The *Official* FIRE BOB SUTTON thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Sep 28, 2008.

1. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, it is very simple. Play-off quality teams will force other offences to 3 and out, most of the time. We are not doing that. Play-off teams will string together multiple 8 to 10 minute drives in every game that has play-off implications. Over the past 2 games, we have done neither. We are NOT a Play-off team. Now if Mangini doesn't throw both our offensive and defensive coordinators under the bus, Let his head roll too. :drunk:

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Firing Bob Sutton next season won't do us a lick of good right now. We're still playing for a playoff spot and a Super Bowl. However unlikely it is while Bob Sutton is controlling our defense, we're stuck with him regardless.

3. wexy

wexy Member

And I thought he was very classy when he called Ihedigbo "You motherfu*ker." after the holding penalty.

4. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Actually, I believe that was Westhoff yelling at Hoculi (or one of the other officials) after that riddiculous call.

Too bad Westy is not a younger man without the health issues he has faced. He has exactly the right smarts and temperment that a team could use on the sidelines as a head coach. Pimp stick and all.

5. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Sutton has to go the Jets will clearly get no where with his soft ass school girl defense.

6. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Sutton can stick around... just not as the DC. I think there will be a lot of potential good DC available during the off season and I really really really really really hope we sign one.

7. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Get Spagnuolo as the DC, he knows how to coach a defense! And hire Bill Cowher as coach! We want to see a team that doesn't DISAPPOINT Jet fans, they have been doing the past 40 years. At least one more before I DIE Jets.

8. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Fire Bob Sutton I agree he sucks.

9. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

He never disguises blitzes and stuff, we are predictable on D. It's sad.

10. JETSFAN1290

JETSFAN1290 Banned

Blitzes????????? When where????

11. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

D'oh! Oh yeah, we never blitz! We are not serious about making QBs fear us, my bad!:sad: Stupid me!

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

If you truly believe we aren't trying to blitz, quite often at that, one of three things is true about you:

A) You know nothing about football
    B) You aren't actually watching the games
    C) You aren't paying even a little bit of attention to the line of scrimmage

It's one of the above, and there can be no D.

Speaking of D, it sucks. But a lot of that rests on the players. Sutton isn't a good coach, but it's impossible to make lemonade from turds.

13. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Sutton even looked clueless yesterday when they flashed to him on the sidelines on an important play in the second half. That game has to fall on somebody and I dont see how it does not fall on sutton, same goes for the denver game. Why cant we adjust at halftime? Its one thing to come out and get our asses kicked by little bubble screens all half (particularly denver im referencing) but why cant we go and adjust to it at half? Why i ask you????
    As a side note, gotta love mike westhoff, im enjoying him as a special teams coach. He seems like he could be a hardened jet fan himself If I saw him at a game or in a bar.

14. wexy

wexy Member

Thanks for correcting me. My bad.

15. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

this thread could rival the hot chicks one for sheer volume of posts.:up:

16. southjerseyjets

southjerseyjets New Member

I have to post this thread because Sutton sucks! He could not win at West Point...how did he even make it to DC. Let him coach the linebackers but let someone with balls start calling in some aggresive blitz's and stop with that same cover defense thats gives up first down after first down after first down. I've had it..goodnight!

17. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Win or Lose today, I think this topic needs to be addressed. The sheer volume of posts, means some of you must agree with me...

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I agree. This thread should be called the official fire Manshitless thread. The buck starts and ends with him. Sutton and Shottenheimer aren't doing anuthing Mangini hasn't told them to do. Anybody who thinks it isn't Mangini's gameplan week in and week out is crazy.

19. 4jetfans

4jetfans Well-Known Member

Where has the safty blitz gone. Now that Harris is back, where is the LB's shooting the gaps. WHERE the heck did the mixing it up and shifting around on the line GO. WHAT THE HECK HAPPEN SUTTON. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for this game let them all loose. Let the secondary do their job.

20. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Get the torches and pitchforks boys...I've seen enough...and we're still up 14-10