There was nothing disgraceful about the game plan. His inability to adjust to the Cards adjustments is probably suspect, but give him credit for the awesome 1st half which was probably at least partially due to his gameplan.

I don't even like Sutton.

18. notjustQBs

notjustQBs New Member

How many times did you catch Mangini on the whiteboard with the defense as soon as they came off the field in the second half?

When are you guys going to get it through your head that this is Mangini's defense and that Bob Sutton works for Mangini, and makes sure that Mangini's strategy and tactics are clear to the defense?

Mangini and Sutton made the deliberate decisions on how to play pass defense during the third quarter. They knew these guys were not going to take 34 - 0 laying down!

They let them have some rope, but they didn't let them come close to winning.

I have no problem with what Mangini and Sutton did during the second half.

The NYJ offense was roaring.

They won.

That's all that matters as we go into the bye.

19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

I think he had a lot to do with the 56 points. The jets were constantly flying around the field in that second quarter forcing turnover after turnover putting the offense in a position to score those points. If the jets are conservative and Arizona has sustained drives throughout the game we lose today. Period....

I think this fire Sutton thing is absolutely ridiculous...

20. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

The problem is when we took the foot off the pedal. We can't do that. You're right, a lot of credit goes to the defense for us going up 34-0 in the first place. But then that third quarter was also unacceptable. We should be shooting for shutouts in these types of games, when it happens to us we never get anything going on offense because the other team won't let up. We let up, and that's why we have so much trouble with good teams and won't be able to be a top seed. If we play at 100% for 60 minutes we can run the table, I honestly believe that (look at the schedule and you'll see why).