The *Official* FIRE BOB SUTTON thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Sep 28, 2008.

1. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

Dear Bob,

Disgusting.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This is my favorite thread ever.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Bob Sutton is the center of the pussy mentality on defense.... other DCs would not allow comebacks, but ol' Bob thinks its ok for the score to be close as long as the win can be had... thats how the Monday Night Miracle happens.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I've seen them ease up on defense too many times with leads. I've seen Sutton rush 3 guys, drop 8 into coverage and still get burned. I've seen Qb's with entirely too much time to pick a Wr to throw to while our 3 lonely rushers get pushed outside.

I've seen too much of Bob Sutton's style of play. I'm on the bandwagon folks as long as Mangini doesn't hire another braindead coordinator to take Sutton's place.

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

So it was the the players that dominated in the first half creating turnovers and setting the tone for the game and then it was the coaches that gave up 35 points in the second half. Ok got it..

6. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

The Jets defense shut out one of the best offenses in the NFl for the first half of this game. Was the second half ugly, defensively? Yes, it was. We should improve on that.

WE SHOULD NOT FIRE THE DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR!

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

HELLO? THANK YOU.

All this talk about whether to blame players or coaches is stupid; of course, both parties take blame.

But the mentality of a scheme and the mentality of the players is a direct result of the coaches.

Today, Schottenheimer stepped it up and was aggressive. He spread it out early, he was less predictable with the playcalling, and he went for the jugular on 4th and 1. That's an fierce, winner's mentality.

Sutton, on the other hand, went into his usual pussy shell, playing prevent and whispering at the D on the sideline get it together.

8. MobiusOne28

MobiusOne28 New Member

The only thing that he needs to learn is to stop this prevent D shit. He was still the coordinator when we dominated that side of the ball in the first half.

9. Beamen

Beamen New Member

The game plan going into this game was very good. Sutton got the players prepared very well, and called good plays to start the game.

My grudge, and everyone else's on here is his complacency once the team got the lead, and the complete lack of halftime adjustments..

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no DC should have metamucil on hand, thats why Sutton has to go.

11. Scottso

Scottso Member

It's not hard for Warner to pick apart our D when Sutton has his cornerbacks playing ten yards off the ball instead of the press coverage they used in the first half. I could've completed alot of those passes that Warner completed. I guess Sutton thought the defense was playing too good in the first half so he went in at halftime and fixed it. This guy is a jackass, and needs to be fired.

12. JCotchrocket

That prevent D is some shitty defense, huh?

Where have we seen that prevent defense this year?

Against the Dolphins, in win number 1, and against the Cardinals, in win number 2?

Yeah, that defense is worthless. I mean, they scored, right? Those wins would've counted if only they hadn't scored!

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

its the mentality... and there will be a day this "ah its ok if they score a little, look at the lead we have" will bite them in the ass.

Pressure all game, fuck you in your face---- thats how I want football to be played... Finesse football is a loser way to play. Win or Lose, it still sucks.

This game could have been 56-21.

14. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

I have never liked Sutton, but you people need to give credit where credit is due. Sutton called a SHUTOUT for the entire first half. Of course, we're going to go easy when we're up 34-0. That is just solid fundamental football.

If you want to blame someone, blame the players who took a little 3rd quarter repose. I don't blame them either, however, in light of the fact that we were up by almost 5, yes five touchdowns.

Get a grip people.

15. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

I disagree. When you basically curl into the fetal position for the 3rd quarter and play a BS prevent defense, you are setting up your defense to fail. Our pass rush caused the funbles (and Warner's lack of mobility), and we'd have a pass rush with Boob Sutton as a DC or me. We have talented players that make plays, but when you sit back on your ass for the 3rd Q, well you saw what happens...

16. The Uniform Bomber

See, this is like Sutton's mentality.

How about this? Getting those wins WITH a Defensive Coordinator who calls a scheme that doesn't allow those games to be close.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

uh, we want to fire him because we put up 56, and still had to bite our nails till the end.

18. The Uniform Bomber

I always hear this talk about when teams are up it's actually easier to gameplan against them because the Defense knows they opposing O will predominantly pass the ball. So if that's the case, shouldn't Sutton have a plan that doesn't allow the Offense to score so easily since he pretty much knows what they're gonna do?

19. JCotchrocket

Yes, you're totally right. We should have the best defensive coordinator in the league. Let's fire this Sutton guy and be all like "Yo Cowher! Yeah, YOU, bitch! You're our new defensive coordinator!" Or maybe, "Hey Rex Ryan, you're our new defensive coordiator! Don't give me no guff, swine, let's get some shut-outs!"

It's real easy like that. On Madden, you just keep clicking on Jim Johnson's salary until "POOF!", he's your defensive coordinator!

TWO QUARTERS OF A SHUTOUT AGAINST ONE OF THE BEST OFFENSES IN THE LEAGUE! If it ain't broke...

DON'T...
    FUCKING...
    FIX IT!!!!

20. Tight

Tight Active Member

If kurt warner has any sense about holding on to the ball we lose today.. no question the d cant stop anybody...