The official "Draft Day" Thread Part II

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Petrozza, Apr 29, 2006.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Oh gawd. Now you can pass me the Kleenex Exit 117! :sad:

2. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

How did we "get really nothing out of it?"

3. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

No thanks, I need them now. Die, Bradway, die.

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

There's no guarantee who's making the playoffs in that division. It's going to be fun to watch that division this season.

5. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

Here is John Murphy's take on the Jets fourth round picks:

thought you guys will like this

6. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Dude, please! Read my posts all the way through! LOL. (I don't want to get flamed for saying the same thing over and over yet again!)

Anyway, I view it as getting nothing because:

We trade UP later in the round, from the pick we traded DOWN to, to get Clemmens. Not a bad pick, but we gave up three for it. We could have stayed still and still got Clemmens, and not gave up the extra pick.

As far as next year's. Two things. 1) Chances are, Washington is in the playoffs. Yes, it's a pretty damn good division, but the top 3 teams in that division will probably appear in the playoffs. My out pick? Dallas. Even if Washington misses the playoffs, and even better, loses 16 games, we get the top pick in the second round. Next year's draft is depleted by this one. The pick, even at the top of rond two is quite devalued from this year's 35.

Again, in a 40 player of first round worth, picking at 35 was like getting a total of three first rounders this year. Instead, we lost significant value.

7. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

John Murphy on Jets sixth round pick- Coleman

By: John Murphy

Date: Apr 30, 2006

John Murphy on TCU corner Drew Coleman:

"He is a diminutive cover corner at 5-9, 173 pounds. He ran 4.4's at his Pro Day, but was not great in the agility drills or vertical. He had four interceptions and eight pass breakups as a senior. He was also used sparingly on special teams as a return man. He has had some prior issues with knee injuries. Jet special teams coach/assistant head coach Mike Westhoff coached at TCU much earlier in his career. This kid would have to standout on special teams in order to have a chance."

8. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

I still go back to athletes versus hole fillers.

Bad management? Something unexpected probably happened. Like someone jumped up who the Jets knew were after their guy. We don't know, if they panicked or they did what they had to do.

And I have no problem with other opinions, I just hate whiners who make assumptions without all the facts - fact that no one on this board have.

I want to discuss the players we're picking and get news from people who may have subscriptions to some of the pay sites I don't.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I'm not whining without facts. Fact is, we NEED a 3-4 NT and a 3-4 DE. DRob is not a 3-4 NT. Kimo could be good, but does he fill the void left by Abe? I highly doubt it.

I am discussing the players we are picking. Maybe you just aren't reading it closely enough, and just want to bitch about my whining.

I don't like when people troll and throw names around just because someone doesn't agree with them. I think we have just done a good job of steering the conversation back on topic, please help keep it that way. Thanks.

10. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

I'm back to the discussion (and you've done fine getting back to it) I was just defending against another posters "opinion"

In a 3/4 the sacks are rarely coming from the DE, they're coming from the LBs and as I keep saying, they look like they are addressing the secondary.

The NT issue is a concern, but was there a 3/4 NT available to us that Tangini liked? We don't know. Is there one available to us in FA after June 1? We don't know. Do they think they have a player currently that they can mold to fit what they want to do? WE DON'T KNOW.

We DO know that they got the best guys available at needed positions in Rd 1 and they SEEM to have gotten the guy they wanted in the second. After that it really is conjecture, posturing, what we read on the lines, and general BS.

11. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Yeah, sorry about not going back, I was just getting a bit lazy with that.

I'm going to make a post on the Jets draft trades in a little bit, read that.

12. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

One more pick and its all over. Football will be dead for a few months:sad:

13. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Jets up next

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Very true on all fronts. Maybe I should have been clearer what I mean about the whole DE situation. I realize the point of the 3-4 end is to disrupt the OLine, not get sacks. What I am saying is we lost the presence of Abraham.

I think that is significant. Yes, Vilma is a star, and is only getting better. He can't do it alone though. There has to be a presense on the D that takes attention from him.

Was there anyone they liked? I guess not. Could there be a June 1 person who could do the job? Maybe.

I just don't want to trust them right now. It just has sort of the feeling of the bargain bin for us this year between our FA signings and the draft.

15. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

what do you think folks, offense or defense?

I say D, lets get a DT here or a DE

16. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

Who is Titus Adams D

17. Exit 117

Exit 117 Active Member

Jets take Titus Adams, DT, Nebraska with their last pick. Happy, Alio?

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

No, Jets have a May minicamp coming up!

And then July starts minicamps!

19. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

here it comes....

20. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Okay, a DT. Now stop bitching about it!