the Official Abraham thread!! - Post them here! - Merged

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NY Vilmaniac, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

2. JetFighter

JetFighter Active Member

If what you say is true, atlantafan1987, that Abraham's injury history and attitude are not worht a 1st round pick, than why is your team prepared to pay him guarantee between $14 and $18 million, which is certainly a first round, all pro type dollar commitment?

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So you think a guy off the practice squad is a good replacement for Mawae?!?!?! :breakdance:

4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It's not unfair. He was offered a contract that, at the time, was equal to his value. He decided to turn it down. The Jets decided to go to Ellis with the offer, and he accepted it. The Jets TRIED to lock up Abraham first, but he didn't accept the offer. This is his own fault.

5. curtisstaysforever28

hey man, i agree with u, i hate when people make shit up.

and JAMESDEARTH needs to look at who our backup runningbaks are...houston played amazing the last couple games of the season last year and blaylock is just giong to improve

we dont need ducket

6. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

He was a strong starter on a National Championship team, member of the All-Pac 10 team (third team All-American), and a finalist for the Rimington. It's not like he doesn't have some promise.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

We won't receive equal talent for Abe. He is a great player. I am just hoping for the best.

8. Rcky_Mtn_Falcon

Rcky_Mtn_Falcon New Member

According to reports earlier today they've already offered that, although the player offered was not identified. It was believed to be Duckett.

Although based on your post count you're probably a Falcon fan posing as a Jet fan.

Cause I haven't seen a Jet fan on this board willing to trade for a 2nd and Duckett.

#288 Rcky_Mtn_Falcon, Mar 19, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
  9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

So you are happy with the Jets having an inferior overpaid player on the team like Ellis rather than the more talented more productive player, all because Abe turned down a contract that he thought was less than his value and then went out this year and proved it????

10. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

So you think Ty Hill is going to help the falcons more than Johnny A? There is no way Jimmy Williams is falling to 15.

11. amliv15

amliv15 New Member

Is this rumor from espn insider ?

12. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

What he is saying is lose a Pro Bowl center in Kevin Mawae and a Pro Bowl DE in order to replace the Pro Bowl center with a college prospect. Brilliant!.

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Your original point was that he was screwed because he was never offered a long term contract, but the fact is he was. At the time, Ellis was not a lesser player than Abraham. The goal was to get one of the two locked up. They chose Abraham, but he didn't want it. So then they went to Ellis, and he took it. It's Abraham's fault that he's had to wait this long for a contract. He could have had a 6 year deal for $15M in guaranteed money, very, VERY fair. Should the Jets have offered a little more to Abraham? Maybe. But at the time, it wasn't worth doing, because they were both equal. Your whole argument is based on hindsight. At the time, Ellis was his equal.

14. Cwdownz

Cwdownz New Member

You guys can be prepared to either keep him if you want the 15th for him. There is a huge difference between the 15th and the 31st. You know, your FO knows it, and you can bet your ass our FO knows it. IS ABE worth the 15th? IMO no but its close. Is he worth the Falcons second? Hell yeah and then some. Hes worth more than a 2nd round pick. If I were GM for a day I would do the deal in a heartbeat for this and next years 2nd. Or maybe a combination of picks and players this year. Just not the 15th overall. Anyone with any football savy knows that the Jets arent getting anything higher than the 31st for Abe. Hell thats just a high second round pick anyway. Dont be lost in the glamour of it having a first round name on it.

On a side note I would be willing to give up the 15th to Denver in return for their 22 and 27 overall. Then I would in a heartbeat give the Jets 27th. Of course that happens in fantasy land and we all know it.

15. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I think the Falcons will cave before the Jets do. This isn't just any pass rushing DE. This guy has:
    -Made three Pro Bowls in six seasons.
    -Had double digit sacks in four out of six seasons.

Yes he has had some injury troubles, but there is no doubting his talent if he's healthy.

I can't think of any player who has the potential to be this good in the 2nd round of the draft. If the Falcons' Front Office stops and looks at some tape of a healthy John Abraham play, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem giving up their mid first round pick for a guy like this. Anybody on this board can tell you just how dominant he can be.

16. Cwdownz

Cwdownz New Member

Dude your dreamin. He has a history of injuries and attitude problems. NOw in your defense he is a stud when hes healthy but to say hes worth the 15th overall plus a player and or 3rd round pick is just nuts.

17. atlantafan1987

atlantafan1987 New Member

Any player we draft with the 15th pick can help out the team in his first year. Im sorry but the falcons would be getting robbed blind if they traded the 15th pick for abraham. The only reason seattle is offering their 1st round pick is because its pretty much equal to a high 2nd due to how low it is.

18. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The Pro bowl center is a has been and had to be replaced. The Pro Bowl DE has asked for a trade and will be accomodated at a fair price or kept. Both moves are not only "Brilliant", they are necessary.

19. atlantafan1987

atlantafan1987 New Member

yet the seahawks are offering a 2nd round pick dressed up as a 1st and you guys welcome that deal with open arms.
    15th>>>>>>>>>>31st

20. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

I'm with u on that Kurt.