the Official Abraham thread!! - Post them here! - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NY Vilmaniac, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

They're allowed to post here. How about just responding in a civil manner, instead of a acting like you're 5 and embarrassing this board?

This goes to everyone. This board used to be gracious hosts to fans of other teams. This isn't gangland. I find this behavior to be embarrassing to TGG.com. More is expected of our members. Don't just throw out insults and act like a spoiled child because a fan of another team posts here. It is behavior like that that has dragged down the quality of discussions around here.

Just freaking grow up already. If you can't post in thread without acting like an asshole, then just don't post.

/rant

#421 Tony, Mar 20, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  2. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

3. Plato/FalconFan

Plato/FalconFan New Member

btw reports are saying that Seattle is STRONGLY pursuing Peterson. If they sign Hutchinson and Peterson, they wouldn't have the cap space to trade for Abraham. If they let Hutchinson walk, they'll have a huge need at LG, a 31st pick, and two good DEs. Why get another DE when they could draft their future LG in Max Jean Gilles? Seattle is pretty much out of the running.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

come on blank how much do you really want the injury prone non run stopper. up your offer:)

5. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

Not to get off topic here, but price is a function of supply and demand. I think you're both arguing from a different perspective of where the equilibrium rests. "Value goes down with competition" is true if by competition you mean there's more sellers in the market and buyers can be picky and purchase the good at a lower price. "More competition=higher value" is true if by competition you mean that more buyers are fighting over a fixed or limited supply of goods.

6. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Another absurd "we will get abe for a 5th round pick" thread.

Bottom line is this...if the Jets dont get what they want...and they will...Abe stays a Jet for another year.

Its just a huge rumor that Abe would be the first disgruntled player to have to play for a team when he is only getting 8+ million dollars.

The Jets have the cap room to sit on him...and believe us...this front office will either get what they want...or Abe will be dressed in green and white. If you think that another suitor will not come forward before/on/or after draft day proposing something better than a 45th pick for an all pro pass rusher...keep dreaming.

Your front office is learning that now...they will either have to put up...or shut up.

So keep posting these once a day threads...and maybe..just maybe...you will get Abe for the second round pick...I personally think Bobby Cox has a better shot at getting to the World Series and losing again....we shall see.

7. Plato/FalconFan

Yes, thanks for clearing that up. Oh, gotta do it....:eek:fftopic:

8. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Word to that....

9. Superbowl_VICKtory

Superbowl_VICKtory New Member

JA. is as good as an ATLANTA FALCON!!!!!!:beer:

10. Plato/FalconFan

I think you FO would rather pick up a 2nd rounder and a player(one of our young LBers possibly), or our 2nd and 3rd round picks, than simply "sit" on Abraham. This is a deep draft. Those picks could be used to pick up valuable players, or even to trade up in the first round. Sitting on Abe instead of getting value just to look tough would be a mistake.

11. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I have no problem with that as long as we get a 2nd rounder and a third rounder...

12. Superbowl_VICKtory

I agree with everything us said. On our board we have a pure football forum to keep out trolls and assholes. We welcome any fan of football to our MB as well. But when people get nasty and start with the name calling and the Ron Mexico joke, it gets tired.

13. Plato/FalconFan

That looks like what will eventually happen. Why some people would rather get nothing is far beyond me lol.

14. Superbowl_VICKtory

How bout a third rounder and T.J. Duckett?

15. AlToon

AlToon Member

Too many times.They sign up with the express purpose of telling Jet fans that their SB winning GM has the Jets by the balls and that the Jets should surrender Abraham for a couple of a Eugene Robinson's used condoms

16. Plato/FalconFan

We need to keep Duckett, and his value isn't very high anyway...time to go home(falcons board) before hitting the sack. I'm plato on the other board, who are you?

17. Superbowl_VICKtory

Lol. Honestly I don't see what's wrong with a 2 and a 3. At least we keep Shaub. Even though I'm a fan that wanted the trade to go through but McKay is the boss.

18. Superbowl_VICKtory

Plato huh? I've seen you around. I'm akone87.

19. PennyandtheJets

How about we would never accept that? I think there was a rumor you already offered your second and Duckett...so why would we take less?

20. PennyandtheJets

If we do get the second and extra pick/picks...then I think you will see those picks offered to the Saints for the #2...